Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: ♛⚽️ 2019/20 Premier League ⚽️♛ : Liverpool are Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Manchester City players told not to use social media over VAR frustrations

Pep Guardiola revealed he instructed his Manchester City players to refrain from sharing their frustrations about VAR decisions on social media after their 3-1 defeat to Liverpool.

The defending champions, now fourth in the standings, are nine points behind Jurgen Klopp's league leaders after Sunday's loss at Anfield, which had several contentious moments.
    Guardiola refused to comment on any of the incidents, repeating: "Please ask the referees and the bosses, please don't ask to me. Ask to Mike Riley, and the guys in the VAR."

However, he did say he told his players: "Heads up, guys. Do not to use the social media to say your thoughts on some departments. Talk about how good the football was."
    Guardiola also insisted his exaggerated handshake post-match with the officiating team, lead by referee Michael Oliver, was not sarcastic.

"No, I was not sarcastic," he said. "It was 'thank you very much.' All the time when I speak to referees and my colleagues I say 'thank you and good luck.'"

It was sarcastic
    Also, he said something more than a iruthii "thank you very much"

Actually the score would have been 2-1 city, fabinho goal will be chalked off and city will be awarded a penalty, Salah goal was offside, so either 1-1 or 2-1, if city misses the penalty..

Fabinho has been excellent ..lavanum click aayi
    Liverpool players did their level best to stop Raheem Sterling from scoring

So opposition players handball is not considered hand ball infront of goal? Salah goal offside lolz.. Manjapitham kannu and manja all...

Raheem Sterling AXED by Gareth Southgate after trying to grab Joe Gomez by the neck in England canteen - just a day after pair clashed during Liverpool's win over Manchester City

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/previe...7109015646.mp4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Raheem Sterling AXED by Gareth Southgate after trying to grab Joe Gomez by the neck in England canteen - just a day after pair clashed during Liverpool's win over Manchester City

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/previe...7109015646.mp4
    GARETH has handled being England manager brilliantly - up to this point.

He has conducted himself in a admirable, eloquent & engaging way. Helping to make a Nation feel like they can have some sort of confidence & respect for the national team.
    However, I feel this incident could have been handled better.

Keep it behind closed doors & deal with it internally surely?! Come International Week, it?s meet up time between Sterling & Gomez... Raheem Sterling was still upset with Gomez about the result on Sunday & their little pushing/words said during the #lfc vs #mcfc game.

So he has obviously gone into the England camp heated & gone for Gomez, in doing so grabbed Gomez by the throat. Obviously as a manager I?m sure having a harmonious squad is the best scenario - handshakes and hugs on sight not confrontations. But let?s be honest now this kind of stuff isn?t uncommon in squads full of testosterone.

In the various squads I have been a part of I have seen players get punched in the face, ribs broken, nose busted, head kicked like a football.....a throat grab was the equivalent of the intricate handshake embraces that are all too familiar today!

The main question is: Why this couldn?t be handled internally?

I suppose the management have felt it would be better to nip it in the bud prior to the press, agents, family friends leaking the news. However, the worst case on this instance would have been someone asking in a press conference ?what happened between Raheem & Gomez, we heard there was a fight?. Easy answer & we have a game to concentrate on. Incident done and dusted. No player looks any worse, we move on.

Now Raheem is left to defend himself from all of the haters that had had their keyboards turnt off due to him becoming a very worthy ambassador for the English game, and rightly so.

If this was a terrible incident then I would be all for public shaming & discipline. But for this ?throat grab? that we are TOLD it?s for I can?t understand it.

Gareth would no doubt had seen worse many times during his time as a player and manager.
    I just feel this could and should have been handled better to support the player & not hang him out to dry.

One of our World Class players who has conducted himself wonderfully through Racism and unwarranted criticism in an England shirt will now come under more scrutiny and be vilified in the media no doubt - when this could have been dealt with internally. Hindsight is a great thing though.

It seems to me, Raheem felt embarrassed by all that went on at the weekend.... a sign of winning mentality..... however channeled wrongly. Help educate him!

RF

Thoughts?

-Rio Ferdinand

Should have settled internally , ithilum valiya ethreyo issues dressing room il undaavaarundallo ....but the thing is this was leaked to public and Gareth forced to take action despite Raheem Sterling's apology

Bernardo Silva has been banned for one match and fined ?50,000 following a controversial social media post regarding Manchester City teammate Benjamin Mendy.

Joe Gomez trains with a huge scar across his face two days after canteen clash with England team-mate Raheem Sterling, as the pair train together despite the Man City forward being axed by Gareth Southgate

Just watched an interview with Ryan Giggs available on Hotstar. He is one of the most genuine players ever. So very real and honest. I can't believe am starting to connect some of Fergie's best against Klopp's current crop. Klopp or his players can never win 13 titles like Giggs did but the winning attitude remains strikingly familiar.
    Last edited by Karikamuri Shanmugan; 11-16-2019 at 02:14 AM.
    away beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there