Thread: NEERALI ~ Making a mockery of audiences.

Default NEERALI ~ Making a mockery of audiences.

THEATER:

TVM GREEN FIELD, CARNIVAL - Screen 5 - DAY 1, 9: 30 AM

EXPECTATIONS:

Zero expectations from the day it was announced. Planned it last minute with a question what of it turns out to be atleast an average survival Thriller ?

CROWD:

Around 30 percent occupancy. Greenfield is turning out to be my hot spot for movie watching. Tickets will be available here all the time. esp morning shows.

SCREENPLAY, STORY & DIRECTION :

The idea of survival genre hasn't been tried much in malayalam cinema. The rating of 1.5 given below is for the script writer Saju Thomas for this idea and convincing an actor like Lal sir for this project. The appreciation just ends there as the screenplay by Saju is a total mess, predictable from the word go and doesn't even have one impressive scene which stays in our mind post leaving the theaters. The direction by Ajoy Varma is just plain and has nothing new to offer.

MUSIC :

Songs are wrongly placed and not impressive at all. Do we need songs in a survival thriller genre ? Producer might have got 10 - 15 lakhs as audio rights ? Stephen has been a total let down as the music director. Even the background music for this survival thriller falls flat.

CAMERA

The only saving grace of the movie. Well done Santhosh Thundiyil.

EDITING:

This genre requires slick editing and the editors have done their best to get things connected in this messed up screenplay.

THE MOVIE:

No surprises, predictable and a total letdown the from the word go. The director just couldn't convey what he had in his mind. One such scene was the messages that the hero hears from the farther at church. I really dont think anybody got the real idea director had in mind. This and many other scenes could have been conveyed in a better way.The survivor even mentions a survival film castaway in the movie which is cliche at its best. Ajoy Verma....movies like Castaway, 127 hours etc made us feel for the hero even though it is a movie and with regards to Neerali I just wanted the show to get over and really felt this is a movie and why should I feel for the survivor ?

PERFORMANCES :

MOHANLAL

Again a cakewalk for him and still wondering if he believed that this will come out as a good movie ?

NADIA MOIDU

Misfit for this role and a total failure if the idea was to attract family audiences.

OTHER ACTORS

A galore of actors which has nothing to offer other than coming and going. Very bad casting and no proper completion of characters.

CROWD RESPONSE & VERDICT:

From what I saw, it was a total disappointment for each and everyone watching it. I lost interest 30 minutes into the movie and just wanted it to get over.

Strictly my views and Neerali might be good watch for some.

1.5 / 5

Making a mockery of audiences and taking them for granted. Say no to films like this so that producers, actors etc will think different and come out with good projects.
    Last edited by realcinemas; 07-15-2018 at 10:19 AM.
    Onam movies *

FINALS - GENUINE ATTEMPT: 3.5 / 5

PORINJU MARIYAM JOSE: 3 / 5

BROTHERS DAY - 2.5 / 5

LOVE, ACTION, DRAMA - Average: 2.5 / 5

ITTIMANI MADE IN CHINA - Total mess: 1 / 5

2. Likes : Raaz :, maryland, MEGASTAR ROCKS liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks...

താങ്ക്സ് .......

Thanks for the Review.........

Thanks for the review