Thread: Kayamkulam Kochunni- Felt like Iam watching an Arabian nights tale

Default Kayamkulam Kochunni- Felt like Iam watching an Arabian nights tale

During 60's and 70's we have seen our movies and movies from our neighboring industries which had lots of fantasy adventure movies like what we read in Amar Chitra Katha. Watching after a long time a fairy tale of similar sorts.

We all know that Kochunni is a highwayman who existed during British rule. It is a Robinhood kind of story in against the backdrop of Kerala with lots of fantasy elements. I give 100/100 for the director Roshan Andrews for making an entertainer of this sort.

And special kudos to Ithikara Pakki. Our own Lalettan just nailed it.

Contrary to the opinion that NP is not suitable for this role I beg to differ. He has done well as the thief. Kochunni's character has to be played by an actor who has got more of common man looks rather than macho image

Special praises for Sunny Wayne Babu Antony and specially the Swati Thirunal character . That scene gave me goosebumps.

On the whole the movie is good and it has succeeded in its mission to make an entertainer( We are just expecting a fantasy adventure and not a historical like Pazhassi)

Kure kaalathinu shesham new generation film lag illathe kanda randu padangal aanu- Kochunni and Varathan.

Negatives:- A bit of lag towards the climax but that is only for a very short while

My rating :- 3.25/5

Audi Q cinemas housefull. Looks like is is going to be a superhit to blockbuster

P.S:- Some of the reviewers here have torn the movie apart in a very derogatory way. I can only say that either they dont like mass movies or they are prejudiced.

Thanks to FK for removing a thread which gave a very negative review in a derogatory manner. This movie at least does not deserve this type of a review.
    Last edited by Movie Lover; 10-14-2018 at 10:13 AM.

2. Likes ClubAns, wideeyes, Saathan, hakkimp, renjuus liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanx bro for the review..

5. Likes Movie Lover liked this post

thanks.......

7. Likes Movie Lover liked this post

Thanks...................

please...comparing with Varathan !!!

I give 100/100 for the director Roshan Andrews for making an entertainer of this sort.///////////////////////////////

Wow! i missed this epic statement in the first reading...

Opinions differ. Please respect others opinons too. Ellavarkum oru above average watchable opinion thanne aanu.

Youngsters, family ellam. And dont compare with classics like Pazhassi or Urumi. This movie is meant for entertainment. If you didnt feel entertained I respect even that. But that does not mean the movie as a whole fails in every department.

Roshan Andrews nalla director thanne aanu. Whatever he made during his time has made an impact be it HORU, Mumbai Police, Udayananu Thaaram, Notebook, Schoolbus

Quote Originally Posted by chandru View Post
    please...comparing with Varathan !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chandru View Post
    I give 100/100 for the director Roshan Andrews for making an entertainer of this sort.///////////////////////////////

Wow! i missed this epic statement in the first reading...