Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TRANCE Review - What is your reality?

Thanks തച്ചൻ ..... Long time no see ...

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Quote Originally Posted by bhat View Post
    enikku ee padathinu ticket edutathanu orma vannathu
    Bheekarananallo kodum bheekaran 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Irikate oru kuthirapavan..

Quote Originally Posted by moovybuf View Post
    Thanks തച്ചൻ ..... Long time no see ...
    the actions of a certain mod became so irritating, it made me think twice of whether to even login again...
    but then comes this movie... everyone goes after tarantino and here you have anwar rasheed attempting a nicolas winding refn...
    it is movies like these that should be promoted and appreciated to prevent our industry from becoming the unofficial b team of telugu movie industry...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    good one... fight club orma vannu..
    the scene where pastor jc says something like, there are only three rules and keeps repeating the same one thrice, reminded me of tyler durden...

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    the actions of a certain mod became so irritating, it made me think twice of whether to even login again...
    but then comes this movie... everyone goes after tarantino and here you have anwar rasheed attempting a nicolas winding refn...
    it is movies like these that should be promoted and appreciated to prevent our industry from becoming the unofficial b team of telugu movie industry...
    Mulholland drive polulla padangal appreciate cheythavarku ithu ishtapedum...
    Lets see how the movie performs in rest of the places. Oru pratheeksha undu.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Mulholland drive polulla padangal appreciate cheythavarku ithu ishtapedum...
    Lets see how the movie performs in rest of the places. Oru pratheeksha undu.
    really feel anwar should trim the movie a bit, add english subtitles and take it outside kerala.

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    really feel anwar should trim the movie a bit, add english subtitles and take it outside kerala.
    i think there is no scenes to cut, only problem is viewers find difficult to connect with the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by veiwer View Post
    i think there is no scenes to cut, only problem is viewers find difficult to connect with the scenes.
    i don't think viewers will find it difficult unless they are pre-programmed in their senses as to what they want to see before entering the hall... if you enter with a free mind and are ready to hand over a licence to the director telling him, 'surprise me', i don't see any problem... if the viewer is like the religious multitude shown in the movie, the ones who confuse between being spiritual and being religious, the ones rigid with conventions and find anything experimental as glaring, then that there is a problem...

Trance is one of the 40 movies anupama chopra recommend to watch during lockdown. other malayalam movies in the list inlcude Angamaly Diaries, Ustad Hotel, Bangalore Days and Jallikattu.

Vincent Vadakkan, The Writer Of Anwar Rasheed’s Trance Starring Fahadh Faasil, Excavates The Film’s Hidden Meanings While Burying A Few Theories - Film Companion

https://www.filmcompanion.in/malayal...ngs-theories-/

Some of it is straight from my own life experiences. Like many others, I too have been through an ultra-religious phase where I came across several people like Joshua Carlton. After a point, that façade collapses and you realise that these faith-healers are just as human as we are. There was a period of disillusionment, but I’m still a believer and I continue to look to Christ.

Viju is someone who’s had to deal with several extraordinary situations. He lost his mother early on and he couldn’t save his brother. Like both of them, Viju too suffers from psychological issues. He was once a believer but when he loses his mother, he became an atheist. But he feels he can replace the idea of God with positive self-motivating thoughts. He’s someone who became a motivational speaker to motivate himself and make a career out of it. But that approach doesn’t help him after his brother dies. Because he is ambitious, all he can think of is moving forward. So he packs his bags and moves to Bombay with the weight of all that mental baggage. He’s in a vulnerable state of mind and that’s when the idea of God is fed into him again. In a way, Viju is like the thousands of people that come to Joshua Carlton for guidance and hope.