Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: ♛ ⚽️2020-21 English Premier League ⚽️♛ : Man City are Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    first time in pep guardiola's managerial career, his side concedes 5 goals in a league game.
    against leeds it will be the second time, hope mendy starts...

Quote Originally Posted by bens View Post
    against leeds it will be the second time, hope mendy starts...
    no proper striker... two players pairing defence for first time... lack of preseason... expected bump in the road...

the ruben dias signing seems like a panic buy. koulibaly was first option, 90m for a 29 year old kept dragging it. 2nd option was 21 year old jules kounde; city's offer of 50m which was rejected. out of nowhere comes third option of 23 year old ruben and he is being bought for 54m. ofcourse otamendi is being offloaded which will help wage structure. but if city were ready to dish out 54m, why couldn't they pitch the same for kounde on a second try? i haven't seen much of kounde or dias but going down to your third option and this sort of money, seems like a panic buy to me. as much as i love city's keeper, midfield and strikers, just as much i am low on faith about the back four. stones, danilo, cancelo, zinchenko, mendy. except for laporte and walker (on his good days) the defense purchases under pep was just not upto it. city at present really struggling on two fronts, one, to penetrate the opposition when they put up a defense of five and second, holding ground against pacy counter-attacks. dias' comparison is already with lindelof who was great for benfica and portugal till he made the move to a big club. dias will have to be better. the only positive catch about dias buy is that it seems pep is going to extend his city contract. come on city, you are a top class side, you have the best manager in the world, tidy up up your defense.
    Last edited by Perumthachan; 09-28-2020 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    the ruben dias signing seems like a panic buy. koulibaly was first option, 90m for a 29 year old kept dragging it. 2nd option was 21 year old jules kounde; city's offer of 50m which was rejected. out of nowhere comes third option of 23 year old ruben and he is being bought for 54m. ofcourse otamendi is being offloaded which will help wage structure. but if city were ready to dish out 54m, why couldn't they pitch the same for kounde on a second try? i haven't seen much of kounde or dias but going down to your third option and this sort of money, seems like a panic buy to me. as much as i love city's keeper, midfield and strikers, just as much i am low on faith about the back four. stones, danilo, cancelo, zinchenko, mendy. except for laporte and walker (on his good days) the defense purchases under pep was just not upto it. city at present really struggling on two fronts, one, to penetrate the opposition when they put up a defense of five and second, holding ground against pacy counter-attacks. dias' comparison is already with lindelof who was great for benfica and portugal till he made the move to a big club. dias will have to be better. the only positive catch about dias buy is that it seems pep is going to extend his city contract. come on city, you are a top class side, you have the best manager in the world, tidy up up your defense.
    Someone like dzeko will do, we need a player, striker, who can threat aerially, imagine the passes de bruyne provides for such a player, hope dias comes good,
    left back position needs to be sorted, then we have chance.. Pep can't blame teams for playing defensively, relying only on counter attacks, a manager must be good enough to deal with it, that's why u r being paid the big bucks..

Quote Originally Posted by bens View Post
    Someone like dzeko will do, we need a player, striker, who can threat aerially, imagine the passes de bruyne provides for such a player, hope dias comes good,
    left back position needs to be sorted, then we have chance.. Pep can't blame teams for playing defensively, relying only on counter attacks, a manager must be good enough to deal with it, that's why u r being paid the big bucks..
    give him a fully fit squad. if not he will try various combinations. and that will affect. if no major injuries this season, let the backline be ake-laporte-dias-walker. even if it take a couple of losses, stick with it. at present the major concern is lack of proper striker. so expecting the dip to continue for some time.

Man city ku kure pootha Panam undennallathe enthu charithram.... potti palisayi
    ...good

The matches are so scheduled that a single channel is sufficient to air all the matches.

I think last year had many parallel matches.
    @Giggs, had it?

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post

The matches are so scheduled that a single channel is sufficient to air all the matches.

@Giggs, had it?
    GW 5 onwards all the 10 mathces are at the same time . Except few Game weeks

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post

@Giggs, had it?
    12 Channel matto ille star sportsinu... athil 11 channelilum IPL aanu 😬

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "നമുക്കൊരു ഒന്നൊ​ന്നര പടമുണ്ടെന്നു പറ" !!

Quote Originally Posted by K S Hrithwik View Post
    GW 5 onwards all the 10 mathces are at the same time . Except few Game weeks

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
    That is draft schedule before confirming timings with main broadcaster.
    actual schedule will be released after confirming the timings with broadcaster and teams.

11. Likes Giggs liked this post