Page 56 of 91 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: ♛⚽️ 2019/20 Premier League ⚽️♛ : Liverpool are Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Ellaam sammathichu
    Can you mention any club bought an average player from a mid table club for 75m ?
    Yes...Man Utd..Harry Maguire from Leicester..80 million.
    away beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there

Rotherdam promotion kittumo ennariyila but dortmund couldn't even qualify for champions league in Klopp's final season...

Quote Originally Posted by Karikamuri Shanmugan View Post
    Yes...Man Utd..Harry Maguire from Leicester..80 million.
    That's after VVD and in 2019 when the market was again inflated , transfer fees in general became out of control after Neymar's departure to PSG for 200m in Aug 2017
    VVD in Jan 2017 , anyone before that ?
    You have to defend VVD that he was just an average player before coming to Liverpool

"We built a new stadium but we never found our soul -- we left our soul at Highbury," Wenger

"[Anfield] is the best stadium in England," Wenger said. "It's simple because the people are so close to the pitch. People really love football in every family, they are football connoisseurs.

"I've been in positions there where I've been leading 5-1 with five minutes to go and they were chanting 'You'll Never Walk Alone.' It's one of the few cities, maybe the only city in the world where you find that.

"I moved from Highbury [with Arsenal], it was a bit similar to Anfield, if not the same."

Nobody from Man Utd / Arsenal ....

Quote Originally Posted by bens View Post
    Rotherdam promotion kittumo ennariyila but dortmund couldn't even qualify for champions league in Klopp's final season...
    Well, all top managers had their ups and downs. Dortmund won back to back leagues and made a UCL final b4 that. A UCL final Pep couldn't make it his tenure with Bayern though and with that Bayern team too.

That's after VVD and in 2019 when the market was again inflated , transfer fees in general became out of control after Neymar's departure to PSG for 200m in Aug 2017
    VVD in Jan 2017 , anyone before that ?
    You have to defend VVD that he was just an average player before coming to Liverpool
    Its not about average player or the fee, the ability to identify a player that can develop and suit to manager's vision and philosophy. If VVD continued to play in that Southampton team he is still an average player. There are many examples in this team including Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Fabinho etc all made huge improvement and progressed to Klopp's way of playing. And, I can't say of that front 3 too and made integral part of this great project now fully flourished.

Quote Originally Posted by sillan View Post
    Its not about average player or the fee, the ability to identify a player that can develop and suit to manager's vision and philosophy. If VVD continued to play in that Southampton team he is still an average player

I don't think he is that stupid enough to play all his lifetime at Southampton , it's inevitable that at any point he will move to a bigger club when the right opportunity comes and he found Klopp's project (he was linked to Chelsea , Man City and Arsenal also) the best and he moved

Quote Originally Posted by sillan View Post
    There are many examples in this team including Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Fabinho etc all made huge improvement and progressed to Klopp's way of playing. And, I can't say of that front 3 too and made integral part of this great project now fully flourished.
    The list didn't stop there , each and every player improved under him ( only exception may be Naby Keita because of injury ) , even some average players excelled under him and he is the current greatest by a mile
    My point is about VVD and to an extend Alisson ( agree these two also improved ) , Liverpool were not just buying an average player from a mid table team
    VVD yude talent kandethaan Klopp nte athrem talent illaathavarrkum kazhiyum ...he was linked to Chelsea , Man City and Arsenal also...that's why the huge transfer fee ...and he chose Liverpool

I don't think he is that stupid enough to play all his lifetime at Southampton , it's inevitable that at any point he will move to a bigger club when the right opportunity comes and he found Klopp's project (he was linked to Chelsea , Man City and Arsenal also) the best and he moved
    Ok granted Van Dijk and Allisson were world class before arriving at Liverpool. But are u disagreeing to what Carra said about Liverpool making superstars instead of buying them when there are around 9 other players as testament to what he said?
    away beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there