Thread: 9 Nine (Review) - a really daring attempt

PVR,Goregaon
    5:25PM
    6 people

Firstly hats off to the makers for trying out something like this in Malayalam and that too in such a huge scale. But the execution part of it ......

First half took too much time for the setup. There were too many long drawn out sequences that just went on and on in the first half. Spiti lekku shift aavumbol aanu padam pick up avunne. (IMO),contrary to most of the reviews I liked the 2nd Half better.. But Ezra and Adam Joann il okke ulla prashnangal ithilum und... Climax okke aavumbolekum veruthe oru kunju fight okke .. There are a lot of unwanted scenes in the film. A love song okke really unnecessary aayitaanu thonniyathu.

Jenuse nte writing ne kaatum I liked his direction. Some sequences are really nicely done. Climax twist and tail end really worked for me..(Always been a fan of open endings).. Also he has genuinely dabbled with multiple genres here. There is Sci-Fi,Horror and last avumbolekkum it becomes a psychological thriller. Even though he wasn't able to tie it up very neatly at the end, it is a good attempt.

Performances il really liked what Wamiqa did with her role. Dubbing ishtamaayila ...... Prithvi okay okay performance. Was his usual dramatised self(eh eh returns here). Cinematography.... the film is visually appealing no doubts about it, but I felt they were trying too hard to show that there is some great cinematography happening here.. Kore gimmicky shots with complicated movements, and unusual angles okke und which wasn't demanded from the scene I felt. BGM by Sekhar Menon was top class .

Overall a really daring attempt from Jenuse,Prithvi and team. Watch it from theaters for that even though it has faltered quite a bit in it's execution.

3/5
    Last edited by K K R; 02-09-2019 at 12:17 AM.
    തോണി നിറഞ്ഞ് പ്രാണൻ കവിഞ്ഞ്
    ഈണമായ് നമ്മിൽ.... മെല്ലേ...മായാനദി...

2. Likes ballu, ClubAns, Saathan liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks KKR

Thanks K K R ..........

Thanks man... Kumbalangi kndille

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks................