Thread: Pooja Talks: Streetlights (3/5) Well-written Characters!

FK Visitor

Default Pooja Talks: Streetlights (3/5) Well-written Characters!

I have seen most films that released in the past year and majority of those films didn't satisfy me as a film lover. As a person looking for "clicheless" films, Streetlights didn't satisfy me either, but when we compare Streetlights with other films that released in the past year, this one stands unique because of well-written characters with a proper identity which common audience can connect to. All characters performed well with right emotions which blended with the screenplay, but the main plot was too thin and confusing at parts to make it a pleasing watch for the viewers. Mammootty deserves special mention for taking up this role which didn't have any heroic or self-boasting moments for the fans to cherish, actually its a plus for the actor, because an actor should be willing to take up any role no matter if others demand more performance or heroism. Rest of the characters, especially Soubin was a treat to watch for his witty jokes and the boy next door appearance. Stunt Silva was the surprise factor with his psycho attitude which worked well and gave extra scope for Inspector James to deliver more impact to the audience. Screenplay & Direction was just normal because the main plot didn't give much scope for these departments to function well. The concept was fresh for Malayalam, I repeat "for Malayalam," don't know how Tamil audience will accept this movie since they are too familiar with the one-day thrillers, just like everyone I'm also eager to know the verdict of the Tamil version. Streetlights is a watchable fare which you can give a try for the new style of storytelling and some interesting characters.

Rating: 3/5
    Verdict: Something Different!

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Nice Review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks...

FK Visitor

Welcome folks

Good one...thanks pooja

FK Visitor

Welcome Tiger

FK Regular

Thanks for your review

Thanks Pooja for your genuine comments...

Thanks Pooja..

Thanks for the Review.........