Thread: Sarkar Review

Default Sarkar Review

Theatre : Palakkad Aroma

Showtime : 11 AM

One Of The Most Expected Films Of The Year Featuring One Of The Deadliest Combo's Vijay - A R Murugadoss Team Returns After A Gap Of 4 Years Post Two Big Blockbusters Thuppakki And Kaththi...Vijay's Film Release Is Like A Festival.. Its A Celebration Which One Should Witness Atleast Once In Theatres.. As Usual Big Hype Was There With This Film Too Like Every Other Vijay Film With Record Number Of Screens And Showcounts All Around The World. Plus This One Comes After Mersal Which Was Huge Blockbuster So Expectations Were Also Damn High This Time..

Now Over To The Film.. The Story Is About Sundar Ramasamy, CEO Of GL Who Is Considered As A Corporate Criminal By All, Comes To India To Cast His Vote But Founds Out That His Vote Has Been Casted By Someone Else... The Rest Of The Story Is How Sundar Finds Out The Persons Behind This And Decides To Fight Against The Government By Contesting In The Election..

Coming From Murugadoss, This Basic Plotline Will Give U High Hopes Cause He Is One Director Who Can Just Create An Absolute Kickass Film From This Plotline.. But Sadly Murugadoss Misses This Time By A Huge Margin.. If U Compare It With Thupakki And Kaththi This One Will Be A Huge Dissapointment. The Main Negative I Would Say Abt This Script Is Lack Of Entertainment Values And Wow Moments Something Which Both His Previous Films With Vijay Had. Its A Plain Script With Heavy Dose Of Political Dialogues And Real Life Incidences But Not At All Entertaining. Before Release, Murugadoss Had Been Accused Of Plagiarism But He Dismissed This But After Watching The Film Am Sure That Murugadoss Was Lying.. The Trademark Murugadoss Scenes And Situations Are Missing Big Time Here, Like Coin Fight In Kaththi or 12 Men Shootout Scene In Thupakki.. Nothing Like That Is Here. Some Intresting Scenes Are There Too But Its Not Clapworthy Moment.. Fans Will Be Dissapointed With This One For Sure.

Now Coming To Performances The Show Stealer Is Undoubtedly Vijay. Whatey Screen Presence.. Right From The Intro To The Climax He Is The Only Saving Grace Of The Film Though Some Of His Scenes And In The Climax Looked Unconvincing.. Be It Dance Or Fights His Energy And Swag Is Just Lit.. Looks Wise He Is In His Best In Sarkar.

Keerthy Suresh Had Little Role Playing The Love Intrest Of Hero..Which She Did Well.. Radha Ravi And The Guy Who Played The Roles Of Chief Minister Were Unconvincing. Varalakshmi Was The Next Big Performer After Vijay. She Did Her Role Perfectly And It Was After Her Entry In The Second Half That I Really Started Liking The Movie. Felt Her Character Could Have Been Given Much More Screen Presence And If That Was Done The Movie Could Have Been Much Better.

Music By AR Rahman Was Letdown. Apart From Oru Viral Puratchi And Simtaangaran None Of Them Were Good. BGM Too Was Pretty Average. DOP By Girish Gangadharan Was Good. Stunts By Ram Lakshman Duo Was Superb Though For Persons Who Are Not Used To Seeing Their Fight Scenes Will Find It Over The Top. Editing Could Have Been Better Specially In Second Half.

Positives :

Vijay's Performance

Some Political Dialogues And Real Life Scenes

Stunts

Negatives :

Lack Of Entertainment Values And Mass Scenes

Weak Script

Weak Villains

Songs

Over Preatchy

Overall Sarkar Is A Dissapointment For Me.. Its Not An Utter Crap But This Kind Of Flick Is Not Expected From This Combo..Its Watchable But Didnt Satisy Me.. Might Work In TN Due To Nativity Factor. And Current Political Situation There. For Fans This One Is Not Recommended. Eagerly Waiting For Next Vijay Flick..

Rating : 2.25/5

Sent from my LLD-AL10 using Tapatalk

2. Likes Malik, Perumthachan, renjuus, Saathan, ballu liked this post

over expectation

thanks............

Quote Originally Posted by Saathan View Post
    over expectation

thanks............
    nalla hopes undayrnu padathil... 😑

Sent from my LLD-AL10 using Tapatalk

Thanks bro

Thanks for the Review.........