Thread: Avengers Infinity War - Punch's review [SPOILER ALERT]

Thumbs up Avengers Infinity War - Punch's review [SPOILER ALERT]

Avengers: INFINITY WAR - REVIEW

Russo Brothers pulled off what is quite impossible - live up to the massive pre-release hype and at same time, deliver a movie of epic proportions without compromising main story arc. They made the biggest ensemble superhero movie with lots of scenes with fun and thrills but towards the end it is emotions & shock.

Movie gets going with the events after the post credit scenes of Thor Ragnarok where Asgardian spaceship encounter Thanos ship. Thanos gets his hands on Hulk, Thor, Loki & Heimdall and kills the last two. He sends Black Order to retrieve the Stones on earth. How Avengers defend the Mind Stone & Time Stone forms the rest of story. Movie has its super hero interaction moments you'll find only in a comic book - Star Lord - Thor, Iron man - Dr. Strange, Iron man - Star Lord, Thor - Rocket (Rabbit :D ), Bucky - Rocket [Rocket: How much for that arm? :D ], Groot - Captain America [ Groot: I'm Groot. Cap: I'm Steve Rogers! :) ] Movie enters a fast pace toward the end fight scene. The cliffhanger climax will not just sell this movie but will ensure that Avengers 4 will outsell this one. Wait till the credits end to see the Motha F**king post credit scene! Welcome abroad, Captain Marvel!!

What all I Liked:

✰ Stunning IMAX Visuals. MCU nailed it this time.

✰ Sound Effects [Every time Thanos gets an Infinity Stone, there is a loud sound track that gives you cold shivers]

✰ Thanos [It is HIS movie; just like Joker owned The Dark Knight]

✰ Unexpected Cameos: Nick Fury, Red Skull (It was a shocker), Stan Lee (got claps even though his cameo was expected)

✰ Dr. Strange was geeky, Banner was funnier in scenes where he try to call the Hulk guy, Iron Man was arrogant but worried of fellow avengers, Spidey got claps for Thanos kick fest scene, Thor stole the show with Storm breaker, Caps don't have much to do after that superb intro scene, Drax was invisible throughout the movie!! :D

✰ Scenes where Thanos uses the Reality & Time Stones.

✰ Cliff Hanger Climax. Need to wait until May, 2019 to know what actually happened in climax!

✰ CG Effects: CG Effects are very good except for some close up shots showing Vision?s face.

✰ Punch lines: "All that for a drop of blood" was my favorite!

What I didn't like?

✰ Only few scenes with eye catchy 3D Effects.

✰ Uneven screen time for Avengers: Hulk (not Banner) has less than 1 minute screen space, Black Panther was sidelined to few scenes. But they did acknowledge absence of Antman & Hawk-eye.

✰ Potholes: Dr. Strange could have easily reversed the time line when their plan failed & do it again. Also, Thanos being the master tactician didn?t care to kill Avengers when he had the chance.

My Verdict: Superhero Movie of this Decade!

My Rating: 4.5/5

Note: Try to watch the movie in IMAX; I'll guarantee it will be an unforgettable experience!
    Last edited by PunchHaaji; 04-26-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    <a href=http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5035_57.gif target=_blank>http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/sig...pic5035_57.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by PunchHaaji View Post
    Avengers: INFINITY WAR - REVIEW

Russo Brothers pulled off what is quite impossible - live up to the massive pre-release hype and at same time, deliver a movie of epic proportions without compromising main story arc. They made the biggest ensemble superhero movie with lots of scenes with fun and thrills but towards the end it is emotions & shock.

Movie gets going with the events after the post credit scenes of Thor Ragnarok where Asgardian spaceship encounter Thanos ship. Thanos gets his hands on Hulk, Thor, Loki & Heimdall and kills the last two. He sends Black Order to retrieve the Stones on earth. How Avengers defend the Mind Stone & Time Stone forms the rest of story. Movie has its super hero interaction moments you'll find only in a comic book - Star Lord - Thor, Iron man - Dr. Strange, Iron man - Star Lord, Thor - Rocket (Rabbit :D ), Bucky - Rocket [Rocket: How much for that arm? :D ], Groot - Captain America [ Groot: I'm Groot. Cap: I'm Steve Rogers! :) ] Movie enters a fast pace toward the end fight scene. The cliffhanger climax will not just sell this movie but will ensure that Avengers 4 will outsell this one. Wait till the credits end to see the Motha F**king post credit scene! Welcome abroad, Captain Marvel!!

What all I Liked:

✰ Stunning IMAX Visuals. MCU nailed it this time.

✰ Sound Effects [Every time Thanos gets an Infinity Stone, there is a loud sound track that gives you cold shivers]

✰ Thanos [It is HIS movie; just like Joker owned The Dark Knight]

✰ Unexpected Cameos: Nick Fury, Red Skull (It was a shocker), Stan Lee (got claps even though his cameo was expected)

✰ Dr. Strange was geeky, Banner was funnier in scenes where he try to call the Hulk guy, Iron Man was arrogant but worried of fellow avengers, Spidey got claps for Thanos kick fest scene, Thor stole the show with Storm breaker, Caps don't have much to do after that superb intro scene, Drax was invisible throughout the movie!! :D

✰ Scenes where Thanos uses the Reality & Time Stones.

✰ Cliff Hanger Climax. Need to wait until May, 2019 to know what actually happened in climax!

✰ CG Effects: CG Effects are very good except for some close up shots showing Vision?s face.

✰ Punch lines: "All that for a drop of blood" was my favorite!

What I didn't like?

✰ Only few scenes with eye catchy 3D Effects.

✰ Uneven screen time for Avengers: Hulk (not Banner) has less than 1 minute screen space, Black Panther was sidelined to few scenes. But they did acknowledge absence of Antman & Hawk-eye.

✰ Potholes: Dr. Strange could have easily reversed the time line when their plan failed & do it again. Also, Thanos being the master tactician didn?t care to kill Avengers when he had the chance.

My Verdict: Superhero Movie of this Decade!

My Rating: 4.5/5

Note: Try to watch the movie in IMAX; I'll guarantee it will be an unforgettable experience!
    Thank u Haaji bhai!

3. Likes PunchHaaji liked this post

Thanks for the Review.........

5. Likes PunchHaaji liked this post