Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LUCIFER - My Review

Default LUCIFER - My Review

Watched it from Movie Max theatre, Kasargod @7 am. Drove all the way from Mangalore to watch the movie FDFS.

പ്രതീക്ഷയുടെ അമിത ഭാരം പേറി തന്നെയാണ് പോയത്, പ്രേത്യേകിച്ചു വളരെ നാളുകൾക്കു ശേഷം ഒരു multistar സിനിമ എന്നത് കൊണ്ട് തന്നെ.

Occupancy was poor for an FDFS, hardly 60-70% was full, but then Kasargod centre has always stayed the same way.

Now, coming to the movie...

Two words : MASS & STYLISH

Starting from the unfussy titles, they set up the political plot very nicely. Lalettan's entry is after almost 20 minutes into the movie, but is simple & apt for the situation. Each character has been introduced very well. Indrajith's small role was done well. Baiju's jokes came out very well, especially his Trivandrum slang added to the humour. The two female characters with strong screen presence was Manju & Sania. Sania has improved from Queen while Manju bagged an emotionally-deep character & has delivered well. Vivek Oberoi has done a wonderful job, and I personally loved his dubbing (voice rendered by Vineeth), it felt perfect for the sly villain's role. One of the biggest positives for the film is Deepak Dev's zestful BGM. It has added so much to the mass feeling inside the theater and even diluted some portions which could have turned out to be boring, without the racy BGM. Sujith's camerawork is brilliant.

Tovino is superb in his role, but I wish Prithviraj shouldnt have revealed his own character before the release of the movie. Since the 27th character poster was out, we were more or less expecting Prithvi's appearance even though it came only in the 2nd half. And what do I tell about Mohanlal himself, what an absolute treat...Just go & watch his show yourself!

Action is well choreographed with precise slo-mo and is pretty good to watch, especially the one in the first half. Murali Gopi's dialogues are crisp and has definite political undertones at various situations, but some of his mass dialogues for Lalettan is just a treat for his fans. That said, the story line is nothing extraordinary or unseen before at all. The story is very simple and put forward very straight - a revenge thriller with politics at the centre point. Climax was fitting, but the dance bar sequence along with Prithvi's extended appearance was uncalled for. For me, LUCIFER is Prithviraj's PETTA.. A fanboy's salute to the legend in the form of a movie.

My Rating is a clear 4/5.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cinemasnehi123; 03-28-2019 at 01:49 PM.

2. Likes Chilanka, VinuVerma, mallusp liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks bhai for the review !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rijotjose View Post
    Thanks bhai for the review !!
    🙂🙂👍👍

Thanks Bhai...

Sent from my LLD-AL10 using Tapatalk

Thanks .......
    MEGASTAR MAMMOOKKA THE FACE OF INDIAN CINEMA 😎😍

Thanks for the review

Quote Originally Posted by Akhil krishnan View Post
    Thanks Bhai...

Sent from my LLD-AL10 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by yathra View Post
    Thanks .......
    Quote Originally Posted by mallusp View Post
    Thanks for the review
    🙂🙂👍👍

i'm living in varkala, tvm, kerala, india

Quote Originally Posted by Cinemasnehi123 View Post
    Watched it from Movie Max theatre, Kasargod @7 am. Drove all the way from Mangalore to watch the movie FDFS.

പ്രതീക്ഷയുടെ അമിത ഭാരം പേറി തന്നെയാണ് പോയത്, പ്രേത്യേകിച്ചു വളരെ നാളുകൾക്കു ശേഷം ഒരു multistar സിനിമ എന്നത് കൊണ്ട് തന്നെ.

Occupancy was poor for an FDFS, hardly 60-70% was full, but then Kasargod centre has always stayed the same way.

Now, coming to the movie...

Two words : MASS & STYLISH

Starting from the unfussy titles, they set up the political plot very nicely. Lalettan's entry is after almost 20 minutes into the movie, but is simple & apt for the situation. Each character has been introduced very well. Indrajith's small role was done well. Baiju's jokes came out very well, especially his Trivandrum slang added to the humour. The two female characters with strong screen presence was Manju & Sania. Sania has improved from Queen while Manju bagged an emotionally-deep character & has delivered well. Vivek Oberoi has done a wonderful job, and I personally loved his dubbing (voice rendered by Vineeth), it felt perfect for the sly villain's role. One of the biggest positives for the film is Deepak Dev's zestful BGM. It has added so much to the mass feeling inside the theater and even diluted some portions which could have turned out to be boring, without the racy BGM. Sujith's camerawork is brilliant.

Tovino is superb in his role, but I wish Prithviraj shouldnt have revealed his own character before the release of the movie. Since the 27th character poster was out, we were more or less expecting Prithvi's appearance even though it came only in the 2nd half. And what do I tell about Mohanlal himself, what an absolute treat...Just go & watch his show yourself!

Action is well choreographed with precise slo-mo and is pretty good to watch, especially the one in the first half. Murali Gopi's dialogues are crisp and has definite political undertones at various situations, but some of his mass dialogues for Lalettan is just a treat for his fans. That said, the story line is nothing extraordinary or unseen before at all. The story is very simple and put forward very straight - a revenge thriller with politics at the centre point. Climax was fitting, but the dance bar sequence along with Prithvi's extended appearance was uncalled for. For me, LUCIFER is Prithviraj's PETTA.. A fanboy's salute to the legend in the form of a movie.

My Rating is a clear 4/5.

#L #Love #Lalettan #LUCIFER

FK Regular

Thanks a lot bhai for your review....

Quote Originally Posted by VinuVerma View Post
    Thanks a lot bhai for your review....
    🙂👍