Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ODIYAN REVIEW - A Don David Write Up

Banned

Default ODIYAN REVIEW - A Don David Write Up

Well ,after a long waiting of one and an half year ,the most hyped movie of the decade is on big screen and without any further thoughts arranged tickets for the very early morning show .The expectation and the excitement was a bit quite peak level because the title itself (ODIYAN) feels curious being a myth .Aashirwad cinemas production makes another hope .And finally the actor Mohanlal ,our own Lalettan as lead ,as Odiyan Manikyan doubled the curiosity and excitement .Heard many stories on Odiyan from my grand mothers and i was doubtfull on odiyan at the same time wonders with fear .Expecting Seeing these related things curiosity improved towards the release date ....!!! Despite of undefined rumours and controversies Directer VA Sreekumar is vey much confident on his product and how he utilised his advertising strategies to promote his brand is appreciable and much applaudable .Teaser and trailer were average for me but the music was good with beautiful melodies from M. Jayachandran .These all things brings me to watch must at the earliest as i can .

PLOT- After many years ,Odiyan Manikyan comes back to Thenkurishi ..Manikyan has past which has many controversies and all those where told in a non linear pattern through different characters of the present .And the whole plot is revolves around Prabha,Meenutty,Ravi and Odiyan and ofcourse Ravunni .

Genre -Fantasy Action Drama

First Half

Movie starts from Varanasi where the odiyan manikyan rises and he backs to Thenkurishi .A couple of good scenes and narration by Megastar Mammootty .From there movie goes plain and flat his past and present explaining his relations with Grand father and all. Ego for Ravunni is also major part which grows through out .And the first action comes out good but it doesnt makes much .Even there are couple of scenes which can make more powerfull but falls unimpact. The movie ends with a turn for the first half but we could predict as the movie grows.

Second Half

Started with more of emotions which makes an impact followed by a song ,well framed. The movie grows then to some contradictions . A guest appearance by Antony got some aplause then.Yet another turn backs up the movie and the movie is gone predictable till end.Actions were also good but here thats not the main attraction here .

Climax

Too predictable twists comes here and moves to the portions of climax (Odiyan vs Suspense).Okeyish one and ends neatly .And Odiyan gains his revenge .And directer moves for long with Kondoraam song which is not necessary .

Technical Department - Shaji Kumar DOP is topnotch with good art work by the art directer .BGM of Sam is good while music by m Jayachandran is excellent .Good shots and some fresh frames is also a positive for this film ..Graphics done is okeyish .

An okeyish writing by Harikrishnan ,he lost his flow of smoothness and deepness.And Non linear Direction from VA Sreekumar flats down .Unnecessary scenes makes bore sometimes. He couldnt bring the depthness for the characters Odiyan and Ravunni and he couldnt bring both mass or class in balance .Some of the emotions worked out but not enough to make it perfect.

Performance- Manju and Sana is performed good sometime very much good while prakash raj is stunning as Antogonist.Kailash is good and Narain has nothing more to perform.While others supported well.Laletten is excellent especially in emotional scenes as usual but nothing Extra Ordinary.

Summary - Odiyan has a flawless direction with more of emotions and a paceless presentation and halfbaked with mass and class.A strictly Average Product.

Rating - 2.5/5

Verdict-Megahit for its hype created before release .

Theatre- Kairali Cinemas
    Screen -Extreme
    Place -Manjeri
    Status-HF
    Response-Electrifying atmosphere from the start but it was silent when it ends .
    Showtime -4 AM
    Date-14/12/2018

Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Don David; 12-14-2018 at 08:33 AM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Exactly wat i got before..
    Thnx bhai..

Thank for the review

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks ...ഡോൺ

Thanks bai

Kochunni level pokumo in BO..doubt Aan..Kure padangal lineup Ind...average product collect cheythaal oru impact illaaaa...enthayalum pulimurugan record pottikaan I think still we need to wait unless there is no thallal from Antony

Thanks Don!
    Let The Carnage Begin

thanks Don!!!

Innu book cheyyannu vijarichatha.ini vendaaa.. backi online medias il okke van thallanu..

Thanks Don