Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia 2021 T20 WC Champions

Hybrid View

Default Australia 2021 T20 WC Champions

There was due to be a preceding 2020 T20 World Cup held in Australia from 18 October to 15 November 2020,but in July 2020, the International Cricket Council (ICC) confirmed that this tournament had been postponed, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In August 2020, the ICC confirmed that India would host the 2021 tournament as planned, with Australia being named as the host for the succeeding 2022 tournament. However, in June 2021, the ICC announced that the tournament had been moved to the United Arab Emirates due to growing concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic situation in India, and a possible third wave of the pandemic in the country. The tournament is scheduled to begin on 17 October 2021, with the tournament's final scheduled to be played on 14 November 2021. The preliminary rounds of the tournament are set to be shared between the UAE and Oman.

In August 2021, concerns and doubts were raised over the participation of Afghanistan cricket team in the tournament ever since Afghanistan was brought under the control of the Taliban. Afghanistan cricket team's media manager Hikmat Hassan confirmed that Afghanistan would play in the T20 World Cup despite the political turmoil in the country.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by K S Hrithwik; 11-15-2021 at 02:23 PM.

With a total of 42 matches, the T20 World Cup will be composed of two rounds. Round 1 will include twelve matches between eight teams (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Ireland, Netherlands, Scotland, Namibia, Oman and Papua New Guinea) from which four teams will progress to the Super 12s. The Super 12s, scheduled to start from 24 October 2021, will consist of 30 matches between the four teams from Round 1 and the top eight ranked T20I teams. Those teams will be split into two groups of six each. This will be followed by the two semi-finals and then the final. On 16 July 2021, the ICC confirmed the groups for the tournament, which were decided on the rankings of the teams as of 20 March 2021. On 17 August 2021, the ICC confirmed the final fixtures for the tournament including the first round and super 12 matches.

The tournament will take place in four venues: the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, the Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, and the Oman Cricket Academy Ground. During July 2021, the Tolerance Oval in Abu Dhabi was awaiting accreditation by the ICC to also be used as one of the venues for the tournament.

Indian Squad

Quote Originally Posted by K S Hrithwik View Post
    Indian Squad

Pandya okke ippo form il ano ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saathan View Post
    Thamburanariyam

Quote Originally Posted by Saathan View Post
    അതിനെപ്പോഴാ ചെങ്ങായി ഫോമിലുണ്ടായേ? ചെങ്ങായിയുടെ X factor ആണ് ചെങ്ങായി ടീമിൽ തുടരാൻ കാരണം.. എന്നാലും ചെങ്ങായിയുടെ slow Cuttors UAE പിച്ചിൽ Suit ആവുമെന്നാ തോന്നുന്നെ!

Sent from my POCO X2 using Tapatalk

Fixtures

T2021