Thread: Aadhi - A flawed backup plan!!

Default Aadhi - A flawed backup plan!!

I happened to watch Aadhi after some serious persuasion from my family. So, i know that after all those excellent reviews that have been coming up all around, one would be at the peak of excitement to watch this movie. Well, it actually didn't match those descriptions according to me.

Plot: Aadhi is a youngster who aspires to become a Music composer. Eventhough Aadhi is leading a happy life, there arises a need for him to prove his mettle in-front of his generous and loving parents. Hence, he sets off to Bangalore chasing his dreams. But, unfortunately Aadhi slips into a serious accident which results in his homerun for survival.

Negatives: The story is a mainstream tailor-made thriller. But, it is flawed to a large extent leaving doubts about the origin of it. As if why such a chain of events should happen in the first place, first fail. Second is the weak character build-up of Aadhi's life-lines out of which Anusree stands apart with her performance. Now, the third reason which i found absurd is the direction. Jeethu Joseph has gifted us some of the best thrillers in the past starting from Detective but here, he tries to incorporate some third-world future tech in to the plain plot here and there which slips out of his hand nicely; second fail. The third is the poor costume sense. Pranav plays a young composer here and he plays a guitar but hey he doesnt even wear an iron-maiden tee or even a proper good-looking jacket. Plain and unattractive for someone planning to capture attention; maybe a fail, maybe not but i found it a misfit. Fourth is the performance of some of the supporting casts, Siju Wilson and Sijoy Varghese are the two most affected ones because of the poorly written characters they were assigned to play which led to a talent drain. Jagpathi Babu comes as the usual big-shot. Sharafudeen and Anusree brought laughs in the second half. Final flaw is Roy CJ. :imeanwhy: :lokatholvi:

Positives: Pranav is a promising actor with some good athletic skillset. Especially the stunts being shown nearing the conclusion were executed gracefully by jr lalettan. Except that he needs to improve his mannerisms but will surely grow in the meantime. Songs and cinematography matched with the theme and pace that the story demanded. The first half has got nothing much to make the audience slip to the edge of the seat but the latter half fills-in for the loss of thrill which ended decent. Siddique and Lena plays well all-through as Aadhi's parents and Aditi...well she is an eyecandy.

Verdict: All the more, Aadhi is an above average thriller which is a failure logically but a success when it comes to presentation. Thank god, Jeethu was able to pull it out. Im very much sure that it is going to be a box-office winner and clearly no doubts on that. 2.8/5!! (I know, weird evaluation) cos it aint good enough but also it aint that flawed either.

Note: Not just making a comparison, but DQs entry could satisfy me far better as a viewer and now he has made a place for him in this industry. I admire Ikka for taking a risk especially with DQs debut. But here, Lalettan has also worked his ass out to make this a huge success and its not just Pranav...Believe me he even dared to bring-in Roy CJ and his white ghost in to the silver screen. LOL. And i hope that all the efforts behind this hits jackpot!!!������

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ClubAns; 01-28-2018 at 12:49 AM.

2. Likes Cinema Freaken liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks for the review 👍

Thanxx Bhai!

Thanks for the Review.........