Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vrittham - Sunny Wayne Durga Krishna in Gautami Nair directorial

Nimisha Aparna etc with the same kind of experience has handled more mature roles

Quote Originally Posted by dexterbro View Post
    From the poster looks like it will be based on Sunny's character, don't think Durga Krishna has the experience to shoulder a movie on her own..

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

That is correct. Anjali Menon, Farah Khan kind of films are not the female oriented cliches. Latest being Geethu Mohandas for Moothon. Even that would not be a typical heroine oriented cliche.

I see a spark in Gautami Nair. Interviews okke kandittundu. Very well read and intelligent.

More than an actress I think she will go places as a director.

I was just replying to someones comment whether Sunny Wayne would be able to carry a solo hero film on his shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by ballu View Post
    That would be such a cliche.
    Rather than making a female centric film they should try to add their perspective as a women on the subject.
    Anjali menon films are not heroine centric but we can definitely see a fresh perspective....
    Farah khan , saala kadoos director ..evarude cinemakal oru typical female director setup alla...

Second Show taught me what I was capable of and opened the doors: Gauthami Nair

February 3, 2021, marks nine years since Srinath Rajendran’s directorial Second Show, that introduced Dulquer Salmaan, Sunny Wayne and Gauthami Nair, hit screens. All of them went on to become popular names and looking back at the project today, actress Gauthami Nair says what she remembers the best is, “I was totally clueless. I was just about 19 or 20, had absolutely no idea about films and was observing everything happening around me, wide-eyed.”
    Gauthami, who married Srinath in 2017 and has also started work on her debut directorial two years ago, recalls, “I used to like watching movies, and went for this film’s audition and got it. But back then, I only realised on the sets that I was capable of whatever I was doing. It was like a prospectus for us for a lot of other new openings that would eventually happen.”

The actress has often spoken about how she hadn’t met Dulquer before Second Show but apparently, she didn’t even know that Mammootty had a son. The artiste says, “I had no clue such a person existed. I didn’t know he was the hero while I was giving the audition either, though we had heard this was a possibility.” After she was confirmed, Gauthami remembers being called by the pre-production team to click a few photos. “They made Dulquer and me stand together for the photos. Even then, he didn’t exactly talk to me, he was more in conversation with my mother. It was only during our first shot for the film that we had a normal conversation,” she says, with a smile.

It was the year 2012 and selfie cameras weren’t popular enough, but Gauthami remembers clicking a lot of pictures with Sunny and others on the set. “We look hilarious in those sets of photos and so they can’t be shared (laughs). We just used to capture random things on the set but now, at times, we send these photos to each other for fun, exclaiming ‘Oh my, this is what we did back then!” she reveals.

Gauthami’s debut directorial Vritham, which has Sunny in the lead, has been in the making for a while. Do they talk about how far they have come in the industry? “Well, that conversation hasn’t happened yet,” Gauthami says with a laugh, revealing that she has very little left to do to bring out Vritham. “We had briefly stopped due to some production issues. But then if everything goes well, we can bring it out soon and I hope we can announce the good news in a while,” she says.

Incidentally, Gauthami, who is also a researcher, is also planning her comeback as an actress. “I have been looking for good scripts. Fingers crossed, a movie featuring me should be announced soon,” she says.

സത്യത്തിൽ വലിയ പ്രതീക്ഷയോടെ തുടങ്ങിയൊരു പ്രോജക്ടായിരുന്നു ‘വൃത്തം’ എന്ന ചിത്രത്തിന്റേത്. എന്നാൽ, നിർമാതാവുമായുള്ള ചില പ്രശ്നങ്ങൾ കാരണം ഇപ്പോൾ ചിത്രീകരണം നിർത്തി വച്ചിരിക്കുകയാണ്. ഇപ്പോഴും തർക്കം തുടരുകയാണ്. മറ്റു നിർമാതാക്കൾ ഏറ്റെടുക്കാൻ ശ്രമിച്ചെങ്കിലും അതും ഇതു വരെ നടന്നില്ല. അതു കൊണ്ടു സംവിധാന മോഹം തൽക്കാലം മാറ്റിവച്ചിരിക്കുകയാണ്. ഉടൻ എല്ലാം കലങ്ങി തെളിയുമെന്നാണു പ്രതീക്ഷ.

-
    ഗൗതമി നായർ