Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Kalank | Sanjay | Madhuri | Sonakshi | Alia | Varun | Aditya

Quote Originally Posted by OxY View Post
    3/5 kodutho....

MAMMOOTTY AKKI VIJAY PRABHAS YASH

3. Likes OxY liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by visakh r View Post
    3/5 kodutho....
    Its mixed reviews actually,, lot of them liked it.

This movie was actually an engaging romantic drama IMO with excellent performances all around. What were critics expecting from a Karan Johar storyline? In fact, it has the same level of depth and logic (or lack thereof), melodrama, and predictability as his previous romantic blockbusters, just in a different historical setting. What elevates the film and makes it entertaining are the grand visuals and set details, great album, choreography, and actors screen presence and chemistry. It has its negatives and is often melodramatic, but if you go in expecting that it is a harmless commercial entertainer.

6. Likes OxY liked this post

Iam someone who watched the movie. The main drawbacks are that the script is half baked and in many places confused. And it is over stretched. A movie which can be finished in 2 hours getting over in 3 hours.

That is where Manikarnika scored. Its duration was 2 hrs and 28 minutes and there was not a single unwanted scene.

And Karan Johar is known for making contemporary themed movies like Kabhi Alvidha Na Kehna or Ae Dil Hain Mushkil . He used the same pattern in a period film with extra marital affairs and with a family whole views are at times traditional and at times very forward. So we feel confused whether they are really old fashioned or whether they are really conservative?

Quote Originally Posted by fuji View Post
    This movie was actually an engaging romantic drama IMO with excellent performances all around. What were critics expecting from a Karan Johar storyline? In fact, it has the same level of depth and logic (or lack thereof), melodrama, and predictability as his previous romantic blockbusters, just in a different historical setting. What elevates the film and makes it entertaining are the grand visuals and set details, great album, choreography, and actors screen presence and chemistry. It has its negatives and is often melodramatic, but if you go in expecting that it is a harmless commercial entertainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
    Iam someone who watched the movie. The main drawbacks are that the script is half baked and in many places confused. And it is over stretched. A movie which can be finished in 2 hours getting over in 3 hours.

That is where Manikarnika scored. Its duration was 2 hrs and 28 minutes and there was not a single unwanted scene.

And Karan Johar is known for making contemporary themed movies like Kabhi Alvidha Na Kehna or Ae Dil Hain Mushkil . He used the same pattern in a period film with extra marital affairs and with a family whole views are at times traditional and at times very forward. So we feel confused whether they are really old fashioned or whether they are really conservative?
    idk, i feel like when I watch a K-Jo film i suspend a lot of disbelief in terms of plot details and as long as the proceedings engage me with some decent drama, visuals, performances and some good songs, I'm satisfied on the whole. I'm just expecting a piece of escapist entertainment from him lol.

Honestly, this movie would have been a blockbuster if it released in the 90s or early 2000s. Movies like Devdas, K3G, KKHH, Veer Zaara all suffer from many of the same claimed flaws. Maybe a sign that the current generations taste has changed considerably!

No its not a generation problem. Devdas, Veer zaara etc were engaging and entertaining with beautiful songs etc. They knew exactly where they were going to. Here somewhere the script went haywire and this affected the movie. I think that is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by fuji View Post
    idk, i feel like when I watch a K-Jo film i suspend a lot of disbelief in terms of plot details and as long as the proceedings engage me with some decent drama, visuals, performances and some good songs, I'm satisfied on the whole. I'm just expecting a piece of escapist entertainment from him lol.

Honestly, this movie would have been a blockbuster if it released in the 90s or early 2000s. Movies like Devdas, K3G, KKHH, Veer Zaara all suffer from many of the same claimed flaws. Maybe a sign that the current generations taste has changed considerably!