View Poll Results: Who will be the winner during this festival season?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pookalam

2 11.76%
  • Neelavelicham

1 5.88%
  • Corona Papers

2 11.76%
  • Enthada Saji

5 29.41%
  • Adi

3 17.65%
  • Ayalvashi

4 23.53%
Page 731 of 958 FirstFirst ... 231631681721729730731732733741781831 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,310 of 9572

Thread: 🔪🔪 🔪Forum Keralam FIGHT CLUB- NEW SEASON of BIGGER FAN FIGHTS🔫🔫🔫

Its not my problem with him. It's just regarding how many theatres 2018 has got in TN and how much it got in Telugu states.

It got a wide release in Telugu states while in TN it still got limited screens which is unfair. So I just quoted an example . We give minimum 100 screens to Tamil films here even if they run to empty houses while what we get in return is just a few screens and 1 or 2 shows in TN. So I said that even films like Legend which ran to empty houses here got 80-100 screens while this is not the case in TN

Whereas Telugu states seem to support us more even though they are not our neighbours

Quote Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
    Alla bro, what's your problem with Legend Saravanan? Aduthu irrangiye big-M releases'ine kaal kooduthal collection Saravanan'ji yude first padathinu kitiile? Maathram alla his acting caliber is on par if not better than Vijays.
    2018 movie -Pride of Mollywood.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

ഈ നടൻ ആരാവും? Any idea?

https://www.southlive.in/movie/celeb...a-telugu-actor

Sent from my CPH2505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
    #PachuvumAthbhuthavilakkum final world wide closing figures -

Kerala - ₹11.85 CR ~ Overseas - ₹4.45 CR ~ ROI - ₹0.85 CR ~ Grand toatal - ₹17.2 CR!!

Verdict - Flop

Sent from my CPH2505 using Tapatalk
    How is this movie a flop when you get atleast 8cr in OTT rights and satellite in addition to the 17 CR collection

Quote Originally Posted by Anu N View Post
    How is this movie a flop when you get atleast 8cr in OTT rights and satellite in addition to the 17 CR collection
    Flop/ Hit doesn't depend on Non Theatrical Rights

Sent from my 22021211RI using Tapatalk

Its the theatrical collection which determines whether the movie is a hit or flop. I just copy pasted this.

If it was me I would give 'average' status for this because it has crossed 10 cr at KBO and 15 cr WW which is a decent collection

But everyone except the producer and OTT streaming platform will incur a heavy loss since they have to share the collection with the theatre owners. After that they will get less that half of the actual collection

Quote Originally Posted by Anu N View Post

Ultimately producer mudakkiya paisayum labhavum kittiyal cinema hit thanne aanu mattullathellam microscopic research nadathunnavarkulla kaaryangalanu athu Mollywood as a whole labha nashta kanakkukalanu pachu producerkku labham undakkiya padam any athu kondu thanne hit aanu

FK Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Nyk View Post
    Ultimately producer mudakkiya paisayum labhavum kittiyal cinema hit thanne aanu mattullathellam microscopic research nadathunnavarkulla kaaryangalanu athu Mollywood as a whole labha nashta kanakkukalanu pachu producerkku labham undakkiya padam any athu kondu thanne hit aanu
    Angane aanel, 1 crore polum theatre il edukathe kure movies hit ennu vilikendi verum. Big Ms almost all movies hit ennu parayendi verum as their movies make the producer safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion View Post
    Angane aanel, 1 crore polum theatre il edukathe kure movies hit ennu vilikendi verum. Big Ms almost all movies hit ennu parayendi verum as their movies make the producer safe.
    HIT, FLOP, Blockbuster are Box Office terms, based on Box Office collection.
    These terms were there from a period where BO collection was the only form of revenue return.
    Collections outside BO collection will not influence this classification.

So, a film could be termed as a HIT only if it makes a HIT level collection (according to BO standards).

10. Likes anupkerb1 liked this post

There is a bit of confusion there also. The general rule is that a film can be a theatrical hit only if the producer/distributor makes a profit out of theatrical share which is very rare.

For example two Malayalam films with a budget of 17 crores and 20 collected 23 crores and 27 crores from KBO. But they have been given superhit /BB status. If the rule is strictly applied then the movie which had a budget of 17 crores should collect at least 38 crores from KBO and the movie which had a budget of 20 crores should collect 42 crores.

Again as per the new rules even if the budget of the movie is only 2 cr if it collects 5 crores the movie is termed a 'flop'. Earlier it was not like that. A low budget movie was given a hit status if it made a profit to the producer however less the collections may be

Hits and flops were based on the budget.

So what is the criteria of hit/blockbuster again.

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    HIT, FLOP, Blockbuster are Box Office terms, based on Box Office collection.
    These terms were there from a period where BO collection was the only form of revenue return.
    Collections outside BO collection will not influence this classification.

So, a film could be termed as a HIT only if it makes a HIT level collection (according to BO standards).

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
    There is a bit of confusion there also. The general rule is that a film can be a theatrical hit only if the producer/distributor makes a profit out of theatrical share which is very rare.

For example two Malayalam films with a budget of 17 crores and 20 collected 23 crores and 27 crores from KBO. But they have been given superhit /BB status. If the rule is strictly applied then the movie which had a budget of 17 crores should collect at least 38 crores from KBO and the movie which had a budget of 20 crores should collect 42 crores.

Again as per the new rules even if the budget of the movie is only 2 cr if it collects 5 crores the movie is termed a 'flop'. Earlier it was not like that. A low budget movie was given a hit status if it made a profit to the producer however less the collections may be

Hits and flops were based on the budget.

So what is the criteria of hit/blockbuster again.
    ultimately the industry will decide whether a film is a BO Hit or Flop.
    Budget is the major factor, but there are other factors like distribution amount, distributor share etc.

I don't like calling films with 4-5 crores gross as Hits, any film not collecting below 10cr and about 3 weeks decent run should be considered flops, IMO.

13. Likes Movie Lover liked this post