Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Street Lights - Punch's review

Cool Street Lights - Punch's review

Venue: Kuwait Ajial Mall 4:00 PM show

The movie plot revolves around 3 thieves stealing a Diamond Necklace and misplacing it while they are on run from a cop. Mammukka stars as cop James who has other intentions in mind while doing off-duty investigation on this case. Who will get to the misplaced Necklace first and what are James' other intentions form rest of the movie. Movie starts with Charlie Chaplin's famous quote - 'Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot' which fore-shadows a happy ending.

There are sub-plot stories of Soubin & Lijomol romance and one about a poor school going kid. Interlacing timelines resemble the one we have already seen in Traffic and Mumbai Police. Then comes a Domino Effect of events which leads to a decorous climax. Domino Effect is also not new to Malluwood as we have already experienced this treatment in movies like God's Own Country, Neram and a shorter version in pre-interval portion of Maheshinte Prathikaram.

Casting of the movie is almost spot on. Soubin nails the role of a freakish flirt. Dharmajan & Hareesh excel as dippy thieves. We rarely witness such excessive amount of comedy one-liners in a movie labelled as thriller. Stunt Silva is not another one-scene-punchbag for hero this time unlike his previous acting outings. The boy who did the role of Mani is here to stay.

BGM especially in the Motta Rajendran shootout scene stands out. Action scenes are choreographed well. I didn't like pacing of the movie towards the pre-climax time and a rather unwanted song in second half with weird lyrics (probably a dubbed tamil song). Also, heroism should have been trimmed down completely to give more realistic feel.

Altogether, Street Lights is a crisply edited well made quality thriller. I've went for the movie with least exceptions alone as my friends refused to join me. Surprisingly, they haven't even heard of the movie title at all; special kudos to the marketing wing of Play House! I liked this movie even better than Masterpiece. Shamdat made a promising debut as director and Mammukka kicked off 2018 journey with a triumph.

My Rating - 3.5/5
    <a href=http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5035_57.gif target=_blank>http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/sig...pic5035_57.gif</a>

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks Bhai

polichu...kidu punch review..thx

Thanks for the review

Good review

thanxxxx bhai
    മേരേ പ്യാരേ...ദേശ് വാസിയോം...യോം...യോം ..യോം ........

Good review....

thanks...

FK SULTHAN

punchhaji

Thanks Punch Haji..