Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fisherman's Review of Poomaram

Default Fisherman's Review of Poomaram

Fisherman's Review of Poomaram
    Mar 15, 9PM
    EKM Padma Screen 1
    Status - HF

Went with low expectations after seeing reviews and also hearing opinions from friends. All were dissappointed to average comments. So did not have much expectations.

The film starts of plainly with a conversation between Dad and Son on things with respect to art, famous writers etc etc... Since I did not know most of the people whom they talked about could not relate much to those discussion. Anyway just convinced myself that they are talking about some great artists and writers

Then the movie shifts to two colleges in EKM - Maharajas and St.Teresas. Both these college along with Govt Law College forms the traditional axis of trouble in EKM City. On one side of Park Avenue we have all these colleges plus Kochi Corporation office and General Hospital and on the other side of the road are Children's Park, Subash Park and Main Boat Jetty. And the street completely lined up with trees. For long MG University Youth Festival has been a domination by Maharajas and St.Teresas with they exchanging Overall Championship between them in different years. The film focusses on the spirit, fight and struggle of both these colleges to win the Overall Championship this year. During this journey it also focusses on the effort taken by students for Youth Festivals, how judges might be influences, and small issue which becomes big trouble in Youth Festivals etc.

The biggest plus of this movie is the feel it brings in at different scenarios. For me the show stealer was the lady who played the Chairperson of St.Teresas college. Not sure who she is. The leadership she shows, the energy she shows and her speeches infuses so much energy in the viewers. For me first half was just awesome. The speeches by her before going to Youth Festival, taking of trophy from Principal's office to return to University, everything has been shot very well. In parallel the Maharajas side which might not bring in that much punch as we saw in St.Teresas, it was still good and well blended into the Maharajas enviroment. As the team moves into Youth Festival and starts their participation in different events, different events happens in parallel. Some of those events make your eyes moist and some brings happiness to you. One great thing which the director has maintained throughout all these is that, he never made the competetion spirit come in beyond certain point. Even though the central theme of the movie is the competetion between two colleges, he has ensured the movie stays to the spirit of Youth Festival where talents are recognized, dreams are met, shattered etc etc. The real competetion spirit just comes in between but we viewers also does not get too much worried about it but enjoy the spirit of Youth Festival.

I have typed up more without delving into the story. There is no much story as such. Go and feel the ride if you can appreciate the spirit of Youth Festivals.

Positives
    Script and Direction - VERY GOOD. With a simple theme of Youth Festival and Youth Festival only Abrid has pulled of a movie which is successfull in transferring the feel of Youth Festival to viewers.
    St.Teresas college chairperson - Outstanding.
    Kalidas - Okay. Cannot say anything great. I felt if the character was portrayed with little more fire, might be it would have been better.
    Most of the supporting characters, especially Joju.
    Songs.

Negatives
    Will not appeal to the majority section of the audience due to the frequent use of songs, poems etc.

Overall Summary - A different movie with great feel and connect with viewers. I just loved it.

Crowd Response - Some people were passing comments when discussion of different artists and different poems and all were rendered in the movie. Good Claps in the end. Jayaram was also there for the show. My thinking is this movie will do well in metros, once the exam season is over.

Rating - 4.5/5

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Agree on st treesa chairperson. She was awesome. Hope she get more movies

Sent from my BLN-L22 using Tapatalk

thanks...

Thanks for the review 😊

good review machaa... will go for it...

good review ....thanks

good review ....thanks

I think you will like it....

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    good review machaa... will go for it...

11. Likes Perumthachan liked this post

2 week pidichu nirthi. Orikkal koodi aa pattum kavithayum okke vachu promote cheythaal padam vacationil keri koluthum.

Aa song ippozhum aalukale theatreilekku ethikkavunna onnanu.