Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽️ Other European Football Leagues 2019-20 ( Serie A , Bundesliga , Ligue 1 etc ) ⚽️

Juventus ended Inter Milan's perfect record in Serie A and took over the top spot as Gonzalo Higuain's superb late strike earned a 2-1 victory in the San Siro on Sunday.
    The Argentine striker, on as a substitute, applied a clinical finish to a flowing move in the 80th minute.
    Paulo Dybala had fired Maurizio Sarri's Juve side in front after four minutes but Inter, who had won all six of their matches before Sunday's clash, leveled in the 18th minute.
    Matthijs de Ligt was adjudged to have handled in the area and Lautaro Martinez converted the spot kick.

Napoli manager Carlo Ancelotti 'offended' after being sent off

Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti was 'offended' and 'disappointed' after he was sent to the stands as Atalanta twice came from behind to secure a 2-2 draw at the San Paolo Stadium.

Napoli took an early lead through Nikola Maksimovic, only for Remo Freuler to level with a clever shot through the legs of goalkeeper Alex Meret.

The home side regained the lead through an Arkadiusz Milik strike at the start of the second half and looked to be heading for all three points before Josip Ilicic's 86th-minute equaliser.

The Napoli players and coaches were incensed by the referee's decision not to award their side a penalty just after the equaliser, and manager Ancelotti was shown a red card.

Ancelotti told a press conference reported by the club website: 'This evening for the first time I prefer to speak little, I feel offended in my seriousness and I am disappointed.'

'Honestly we should not even comment on it. The defender (Simon Kjaer) is not interested in the ball and goes directly to (Fernando) Llorente. A clear penalty.

'For me there was no need for VAR but it is absurd that the referee did not go to see the images.'

Napoli players and coaches were incensed by the decision not to award them a penalty

Napoli players and coaches were incensed by the decision not to award them a penalty

On the decision made by the referee to send him to the stands, the 60-year-old said: 'I repeat that I feel offended and attacked.

'On the match I can say that we deserved to win. I am satisfied with the game, it was a complete performance.'

Atalanta manager Gian Piero Gasperini disagreed with Ancelotti, even though his initial reaction was that Napoli should have been awarded a spot-kick.

'From the pitch, I thought it was a penalty. Then, seeing the images, I saw a big elbow to Kjaer's face,' Gasperini told Sky Sport Italia.

'The images are very clear. Whoever was in the VAR booth confirmed what the referee saw, but I'm rightly biased.

'We struggled to control Napoli at first. They immediately created three chances and went ahead soon after.

'Napoli have great pace in their team, but little by little we managed to get the game back in hand, creating good chances and drawing level with them.'

Eintracht Frankfurt crushed 10-man Bayern Munich 5-1 on Saturday to send the visitors down to fourth in the Bundesliga, four points behind leaders Borussia Moenchengladbach, who won 2-1 at Bayer Leverkusen.

Napoli's hopes of mounting a Serie A title challenge this season took another blow on Saturday when they lost 2-1 at AS Roma, who missed one penalty and converted another.
    The defeat left Napoli with 18 points from 11 games, eight behind leaders Juventus

FC Bayern parts ways with Niko Kovac.