Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: 🌟 Jallikattu 🌟 Streaming in Amazon Prime 🌟 Silver Peacock winner @ IFFI 🌟

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    that's like saying maheshinte prathikaram is a movie about a guy trying to buy a new pair of chappals...
    he was connecting the beef issue and the film....initially made sense to me...then came to me that buffalo is not beef
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts
    FK SULTHAN

Is Jallikattu The Right Choice For The Oscars? Anurag Kashyap, Hansal Mehta And Others Respond - EXCLUSIVE

Anurag Kashyap, Hansal Mehta, Srijit Mukherjee and other prominent filmmakers speak on the Malayalam film Jallaikattu making the Oscar cut. Anurag Kashyap says, “Of course I am happy . This was one year where I felt we had four films that had backing and they made a bold choice. Jallikattu has XYZ films as US distributor and a successful festival run and international reviews. So it does stand a good chance."

Kashyap adds, "There was also The Disciple in the selection race that has Cuaron and international distribution and festival wins There was Sir that has international distribution and festival run and backing and there was Yeh Ballet that had international appeal and Netflix backing. Lijo Jose Pellissery is a filmmaker of international standards and the world needs to know him so I am happy this will cast the light on him .”

Hansal Mehta says, “It's a brilliant film. Absolutely no doubt. I haven't seen Chaitanya Tamhane's film The Disciple yet but going by the accolades it received and so much talk about it being a possible contender for Oscars maybe this was the film to be sent? About time this process for selection changes. Films that stand a chance need to be sent. Period. And films stand a chance based on many factors. Not just likes/dislikes of some mystery jury. The year Lunchbox was in contention they sent Good Road. The year Shahid and Fandry were in contention they sent Liars Dice. The politics, motives and understanding of these 'jurors' are very questionable at times. Jallikattu is a good film. But I'm sure disciple is far more international given Alfonso Cuaron’s involvement. We've missed one more shot at nominations I think.”

Honey Trehan thinks, “It’s a well deserving entry and I personally have been a fan of Lijo’s films. I like the way through Jallikattu talks about many aspects of our society,culture,pathos and specially the greed. Jallikattu is an experience. I’m glad to know that our jury has chosen this film for Oscar entry...much respect.”

Srijit Mukherjee hails the “Brilliant decision." Adds, "The fact that Indian cinema is so much more than Bollywood gets reiterated. And international focus is rightfully back where it belongs.”

Sudhir Mishra says, “Naturally I thought it should have been my own film Serious Men.But now that it's Jalikkattu I say : All the best !”

Karan Anshuman believes “Deserving film. Lijo is an auteur who's earned the accolade. Critical for him to find support in a big studio to campaign for Jallikattu in LA if it's going to have a fighting chance.”

Jalli good: Amul doodle cheers the selection of ‘Jallikatu’ as India’s official Oscar’s entry.

good discourse. the pains taken behind the filming was too much.
    lijo believes it is an advantage that oscar campaign is online this time. hmm...

Lijo's favourites:
    Hollywood film: 2001 A Space Odyssey
    Indian film: Satya
    Hollywood director: Stanley Kubrick
    Indian director: KG George
    Book: The Holy Bible
    Hollywood actor: Bruce Willis
    Indian Actor: Thilakan

Jallikattu earns Satellite Awards nomination

The International Press Academy has announced the nominees in various categories for the 25th Satellite Awards. And director Lijo Jose Pellissery’s Jallikattu is among the nine shortlisted movies in the Motion Picture, International category. The Malayalam action-thriller has been nominated along with Danish film Another Round, Finnish film Tove, Taiwanese drama A Sun, French film Two of Us, Spanish musical drama I’m No Longer Here, Ukrainian dystopian film Atlantis, Swiss drama My Little Sister and Guatemalan supernatural horror La Llorona.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/malayalam/jallikattu-earns-satellite-awards-nomination-7171030/

Jallikettu fails to make it to the Academy shortlist.

INTERNATIONAL FEATURE FILM

Fifteen films will advance to the next round of voting in the International Feature Film category for the 93rd Academy Awards. Films from 93 countries were eligible in the category. Academy members from all branches were invited to participate in the preliminary round of voting and must have met a minimum viewing requirement to be eligible to vote in the category. In the nominations round, Academy members from all branches are invited to opt in to participate and must view all 15 shortlisted films to vote. The films, listed in alphabetical order by country, are: Bosnia and Herzegovina - Quo Vadis, Aida?, Chile - The Mole Agent, Czech Republic - Charlatan, Denmark - Another Round, France - Two of Us, Guatemala - La Llorona, Hong Kong - Better Days, Iran - Sun Children, Ivory Coast - Night of the Kings, Mexico - I’m No Longer Here, Norway - Hope, Romania - Collective, Russia - Dear Comrades!, Taiwan - A Sun, Tunisia - The Man Who Sold His Skin,