Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ABRAHAMINTE SANTHATHIKAL ~ Real Cinemas review ~ An average outing.

Default ABRAHAMINTE SANTHATHIKAL ~ Real Cinemas review ~ An average outing.

Lal fan anu ennu paranju ente melottu kerunna Fkile chilla nalla suhurthukalku vendi ente FK Villain review thaazhe post cheythitund. Yes, I do have a liking for Lal sir for so many other reasons than his films or acting....but that doesn't mean that I blindly support his movies or degrade others movies.

http://www.forumkeralam.in/forum/sho...cinemas+review

Every viewer has their own taste which could be negative or postive, I never judge any cinema based on any actors and I want every good cinema do well.

THEATER:

TVM ARIES PLEX - Screen 1 - DAY 2

EXPECTATIONS:

Since last few years I have seen only 3 or 4 movies of Mammooty sir from theaters as he has been dishing out a huge number of movies a year with most of them turning out to be average or bad. So decided to watch this movie with zero expectation and that too to support my part for Jobyettan who has been a nice and supportive person in many ways.

CROWD:

Didn't get tickets on day 1 despite calling the production team. All the proper seats were full on day 2 as well, thanks to the manager at Ariesplex for calling me back and arranging the tickets last minute. Crowd was terrific barring some issues between few people towards and during interval. Don't know what the issue was ?...but it was a mess.

SCREENPLAY, STORY & DIRECTION :

Haneef Adeni is touted as a promising writer in the industry, but I personally didnt like his first outing as well as the writing of this movie. He did a good job as a director in The great father. Awaiting his next biggie with Nivin for Anto Joseph production.

There is nothing in it which can be called as a story. Started off interestingly with few murders which I thought would be the core plot and then there were many irrelevant scenes which has nothing to with the movie.

Shaji Padoor scored well in some sequences and was very mediocre in the rest. Happy that he finally made a movie after 20 + years of cinema experiance.

MUSIC :

I felt the songs were misplaced, blocking the flow and creating lags during first half. A movie of this kind doesn't require this many songs. Mulla Poovithalo turned out to be a good song and I am still wondering why it is still not in hit charts. Jerusalem Naayaka turned out to be a good christian song, but could have been skipped from the movie. It gave us a feeling that it has something to do with the main character of the movie but it was just a song inserted for namesake.

Take a bow Gopi Sundar for the best back ground score in recent times. Excellent.

CAMERA:

Decent takes by Alby and supports the movie well.

EDITING:

Movie demands good editing and Mahesh Narayanan does a decent job to an extent, but still at few places I felt a bit confused. Not sure if it was just for me or any other viewer felt the same.

ACTION :

Good & stylish. It is a trend now to import Negroes and whites for action sequences. The "wow" by the kid in the last action sequence could have been avoided.

THE MOVIE:

I am still wondering why the diversion in story after creating a few thrills in the initial sequences ?. It starts to thrill in the initial few minutes, the killer gets caught in one second and the movie goes through many irrelevant scenes before coming to the main plot which is good but the makers could have added few more scenes to make the brothers relationship look more convincing. For me this movie is all about Mammooty sirs screen presence, promising initial few minutes and climax which has been worked out well to an extent.

PERFORMANCES :

MAMMOOTY

This kind of a role is a cakewalk for a star like him and he has excelled in it. This 67 year old boy looks too good in his looks and nails the emotional scenes with perfection.

ANSON PAUL

I felt its a missed opportunity for him as he was far from convincing in many scenes, esp emotional scenes. Tovino who was the first choice in this role would have been an added bonus for the film.

KANIKHA & ANSONS HEROINE

There is nothing much to do for heroines in this movie and I am sure Nayanthara would have surely skipped this movie if she was offered this role of no importance which Kanikha did. Ansons heroine was a total failure with no expressions at all.

SOHAN SEENULAL

Please be a successful director soon. We dont want to see you on screen anymore.

OTHER ACTORS

There is a long list of actors in the movie which has nothing important to do, but hangs on to fulfill their given roles.

CROWD RESPONSE & VERDICT:

Average to above average from normal viewers and a blockbuster response from Mammooty sirs fans.

For me recent best of Mammooty sir, lacks content but proves what he can do at box office if a good movie springs up.

2.5 / 5
    Last edited by 4EVER; 06-20-2018 at 11:27 PM.
    Onam movies *

FINALS - GENUINE ATTEMPT: 3.5 / 5

PORINJU MARIYAM JOSE: 3 / 5

BROTHERS DAY - 2.5 / 5

LOVE, ACTION, DRAMA - Average: 2.5 / 5

ITTIMANI MADE IN CHINA - Total mess: 1 / 5

2. Likes Saathan, hakkimp liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Edited your Paragraph about collections in the review thread... Please stick to talking about Positives n Negatives of the movie in the review thread

5. Likes KeralaVarma, PokkiriRaja liked this post
    Banned

Review ezhuthanel ezhuthiyT angu ponam...bloated collection review nte bagam ano??

Villain rvw il kandilalo
    Mathramalla villain ninak average enn parayan 3 weeks vendi vann..athayath chatha kunjinte jaathakam ezhuthi kazinj...abraham success ayi odumbo asahishnutha mooth rvw ezhuthi thopikamenu orth kanumale

Just oru dbt kond paranjune ulu

VILLAIN ~ Real Cinemas review ~ Villain is a total letdown sans Lal Sir.
    It has been 3 weeks since one of the most awaited movie of the season " VILLAIN " released. I thought of delaying my review due to several reasons.

Here's my views on Villain from what I have understood cinema....I am just a beginner learning new things and sorry if any industry bigwigs or fans reads this and gets hurt....it is just my views and I have the right to do so.

THEATER:

TVM ARIES PLEX - Screen 1 - FDFS

EXPECTATIONS:

Always have high expectations on a Lal sir movie, but decided to keep my expectations low as the director - actors last outing Mr.Fraud was just a senseless cinema by any standards of viewing.

CROWD:

Huge crowd as expected for a well hyped / marketed Lal sir movie on a release day. Atmosphere was just electrifying. Rockline Venkitesh sir and his team was there to watch the movie at Aries.

SCREENPLAY, STORY & DIRECTION :

I like the writer far better than the director in Unnikrishnan sir. He has written some of my favorites The Tiger, Grand Master, Madambi , Aviramam and at the same time he has come up with damb squibs like I G, Pramani, The Thriller, I love me, Mr. Fraud.

With 2.5 years of scripting and discussions one would expect something different from the script writer Unnikrishnan sir and thats exactly where the movie suffers. It follows the same path of every film made in this genre "Thriller" and has nothing new to offer on screenplay or story. Again I am no one to judge a director like Unnikrishnan sir...it is just my views.

So many characters looked half baked and these characters looked as if they were written in a weeks time for a story build up to oppose the hero, sorry Villain. The writer has invested ample time on Lal sirs character which shows on the output as well. Unfortunately cinema is not about just one character and how he is presented,those are bygone times and might click one in every hundred outings these days. Came across a statement from Unnikrishnan sir stating that an actor can perform well only if a script is good, I believe an actor can save a movie just like how Lal sir has lifted Villain a step high.

Surprisingly I liked the director in Unnikrishnan this time.....did a neat job despite a flawed script.

MUSIC :

Kandittum can be rated as one of the best songs of the year and the song pathiye nee during credits suited well for the movie. The club song and the title song is just a " Thattikootu " and could have been better if 4 Musics invested some more time in it.

CAMERA:

Manoj Paramahamsa and N.K Ekambaram has done a decent job and the output looks refreshing. Not sure what extra quality or sharpness 8K has brought in for Villain other than personal happiness for the camera man and director who knows the technical sides of it. One hardcore fan said he could see the sharpness on Lal sirs face, well atleast one good review about it.

EDITING:

Thrillers are meant to be crisp and engaging. Shameer Mohammad has done an excellent job to get things connected in this flawed screenplay which goes back and forth to flashback and present.

ACTION :

3 actions directors, fighters from overseas etc...etc.

Action lacks impact given the names and hype associated with it. Good that the names were mentioned so that audiences came to know that big names were associated with it.

The dress code for Lal sir in the first action sequence and even the sets made for the major action scenes looked customized and odd.

THE MOVIE:

The movie is high on emotions from the word go and is low on content to make a viewer glued to their seats. I felt there were too many incomplete things happening in the movie which affects the flow of the movie. I really felt the last few sequences of Lal Sir - Vishal - Hansika were not at all acceptable to any type of viewers and too philosophical. . All the major dialogues shown in the trailer of the movie are either references and Lal sir's lines against taking revenge and preaching towards villain and his girl friend looks really jaded. Entertainment or class is what people are looking for and unfortunately Villain does not offer any of these. There is one scene which can be called the scene of the year, hats off to the complete actor and director for pulling out such an unconventional scene with so much beauty.

PERFORMANCES :

Lal Sir

Lal sir excelled as Mathew Manjooran a emotionally troubled father, Husband and cop. His superlative performance is the only saving grace of the movie.

Manju Warrier

Manju does a good job, but repeated emotional scenes of Manju doesn't work in favor of the movie

Vishal & Hansika

Vishal's and Hansika's role is poorly written and their flashbacks are not at all convincing. You don't feel anything for their characters. If they are aimed at Tamil release, fine. If not, I dont think their combination has done any favor to the movie.

Other actors

Siddique, Chemban Vinod has done their part well. Rashi Khanna did better than expected. Sreekanth, Aju, Renji Panicker etc are just wasted with unimportant roles.

CROWD RESPONSE & VERDICT:

Have missed very few FDFS shows of Lal sir and and in my point of view the crowd was disappointed with the proceedings. I watched the movie with three friends and everyone felt it as an average fare.

I saw the movie with my family a week later and surprisingly they liked the movie to an extend despite my average feedback.

I wanted Villain to be a blockbuster, but after watching it I felt it deserves nothing more than an average success. A huge success would have led to more & more unnecessary hyped movies in future. Hope this will be a learning curve to all associated with it.

POST DVD RELEASE:

Saw few statements like the movie didn't do good in theaters and it will be declared as a "CULT" movie post its dvd release.The truth is that, it has nothing extra ordinary to boast about other than Lal sirs performance and will never get that "CULT" movie status down the years. Villain will always be an average outing with a superlative performance from Lal sir .

It is not the show count that matters, but how people accepts the movie.The average theater response with out any new release opposition just proves that.

2.5 / 5 - Average and that too just for Lal sirs towering performance.

7. Likes kannan, PokkiriRaja liked this post

Villainum munneyum njan reviews post cheythitund..... Villain kanda divasam short review athinte threadil post cheythirunnu.

Negative kaanunavark ellam nagative thanne.

Cinemakal irangumbol ente postukal oke sredichu vayiku...appol kaanam pala cinemakalude collectionsine kurichu paranjirikunathu.

Njan 2 cinemakalude collections mathrame day by day follow cheythitullu......unfortunately for you and me Abraham athinte bhaagamayi poyi
    Last edited by realcinemas; 06-20-2018 at 11:42 PM.
    Onam movies *

BROTHERS DAY - 2.5 / 5

Good detailed review, will wait for dvd which hopefully will release during september

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by realcinemas View Post
    Villainum munneyum njan reviews post cheythitund..... Villain kanda divasam short review athinte threadil post cheythirunnu.

Negative kaanunavark ellam nagative thanne.

Cinemakal irangumbol ente postukal oke sredichu vayiku...appol kaanam pala cinemakalude collectionsine kurichu paranjirikunathu.

Njan 2 cinemakalude collections mathrame day by day follow cheythitullu......unfortunately for you and me Abraham athinte bhaagamayi poyi
    Rvw oke ningada ishtam... oru cinemayude personal opinion ne pati numma abiprayam paranja sheriyavula! Ningada chila comments kandond ningada udeshashudhiyil doubt ullath kond chodichenu mathram

11. Likes KeralaVarma, PokkiriRaja liked this post

Kurupottals at its peak. Nothing beyond that. Why didnt u wait 3 weeks this time? As I said earlier U will devote more time to degrade this movie. Didnt expect this from People who are working close to the industry.

Real wat was your agenda
    Oru padathe ingane degrade cheyyunnathinte udhesham negative revew ittathu kondalla palarum negative ittittundu but thante ee revew seriously degrading thanne
    Mods please do something against this njanithu pole are pattiyum complaint cheythittilla but ee member sharikkum deserve cheyyunnu

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by BASH1982 View Post
    Real wat was your agenda
    Oru padathe ingane degrade cheyyunnathinte udhesham negative revew ittathu kondalla palarum negative ittittundu but thante ee revew seriously degrading thanne
    Mods please do something against this njanithu pole are pattiyum complaint cheythittilla but ee member sharikkum deserve cheyyunnu
    Ente agenda oke avide iriikate, samayam akumbol parayam.

Nammude naatil oke recent best ennu paranjal degrading alla. Nalla collection und weekdaysil poyi irunnu promote cheyu.
    Last edited by realcinemas; 06-21-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    Onam movies *

BROTHERS DAY - 2.5 / 5