Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nine - An immensely promising film falling short

Default Nine - An immensely promising film falling short

Watched the movie ...I completely agree with Lensman's review of the movie....Padam Kandu kazhinjittu njan adyam vaayicha review lensman'nte aanu...

First of all the positives

Making style of the movie is excellent. Graphics okke valare kurache ullenkilum ullathu is very convincing. Visuals of Manali is superb ...BGM is excellent.. cinematography 👌👌

Athu pole thanne climax scenes kazhinjittulla scenes oru multi level interpretation Ulla chance open cheyyunnundu..which is good and not seen in Malayalam movies.

Now the negatives

Cinema release aavunnathinu mumbu ithinte sci fi element aayirunnu main attraction..pakshe ee sci fi element cinemayude story'ye oru tharathilum badhikunilla...badhikumennu kaanikunna reason aanel ottum convincing alla...

Secondly ithil horror elements undennu parayunnathum not really good. Cinema kandu horror elements istapettavar parayum ithu Malayalam cinemayilum kaanunna sthiram horror cliche illathathu kondanu enikku angane thonniyathu ennu...Absolutely no..situational horror cliche horror'nekalum kooduthal enjoy cheyyunna oru aalanu njan...pakshe ee cinemayil aa oru mood create cheyyan sadhichittilla with respect to horror elements..

Last'l oru psychological element ullathu valare forced aayi pettennu Vanna pole thonni...no convincing back story to support this element..

Prithvi raj'nte oru valya fan aanu njan .but now even I feel that his acting is bordering on a dramatic level in every scene even when it's not needed...Adam Joan'lum Ezrayilum Ranam movie'lum the situation might have demanded that....pakshe ivide valare forced aayi thonni....natural reactions alla pala scene'lum..

Waqqama Gabi did good justice to her role which is a crucial one in the movie storyline.

Prithivraj'nte makanayi act cheyunna payyan was good..Guest actors such as Prakshraj and Mamta did good with their respective roles.

But due credit need to go to Jenuse Muhammed👏👏👏

He showed the guts to bring and juggle several contrasting elements and to make in a constant flow..100% percent succeed aayillelum we need more directors to think like this and execute such films albiet with a more strong script....Jenuse is definitely a director to watch out for in the future...👍👍

Overall a strictly one time but must watch movie in theatre....

2.5/5 Rating

For me Ezra was 10 times better than Nine..athile aa Jewish element okke added to the movie immensely..

Oru karyam koodi ...ee movie okke kandu irangumbol you will feel blessed to have an industry that gave us films like Manichitrathazhu and Yodha and that too 20 years back...
    Last edited by Rijotjose; 02-07-2019 at 08:51 PM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Oru Karyam koodi paranjotte...njan sthiram cliche movies mathram ishtapedunna oral alla...ingane attempts undavanamennum athu nalla reethiyil varanamennum othiri aagrahikunna oru normal cinema fan aanu..

Just that this movie did not work according to me....iniyum inganathe attempts theatre'l poyi thanne kaanukayum pattuvanel fdfs thanne kaanukayum cheyyum..

And I am still proud of Prithvi who takes genuine effort and the challenge to move Malayalam Cinema ahead ....

4. Likes mallusp liked this post

Thanks machaa

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G615F using Tapatalk

Thanks bhai.......

Thanks Bhai. Even I love situational horror than cliche horror. But sadly we have very few movies which have situational horror

FK Regular

Thanks Bhai... There is a nice flow in your writing.. Thank you for the review

Quote Originally Posted by VinuVerma View Post
    Thanks Bhai... There is a nice flow in your writing.. Thank you for the review
    Thanks Bhai for the lovely comment

Thanks Rijotjose for the Review..........