Thread: Kalank- A boring tedious period saga of extra marital affairs during partition

Default Kalank- A boring tedious period saga of extra marital affairs during partition

Q cinemas

60% full which is good status on a working day

It is the story of three main protagonists Dev(Aditya) , Zafar( Varun Dhawan) and Roop(Alia Bhatt) . Dev's wife Sathya( Sonakshi) dying of cancer wants her husband to remarry after her death and she finds the ideal bride in Roop. What happens after that forms a part of the story. And there are senior artists like Sanjay and Madhuri to support them.

Now the problem here is that the story is completely unbelievable and there is too much of philosophy , preaching and the story writer, director everyone seems to be confused thereby unnecessarily dragging the movie.

Only positives are superb performances by Madhuri and Sanjay for whom age is just a number. Then there is Varun and Alia. Sonakshi and Aditya has very uninteresting roles but which they have performed to the best of their abilities.

Positives:- Madhuri, Sanjay Dutt, Varun , Alia and Kunal Khemu

Negatives:- Lots and lots. I will have to write an essay

Rating :- 2/5. 2 only for the performances of cast.

2. Likes Tigerbasskool, VinuVerma, OxY liked this post

thanks.. the story i told was much better than this..,, karan is not done with extra martial yet..

4. Likes Movie Lover liked this post

Somehow everyone seems to be totally confused. Whether extra marital is right or wrong? Everyone goes on preaching philosophies and goes to do exactly opposite of what they preach.

Among them are Aditya and Sonakshi who are saints and extra clean with no kalank

Quote Originally Posted by OxY View Post
    thanks.. the story i told was much better than this..,, karan is not done with extra martial yet..

6. Likes OxY liked this post

I've always found Alia Bhatt to be quite over-rated. Inganathe roles onnum she's not suitable

Actors are all ok. She was good in Raazi too

But the screenplay and direction are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by dexterbro View Post
    I've always found Alia Bhatt to be quite over-rated. Inganathe roles onnum she's not suitable

9. Likes dexterbro liked this post

i guess the script itself is in the downside..praises for the actors..

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
    Actors are all ok. She was good in Raazi too

But the screenplay and direction are weak.

11. Likes Movie Lover liked this post