Page 188 of 247 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2468

Thread: ⭐ Malayalam Film Industry - A walk down memory lane ☀

Quote Originally Posted by Kidilan View Post
    What was the verdicts for the music based movies in early 90s like sargam,sopanam,paithrukam,kudumbasametham,savidham etc.,
    Sargam was a mega hit due to the low cost
    Sopanam ran 50 days in certain theaters, above average
    Paithrikam Disaster ayirunnu
    Kudumbasametham was a superhit
    Savitham break even ayrunnu, nalla initial kitti

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Quote Originally Posted by BASH1982 View Post
    Super hit arunnu annathe kalathu 20 lack ethandu arunnu cost a classinnu thanne 1 cr mukalil collect cheythirunnu aa samayathu jayarajinte oru intervewil kandathanu
    If Sargam was amega hit, Deshadanam was also a mega hit. Same range run. Low cost

Quote Originally Posted by Kidilan View Post
    What was the verdicts for the music based movies in early 90s like sargam,sopanam,paithrukam,kudumbasametham,savidham etc.,
    paithrukam is not a music based movie, is it? jayaram's character writes poetry but i don't think that would qualify it to be a music based movie. it is a social drama with some good songs.

Quote Originally Posted by MamBlr View Post
    The fall of Mammootty was a big conspiracy. Yes, he had many flops during that time. Even Pratheykam Shradhikkuka was not a hit.
    But all his movies had grand openings.
    Even when his 4 movies released on same day (and flopped), all got good openings.

That time somehow the media was against him. (or some people turned the media against him)
    And they capitalized on the fact that none of the 4 movies which got released same day clicked, along with Lal getting superstardom with Rajavinte makan, thalavattom.

I still remember Nana or Chithrabhoomi featuring a long article "Commercial cinemakalude Naayakan" (some title like that) projecting Lal beyond what he served at that point in time.
    I am not aware of the reason behind the conspiracy, but Mammootty's stardom was not impacred the way it got projected.
    I can confidently say that because I used to watch all his movies first day from the year 1984.
    Prathyegam Sradhikkuka definetely a above average grosser, njan theateril kandathaanu. Potta padam ayirunnu, randam azhcha almost full aayirunnu week daysil
    Ayiram Kannukal definetely a disaster, kuzhappamillaatha padam aayirunnu.

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    paithrukam is not a music based movie, is it? jayaram's character writes poetry but i don't think that would qualify it to be a music based movie. it is a social drama with some good songs.
    All the songs are hit, but the message that conveyed in that film is propogising the RSS theology was a major let down in those days. People are totally against Jayaraj and those criticisms makes that movie fail. If it is being released now, definetely a hit. It was a well made movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ABE View Post
    All the songs are hit, but the message that conveyed in that film is propogising the RSS theology was a major let down in those days. People are totally against Jayaraj and those criticisms makes that movie fail. If it is being released now, definetely a hit. It was a well made movie.
    i never felt that it was RSS propaganda. ofcourse i would have preferred the movie to tackle the concept of god straight on rather than sideline and focus on the rituals of a family steeped in beliefs of paithrukam. but it always seemed to me, the message of the movie was that, for 9 out of 10 questions around you, you might find answers in rational reasoning, but then for that last one when your thinking fails, there is no shame in turning to a god to find an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    i never felt that it was RSS propaganda. ofcourse i would have preferred the movie to tackle the concept of god straight on rather than sideline and focus on the rituals of a family steeped in beliefs of paithrukam. but it always seemed to me, the message of the movie was that, for 9 out of 10 questions around you, you might find answers in rational reasoning, but then for that last one when your thinking fails, there is no shame in turning to a god to find an answer.
    All the leftist people are reviewed the movie like that and criticsed of the fact that the movie had a RSS proponganda. For me it was a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ABE View Post
    All the leftist people are reviewed the movie like that and criticsed of the fact that the movie had a RSS proponganda. For me it was a good movie.
    well, for leftists it wouldn't be anything else. obviously.

10. Likes ABE liked this post

Panchagni movie posters (1986)

Release day - 12 Theatre (Including Late)
    50 day - 5 theatre
    75 day - 3 theatre
    101 day - 3 theatre
    171 day - 2 theatre
    200 day - 2 theatre

Last edited by Kuruvila; 09-28-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BASH1982 View Post
    Sargam megahit anu
    Savidham hit status undennu thonnunnu
    Deshadanam hit anu
    Bakkiyokke flop anu including paithrukam
    First Megahit Statement wrong anu..Annathe blockbuster/all-time blockbuster ellam megahit category yil anu mention cheyyuka..!
    So Better movie verdict nu 4 category use cheyyunnath avum nallath

Hit
    Super hit
    Block buster
    All-time blockbuster

Sargam was an all-time blockbuster considering gross !

100 day 8/10 theatre
    175/200 day A class run

Release center gross 1.28cr
    B,c perfo apoosinu mukalil Run

Final Gross May be 2.5cr+ kanum

92 top 3

Apoos
    Kolani
    Sargam
    Ingane avum !

Sent from my P5L using Tapatalk