Page 46 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: ♛⚽️ 2019/20 Premier League ⚽️♛ : Liverpool are Champions

'I tried to tell them exactly the way United approach these matches at home': Jose Mourinho accuses his Tottenham players of complacency at OId Trafford as Dele Alli says they showed 'arrogance'

'We know what we had to do,' said Alli. 'We had to match their energy. We lost the game not by them outplaying us ? just attitude.

'We weren't hungry enough and we were slow to every second ball, losing 50-50s.

'Maybe it was a little bit of arrogance and overconfidence

Mourinho confirmed that he had warned his players what to expect, drawing on his experience of United playing better against the bigger teams because they can counter-attack
    'I tried to fight exactly that state of mind,' he said.

'I tried to tell them exactly the way United approach these matches at home ? against Liverpool, against Chelsea, always the strong start with people running, pressing, trying to lift the morale of the supporters.

'Normally they come from bad results against smaller teams so when they face the big teams people think it's going to be more difficult for them. It's not more difficult for them because the responsibilities change and they feel comfortable in this style of play.

'We have to blame ourselves. I think United must obviously be happy with the points, and overall they deserved it.'

The former United boss went into the home dressing-room after the game and congratulated his successor Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

'No problem, what's the problem?' said Mourinho. 'I have nothing against him, I think he has nothing against me. Why should we have any kind of problem?'

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    Ole rakshappettu, allenkil club supporters thanne koovi odichene.
    I don't think a change in manager will fix the current issue , stick with one Manager wait for 2 or 3 transfer windows and see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    I don't think a change in manager will fix the current issue , stick with one Manager wait for 2 or 3 transfer windows and see how it goes
    Manager change-inu vendiyalla, Mourinho vannu Old Trafford keezhadakkiyal sahikkan pattumo?

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    Manager change-inu vendiyalla, Mourinho vannu Old Trafford keezhadakkiyal sahikkan pattumo?
    There are many fans who want Ole out and Pochettino to come in , there was a campaign after 2-2 draw against Villa to sack Ole
    Sacking the manager won't fix the issue ...not even high profile managers like Pep/Klopp won't be able to fix the issue ...it's mediocre buying with very high transfer fees year after year lead to this situation...
    One new manager come ...he buy players that suits his style of play.....sacking ..then another...he buys players what suit his style of play...Ole is slowly building up.....
    currently it's a result oriented business , hard to say how long Ole to stay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    There are many fans who want Ole out and Pochettino to come in , there was a campaign after 2-2 draw against Villa to sack Ole
    Sacking the manager won't fix the issue ...not even high profile managers like Pep/Klopp won't be able to fix the issue ...it's mediocre buying with very high transfer fees year after year lead to this situation...
    One new manager come ...he buy players that suits his style of play.....sacking ..then another...he buys players what suit his style of play...Ole is slowly building up.....
    currently it's a result oriented business , hard to say how long Ole to stay
    I have fixed my mind before the season that any position from 5-10 would be ok.. because the squad clearly lacks depth!!
    Imagine we had Mctominay and pogba for all of these games where we draw/lost!! We would have been looking higher up in the table....but you cannot predict injuries ...it is damning when key first team players goes out for a long time.....We have a decent first xi and no real depth after that barring some promising teenagers!

Everton sack Marco Silva and put Duncan Ferguson in temporary charge

? Club hoping for permanent manager ?as swiftly as possible?
    ? David Moyes strongly linked with return to Goodison Park

Marco Silva sacked by Everton after transfer flops and poor results ? video report
    Duncan Ferguson has been placed in temporary charge of Everton after Farhad Moshiri, the club?s majority shareholder, made Marco Silva his fourth managerial sacking in under four years.
    Silva was dismissed midway through a three-year contract with Everton languishing in the relegation zone after eight defeats in their past 11 Premier League matches.
    Moshiri had been reluctant to part company with the Portuguese, an appointment he instigated and ultimately had to pay Watford around ?4m in compensation for, but the manner of Wednesday?s shambolic 5-2 defeat at Liverpool proved the breaking point.
    David Moyes is the leading candidate to succeed Silva with Tim Cahill under consideration to become the former Everton manager?s assistant. Other possible contenders include V?tor Pereira who was overlooked for the Everton job in 2013. The Portuguese is currently in charge of Shanghai SIPG.
    Moyes has been championed for some time by the chairman, Bill Kenwright, despite his poor track record since leaving for Manchester United after his Everton contract expired in 2013. The 56-year-old is available having been out of work since leaving West Ham in May 2018, although he will not be installed before Saturday?s home game against Chelsea. His first game could be away at United on Sunday week.
    Ferguson, a first-team coach under several Everton managers, was asked to take temporary charge following a chaotic day that had Moshiri visit Silva in person at the club?s training complex. Neither Moshiri nor Kenwright attended the derby defeat at Anfield but Moshiri travelled from London to visit Finch Farm with fellow board members and the director of football, Marcel Brands.
    Silva took training as usual on Thursday before Brands instructed the first-team squad to remain behind for a meeting with Moshiri. The players were not criticised for their part in Silva?s sacking ? it is understood the 42-year-old was not mentioned during the meeting ? but were asked what the board could do to help improve their performances. The directors reconvened and, six days after Brands gave an in-house interview calling for stability and unity at Goodison Park, Silva was informed his time as the Everton manager was over after 18 months.

Banned

WHAT A WIN FOR OLE AND HIS BOYS!!!!!

BACK TO BACK WINS VS MOURINHO'S TOTTENHAM AND PEP'S CITY

WHAT A WEEK!!!

The first 30 minutes was a glimpse of what Ole wants to do at United! With more quality injected into the team with some top quality signings ,this team could do this on a consistent basis!!

Rashford 🥰♥️

Yet again putting up a top performance silencing the doubters!!

The front pairing of Rashy Martial James and Lingard just superb with telepathic understanding!! United could have scored even more goals than just 2!!
    Midfield of Fred and Scotty improving through out the past few weeks!!

So happy for Lingard too as he was getting so much unnecessary hate.. he's been impressive recently!!

Win or lose or draw, the critics could see the potential of this team!! And credit has to go to Ole for the guts he showed to remove the deadwoods and players who wanted a move away like Lukaku and Sanchez even if that means some kids needs to be thrown into the action earlier than expected!!

Hopefully this rebuild works very well for united unlike the short term fixes they tried earlier!!

#mufc

City looked really ordinary. On same note Utd were superb on the counter. Am glad Solskjaer is getting some wins. Hopefully he ll hang on to his job at least until middle of next season.
    away beyond the worldly rules of right and wrong, there is a field; I will meet you there

Klopp signs new Liverpool deal until 2024
    Jurgen Klopp has extended his contract at Liverpool until 2024, saying he could not contemplate leaving the European champions.

Steven Gerrard has signed a two-year contract extension that sees him extend his stay at Rangers until 2024.