Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LAL SINGH CHADDHA◄║╝Aamir Khan ■ Advait Chandan ★╝POSITIVE REVIEWS ALL OVER★╝

Search
    Not Mahabharata, Aamir Khan to star in Forrest Gump remake
    The Bollywood superstar will star in the remake of Hollywood film Forrest Gump (1994), reprising Tom Hank's title role.
    By : Shweta Parande Mar 8, 2019 14:47 IST

Aamir Khan, Rubaru Roshni
    Aamir Khan at Rubaru Roshni screeningPR handout
    Even as there is news that Aamir Khan's ambitious Mahabharata project may have been shelved, there is fresh buzz that the Bollywood superstar will star in the remake of Hollywood film Forrest Gump (1994), reprising Tom Hank's title role. The film had won six Academy Awards.

The rumours of the Forrest Gump remake in Bollywood have been doing the rounds since the middle of 2018, even before Aamir Khan's last film Thugs of Hindostan released. Now, it has been confirmed by Filmfare that Aamir Khan has signed a deal with Paramount Pictures for the Oscar Award-winning movie's rights.

The actor may make an official announcement about the film soon, maybe ahead of his birthday on March 14.

Forrest Gump is based on Winston Groom's 1986 novel of the same name. The film won the Academy Award for Best Picture, Best Actor in a Leading Role, Best Director, Best Visual Effects, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Film Editing

MAMMOOTTY AKKI VIJAY PRABHAS YASH

Finally Aamir Khan has Announced his Next Movie Today In a Press Meet Titled #LaalSinghChadha, Which is an official Remake of #TomHank's Epic Classic #ForestGump (1994) | The Film Will be directed by #AdvaitChandan, produced by Viacom18 & Will Rlease in!

The film will be directed by “Secret Superstar” helmer Advait Chandan.

Actor Aamir Khan on Thursday announced that his next project is an official adaptation of Tom Hanks’ classic ‘Forrest Gump’. Aamir shared the news on the occasion of his 54th birthday that the Hindi adaptation will be titled “Lal Singh Chaddha”, which he will co-produce with Viacom18 Motion Pictures.

The film will be directed by “Secret Superstar” helmer Advait Chandan.

“My next film is finalised it is called ‘Lal Singh Chaddha’ It is being made by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Aamir Khan Productions together. It will be directed by Advait Chandan. It is an adaptation of Hollywood film ‘Forrest Gump’,” he said.

“We have bought the rights from Paramount... I am playing the lead role of Lal Singh,” Aamir told reporters here.

‘Forrest Gump,’ directed by Robert Zemeckis, released in 1994 and went on to win six Oscars, including best picture, best director and best actor for Hanks.

The film, based on Winston Groom’s 1986 novel of the same name, follows Forrest Gump, a dim-witted man from Alabama, who witnesses and unwittingly influences several historical events in 20th century USA.

The actor said the makers are yet to lock the cast for the film.

“We have started the prep work on the film. The shoot will start from October. I will be prepping for six months. I have to lose weight. I will be losing 20 kgs. I have to be lean and slim,” he added.

The makers of the film have not yet decided the release date for the film but are planning a 2020 outing.

“I have always loved ‘Forrest Gump’ as a script. It is a wonderful story about this character. It is a life affirming story. It is a feel good film. It is a film for the whole family,” Aamir said.

The actor also revealed he would be sporting a turban “for some part of the film”. Aamir was last seen in Yash Raj Films’ ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ alongside actors Amitabh Bachchan, Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Shaikh.

funny that salman khan's bharat might also be somewhat on the same track...
    anyways not much impressed by the title... forrest gump is a gem of a movie...
    considering chaddha might be a punjabi character, partition muthal pakistan war cover cheythu amritsar golden temple vare aarikkum...

movie is being written by actor atul kulkarni... this will be his first writing venture....

This is one of my most favourite films of all time..very curious to see how they will rewrite the script to suite indian sensibility..i m sure bubba's character will be either dalit or a muslim..Vietnam war will be indo pak war,Indira Gandhi in John F Kennedy place ..cricket instead of football ��
    I steal from every movie ever made.
    Quentin Tarantino

taran adarsh ✔@taran_adarsh

Mark the date... Aamir Khan's new film #LaalSinghChaddha to release on #Christmas 2020...
    Stars Aamir in title role... Directed by Advait Chandan... Written by Atul Kulkarni...

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    Christmas season is always Aamir's favourite... All the best..

Kareena Kapoor Khan to come on board for Aamir Khan's Lal Singh Chaddha?

On his birthday this year, Aamir had announced his next film which was an official adaptation of Tom Hanks’ film, Forrest Gump. Aamir titled the film, Lal Singh Chaddha. Amidst this, the buzz is doing rounds that Kareena Kapoor Khan might be seen with Aamir in Lal Singh Chaddha. As per a report in Mid-Day, Kareena, who is in London shooting for Angrezi Medium, will come back to India to shoot her dance reality show and then decide whether or not she will take up Lal Singh Chaddha. As per the report, if Kareena comes on board, she will be seen playing Aamir’s love interest in the film.

“The chemistry between the characters must be effortless. Aamir wants Kareena to play the part. She is in London till August, shooting for Angrezi Medium. She will make a pit stop in Mumbai next month for her TV commitments. The final call on the casting will be taken then.” Kareena and Aamir have done many films together including 3 Idiots and Talaash. Now, it will be interesting to see if Bebo takes on Lal Singh Chaddha as well. The film is being helmed by Advait Chandan and will start rolling by October.