Thread: Bheeshma Parvam- Another racy Kochi entertainer

Default Bheeshma Parvam- Another racy Kochi entertainer

Revolves around a Christian family based in Kochi in late 80's or early 90's . Mammukkas character Micheal is the binding point between everyone.He is as usual a man who supports justice . In that family there are many kinds of people- patriarchal men who involve in goondaism and feel that beating and humiliating their wives is a sign of masculinity(Shine tom- Veena Nandakumar, Harish Uthaman -Lena) and another family which represents good in good vs evil saga which includes Nadia Moidu, Sreenath Bhasi, Soubin and Srinda. Then there is a 'special' friendship love angle between mammukkas character and Alice (Anasuya Bharadwaj).

It moved me to tears when I saw two legends Lalitha chechi and Nedumudi Venu chettan together that too in a very different role which both of them have not done till date. Is this a sheer coincidence????

Performance wise everyone stands out in their own way . I dont have to specially tell about our Ikka. Among others Shine Tom, Soubin ,Sreenath Bhasi , Farhan, Nadiya , Anasuya, and the girl who played Sreenath Bhasis love interest has done their parts really well.

Technically it stands apart just like other Amal Neerad movies.

And they have done a good research and worked hard to recreate Kochi of 90's be it Fiat / Ambassador car, Video cassette, old denim jeans, old type skirts which young girls wear, Adipapam poster on which 'Ajantha' theatre name is stuck, varkeys which was one of the first supermarkets.

Negatives:- Storywise nothing new to offer. Many predictable scenes . But the direction , screenplay, technical finesse etc compensates for that.

My rating :-3/5.

2. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

thanks for the review

Thanks for the review ML...

Same thoughts 👍

Sent from my SM-G615F using Tapatalk

6. Likes Movie Lover liked this post

thanks........