Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mamangam Review: Mammootty stuns in a magnificent period drama!

Default Mamangam Review: Mammootty stuns in a magnificent period drama!

Last edited by Joseph James; 10-12-2022 at 03:03 AM.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks man... good review

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph James View Post
    The moment of truth has arrived for Malayalam cine folks around the world. Mamangam is the biggest Malayalam film at this point, reportedly costing a whopping ₹55 crore. The film has finally seen the light of the day after a rather troubled production process that saw the producer Venu Kunnappilly removing the original director Sajeev Pillai, replacing him with the experienced M. Padmakumar who was tasked with reshooting entire portions with a relatively different cast and crew. Was it all worth it? Let's find out.

Mamangam is a great movie, that can be easily said. Because this movie is full of maturity. Because the film has no problem other than to bring about a change. Since this is a historical film, there is not much to change. Mammootty does another epic film. It's purely based on history. History introduces a historic way so the film is another history. The real hero is Master Achyuthan, that kid. One word. Amazing. How did he do the role? Really heartbreaking role. The sentimental part is just awesome. Not a melodramatic way of sentiments. It's in the life of that community.

Chandroth Panikker and kid have gone to Mamangam as a Chaver. This is a very terrifying moment. The word of best betrayal is a fight. Not cheating. But the Zamorin side is a cheating side. But that's known to everyone because it's history. Mammootty does a feminine role in a part. That character wants this to survive. There is no reason for shaming but I saw much shaming in social media. That character really wants that otherwise the mysterious form lost in the movie. That role had really surprised you. As Chandroth Panikker, Unni Mukundan performs wonderfully. The fight scene of his was brilliant. The kid Achyuthan's fight gave goosebumps and wonders. The climax jump. What a scene. Please experience in theatre musty. The movie is so benefiting for that scene only. The Mammootty rope jumping scene he nailed it. The climax Mamangam fight is really like a festival.

The war scene makes me another wonder. This movie filled with the bulk of wonders and goosebumps. We also said in our mind. Kid, please kill the king. Please don't fail in this Mamangam. That kind of scene lots of in it. The last message is similar to Porinju Mariam Jose. But the movie is not for the message. The historic event finished with a message. Like that type of message not underestimate. The movie is created for or told the untold story of history. That filled with realistic charming heavy mass with lots of emotions. Not over mass or emotions of the movie. So I first said it's a mature film. It's a truth that not hear in any books. That's for sure. This movie had so many pre-plan and research for it's making and scripting. That I respect.What dedication from makers and actors. The dedication of Mammootty is on another level as I have told repeatedly throughout this review.

New generation thinking they're in the family with no sentiments, no emotions. That's just wrong. This film has lots of emotions. That's just mindblowing. The spectacular visuals make me another wonder. The cinematographer wants a lot of claps for his work. Editing could have been better. The slow-motion scenes felt to lag in some moments. But the acting and direction make that a small negative. The background music is another plus point. The goosebumps are still in it. Betrayal is not a solution to any problems. That is the message of the film.

Mammootty! Just one word to say about his acting legend. Wow! What marvelous acting. This man makes another level in this movie. Statistically, this movie has some type of cliche, but the makings made this movie another level. Frequent action seen could not have to see, but the action has stunning. Dramatically the film has no at all. All are realistic. The various study told the film wanna carried this type of making, not to all impress for this type of making, but I am totally satisfied with this making.Making a similar pattern of this type of movie. Very intense story ending that make our blood will be cold. The intro scene makes the culture of Chaver. What kind of technics they used to fight how they survive. Everything tells in the movie the strategy of Chaver. Why they go to revenge? What are the reasons? This answer tells very intensively and strongly convinced the audience too much. Literary the film gave the message. But the message is a clich? now. But overall never calculate in this movie in the base of the message. This movie is historic. Lots of emotions in it. Strong ideas give to the audience. It also satisfied the entertainment lovers. But not fully satisfied another level fan or another level entertainer fan.

This is a history of brave. That makes very intensively and boldly. Trends are not now is like old. So how much it can accept the new generation we will wait and see. But one thing is for sure. The film is brilliant. The effort of team Mamangam is very evident.

Highly recommended, this one!

Rating:- 4/5

PS: If you liked the review, please post a comment on my blog! Link here! Much appreciated!

ee movie ku puram thirinju nilkunna mammootty fans ennu paryunnavaarku

FK Regular

Thanks a lot Joseph James for the review... Appreciate your effort as well as your style of writing

Banned

Thanks man!!

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cinemabrantan View Post
    Thanks man... good review
    Welcome bhai

Quote Originally Posted by VinuVerma View Post
    Thanks a lot Joseph James for the review... Appreciate your effort as well as your style of writing
    Thanks bhai....your support������

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post

ee movie ku puram thirinju nilkunna mammootty fans ennu paryunnavaarku
    Last edited by Joseph James; 10-12-2022 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perumal View Post
    Thanks man!!

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
    Welcome bhai

Thanks bhai

12. Likes Joseph James liked this post