Page 3 of 180 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K Restoration of old Films - Tech corner

Quote Originally Posted by Iravikkuttan View Post
    It would be better to make a contract with TV channels before selecting movies. Also consider movies that have a scope for re-releasing (Padayottam, Kilukkam, Devasuram, etc.)
    Yes we are trying for that. Then only we can successfully maintain the project. Our idea is to remaster movies which have repeat audience.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "നമുക്കൊരു ഒന്നൊ​ന്നര പടമുണ്ടെന്നു പറ" !!

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Quote Originally Posted by vishnugk88 View Post
    Manichithrathazhu oke irakanam.ipo available aya printil ellam 8-10 mnts cut cheithite unde...athude include cheithe irakanm
    Need to get consent from producer. We are trying our best. Before everything We need to know peoples interest in buying a such kind of Blu-ray titles.

Quote Originally Posted by sankar1992 View Post
    Need to get consent from producer. We are trying our best. Before everything We need to know peoples interest in buying a such kind of Blu-ray titles.

Old titles are always welcome and people were crazy to hear Saina releasing old titles on DVD again (but disappointed after the release). There has also been many requests from people for old movie Blu rays, however it again depends on the titles being released.

Have you decided on the titles yet, at least planned which titles you want to release on Blu ray? If yes, then please share the list.
    FREE: Get the 2022-2023 versions of our Home Video Databases

DVD 1http://www.mediafire.com/file/4r1zh9...-2023_DVD1.iso

Vadakkan Veera Gadha venam.

And personally i would recommend you to focus on getting a contract with any reliable TV channels.

DVD onnum sell cheythu cash undakkaan pattilla.

Next day tamizhnaaatile pettikadayil saadhanam irangum .

It's not a device. yavanika movie remastered 10 years back and re-censored . But still the aspect ratio is 4:3 .I think they haven't done even a 1080P restoration. The remastered print is only with Asianet. The dvd rights owned by saina. But their print on YT have dirts and lines here and there.

Isn't aspect ratio 4:3 better for old movies ..? 16:9 ratio would probably stretch the image and would generate a mediocre feel ....
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

If the movie is a classic, then people will surely buy bluray ... But 4K ...?? I don't think anybody would be crazy abt that as the TVs that support 4K content are rare (If you don't consider the Mi). 1080p / 2K would be the better choice ...
    You can also consider popular online platforms like Amazon, Flipkart for marketing the titles.
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

Quote Originally Posted by Naradhan View Post
    Isn't aspect ratio 4:3 better for old movies ..? 16:9 ratio would probably stretch the image and would generate a mediocre feel ....
    I hope we will get additional information from the sides and of course have to crop top and bottom but it won't be too much.
    Watch this video.you will get an idea.

https://youtu.be/qwloo_HNhvQ

Last edited by sankar1992; 04-11-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rajivnedungadi View Post
    Old titles are always welcome and people were crazy to hear Saina releasing old titles on DVD again (but disappointed after the release). There has also been many requests from people for old movie Blu rays, however it again depends on the titles being released.

Have you decided on the titles yet, at least planned which titles you want to release on Blu ray? If yes, then please share the list.
    We have not finalised the titles.But We have shortlisted 10 movies to primary list.We are trying to get a contract with TV channels. So Titles will be dependent on the TV channels.And also permission from producer is crucial for Blu-ray release.

Last edited by sankar1992; 04-11-2018 at 01:11 PM.

10. Likes Mike liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Naradhan View Post
    If the movie is a classic, then people will surely buy bluray ... But 4K ...?? I don't think anybody would be crazy abt that as the TVs that support 4K content are rare (If you don't consider the Mi). 1080p / 2K would be the better choice ...
    You can also consider popular online platforms like Amazon, Flipkart for marketing the titles.
    Restoration is on 4k but the Blu-ray release will be at a maximum of 2K resolution and it depends on title to title.

Quote Originally Posted by Oruvan1 View Post
    Vadakkan Veera Gadha venam.

And personally i would recommend you to focus on getting a contract with any reliable TV channels.

DVD onnum sell cheythu cash undakkaan pattilla.

Next day tamizhnaaatile pettikadayil saadhanam irangum .
    Yeah we know pirated prints will circulate through torrent sites. That's why we are taking pre-order precautions .