Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: England Football Team

Quote Originally Posted by perumal View Post
    I'd rather credit the academy coaches who has been working with these lads from their ages 5/6/7 and upwards !! Skills are not something can be developed in two or three years time!!

FA seems to be giving more importance to youth leagues now..but again the process still needs some more improvment..the challenges for a young player playing in u23 /u18 league is not consistent .. for ex,manutd play too many u18 in u23 league...and some u23 players on loan ..would be better to have these players playing in championship with manutd reserve team like barca/real Madrid do! These players would be much better prepared then for the first div!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Academy credits puthiya generations helpful aayekkaam (Lingard , Rashford etc ) ...but for example yesterdays match ...the best player was Kyle Walker ...then Stones , Sterling , Henderson etc ...Managers like Pep really helped...allaathe Stones onnum orikkalum ithrem improve aavilla...decisive passing's from the back

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Academy credits puthiya generations helpful aayekkaam (Lingard , Rashford etc ) ...but for example yesterdays match ...the best player was Kyle Walker ...then Stones , Sterling , Henderson etc ...Managers like Pep really helped...allaathe Stones onnum orikkalum ithrem improve aavilla...decisive passing's from the back
    Stones oke pande talented aanu !! Chuma ano 50m pottichath... Foreign managers improve cheyunund..Still avark inherent aayi aa talent cheruppathile ulath kondanallo work out akunnath .. athipo lingard ayalum rashford ayalum Sterling ayalum stones aayalum. ... See how much adored Sterling was by livpool fans before his move to city,and before falling out with Liverpool fans!!

https://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=28355.1470

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/t....58931/page-67

In a nutshell, all those coaches who hav been working with these players over the years ,deserve lots of credits !! Not just the foreign managers who hav been training them for 2/3 years!! Ok,they will learn lots from these foreign coaches and their vision could be immensely helpful too..but we cant disregard the efforts academies put in developing these players!!
    Last edited by perumal; 03-25-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Banned

John stones interview some time back @Giggs

Again shows why you cannot discredit the efforts at academy level!!

'I definitely played on a lot of muddy northern pitches.*

'But it was also there, in the youth teams at Barnsley, when I was first taught to express myself as a defender by my coaches, Ronnie Branson and Mark Burton.

'I'd be 13 or 14 and Ronnie and Mark loved how Barcelona played and they tried to bring that to our youth team. I am massively biased but I think our youth team was brilliant.

'We did have those aspects and principles of how Barcelona played: splitting wide from goal kicks, trying to play out, keeping the ball on the deck, all those fundamental things that they researched and embedded into all of us.

'I loved it there. I was attached to the club from six or seven. You have all the pitches around the stadium itself so you are always looking at where you want to get to.

'When I played for Ronnie and Mark, I was in the team environment of knowing how to play that Barcelona-style system. It was a collective thing and when you are all on the same page, it is so much easier.

'There was no question of anybody playing it long to a big target man up top. So I suppose what the coaches did there on those pitches around Oakwell went against the stereotype.*

'Because of that grounding, my philosophy is to keep the ball, keep possession. Watching the best teams in the Champions League from being a young boy and seeing how they played only reinforced that.

'It's all I've ever done. From my youth team all the way through, I was encouraged to play that way by Keith Hill when I was at Barnsley, and then Roberto Martinez at Everton, through to Gareth Southgate when he was in charge of the England Under-21s.

'When I first got into the full England squad under Roy Hodgson, he always gave me praise for doing it and wanted to steer me down the right path of when to do it.*

And there's not a better manager in the world than the one here at Manchester City. That's why I wanted to come and work with him and improve.

EURO 2004 England team consists of Gerrard , Scholes , Lampard , Rooney , Beckam , Terry was that a bad team ?
    They didn't even qualified for EURO 2008 they were also bad or just not getting things right ?

Academy yil talents ellaam develop cheythu ..grow up aayi...ellaam OK
    but when they comes to the bigger stages ...there lies the problem..something is missing which you will not get from Academies

West Ham had a very good academy during late 90's ...Rio Ferdiand , Terry , Lampard , Carrick , Joe Cole etc ...all are very good players but failed to win any silverware for National Team

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    EURO 2004 England team consists of Gerrard , Scholes , Lampard , Rooney , Beckam , Terry was that a bad team ?
    They didn't even qualified for EURO 2008 they were also bad or just not getting things right ?

Academy yil talents ellaam develop cheythu ..grow up aayi...ellaam OK
    but when they comes to the bigger stages ...there lies the problem..something is missing which you will not get from Academies

West Ham had a very good academy during late 90's ...Rio Ferdiand , Terry , Lampard , Carrick , Joe Cole etc ...all are very good players but failed to win any silverware for National Team
    That was the golden generation...and as they put it..rivalries and the managers back then played a part too!! England managers has been mostly shite down the years!! With some proper managers ,a Fergie/Wenger kind back in the day at national level could have immensely helped!! Silverware or not,they would have performed much better!! Even now,we don't know how effective can Southgate be!! Positive side is that he should be much better than Woy!

Another issue was the team selections...u can have all the talent in the world..but if u don't hav right players to play in right positions,the team would lack balance!!
    How can one team keep all of Gerrard,lampard and scholes in the team and expect it to be balanced...one of the biggest mistake for England was not to use Carrick's potential!!
    Last edited by perumal; 03-26-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Banned

Luck was also missing for that golden generation!! Lost multiple times in shoot out I think at major tournaments to aome quality teams!

Banned

An article from 6 years ago

This can explain how focus on technical ability of players is helpful to the current crop of Youngsters coming through!!

Still work in progress though...

The Football Association made one of the most important decisions in England's football history on Monday when it voted in favour of youth development plans that will enhance technique and game understanding.

Fittingly, the vote was at Wembley which will eventually reap the benefit of these much-needed reforms.

The impact of introducing small-sided games all the way up to under-12 level, allowing kids more touches in matches on sensibly-sized pitches, will not be felt at elite level for a decade but it is a hugely significant step on the road to enlightenment.

?The whole of the country has its eyes on us today,? said Barry Bright, the chairman of the FA Council, in his opening address to the FA shareholders from counties, leagues and assorted other bodies at the annual meeting. The shareholders did not let the country down.

There was still resistance among certain county FAs to change, although eventually the reforms were passed by 679 votes to 99.

Concerns raised by some of the sceptics revolved around pitch logistics and the cost of new goals. Some of the Luddites appeared more worried about the wording of the reforms.

The successful vote means that kids will not play 11-a-side football until they are 13, that the five-a-side format will be mandatory for under-sevens and under-eights while under-11s and under-12s will play nine v nine on size-appropriate pitches.

Leagues will involve smaller periods of competition, rather than the eight-month adult variety, while parents and coaches will be urged to drop the ?win-at-all-costs? approach to children?s football.

?We want there to be less pressure on kids,? said Nick Levett, the FA?s national development manager for youth football who has spent the past two years criss-crossing the country, making presentations and winning over counties and leagues.

?There needs to be a climate change ? this is kids? football, not the World Cup final.?

Yet the long-term aspiration is to accentuate technique, so moulding better players. ?This is about grass-roots football but also a 15 to 20-year programme for long-term player development, ultimately to help produce players to support the professional game and England team,?? added Levett.

?It will mean more touches, more shots and more dribbles for young players and therefore improving the kids? technique.

?The Mid-Herts League told me that they did nine v nine for the first year at under-11s and said they ?couldn?t believe we ever did 11 v 11 on full-sized adult pitches?.

"Bolton and Bury District Junior League started it at 11s and 12s and had feedback from clubs and kids to say ?we want to do it for another year?. They?ve taken it on to under-13s as well [as in Spain]. It won?t be a surprise if in five years? time a lot of leagues are doing a similar thing.

?Bolton, Bury and District League found that when people came together at under-13s, having done two years of either the 11 v 11 route or nine v nine, the teams who finished in the top six of the league were the ones who?d gone the nine v nine route and had developed better techniques and game understanding.

?The Surrey Youth League is a massive league, 500+ teams. They?ve gone to nine v nine for the first time and they?ve seen a massive improvement for the kids. Chelmer and Crouch League in Essex were a little league who decided to run nine v nine.

"Another big league in the same area in Essex have started doing nine v nine because they were losing so many teams to Chelmer and Crouch.??

Key proposals

Five-a-side games mandatory for Under-7s and U-8s.
    Nine-a-side for U-11s and U-12s.
    Pitch size to match age group.
    More time on ball the priority for youngsters to develop technical skills.
    Competitions will change from
    eight-month-long, adult-based season into shorter periods.
    Parents and coaches encouraged to drop a win-at-all-costs approach.

Banned

Lingard and young starts
    352 again!!

England XI to face Italy: Butland, Trippier, Stones, Tarkowski, Walker, Young, Dier, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lingard, Sterling, Vardy.

Banned

England leading 1-0 at half time!! Vardy scoring after some quick thinking by jesse to grab the assist

After a slow start, the last 20mins of first half saw England play some beautiful football

Lingard young sterling ox vardy