Thread: Pournami Superum Vijayum - Review

Default Pournami Superum Vijayum - Review

In his third outing, Jis Joy strives for nothing original and has retained all the regular elements of a rom-com. Yet he manages to carve a decently engaging film that has some genuinely funny moments. I am not sure whether it has been entirely borrowed from the original, but there are quite a few laughs to be had here. The ?Pennukanal? sequence where the parents of both bride and groom run out of subjects, is one such. Not so surprisingly, it is the subtle humor rather than the broad ones (featuring Vijay?s two useless friends and Aju Varghese?s character) that make more impact.

The second half works better, because Jis Joy also gives us an insight into the mind of his characters and makes the viewers spend more time with them. The episode where Vijay struggles to meet the deadline of an important assignment and the scene with Pournami that follows, connects well and adds depth to the film, which though entertaining was lacking in substance till then.

Aishwarya Lekshmi emerges as the best thing about the film (a slight tweak in the title would not have been a bad idea) , though you have to wait till the second half to get the real feel of her performance. The titular role hardly offers anything challenging for Asif, but at this point in time, he would relish the prospects of having a box office success under his kitty.

The only real issue with the film is that apart from being a remake, it is completely devoid of texture or authenticity. Everything looks too neat and overtly glossy in Jis Joy?s universe. But the honesty in the performances and the crisp editing helps.

I liked the actor who essayed the role of the antagonist. There is an artificiality in his demeanour but it somehow complements the character he plays.

Vijay Super has been decently packaged and feels like a movie of today. If harmless entertainment is all you?re seeking, then Vijay Super will make the cut for those who have not watched the original.

2. Likes ClubAns, VinuVerma, ballu liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts
    Banned

Thankzz....

Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk

5. Likes bhat liked this post
    Banned

BTW thread title ippoya shredhichey.... Athu pwolichu ..actually athu angane thanne aanu !!

7. Likes bhat liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Don David View Post
    BTW thread title ippoya shredhichey.... Athu pwolichu ..actually athu angane thanne aanu !!

Thanks Bhai...