Thread: Gold - My thoughts!

Default Gold - My thoughts!

Gold (2022)

Some filmmakers have it, and some don't. Alphonse Puthren has it big time.

In Puthren's third feature, he brings back the winning formula that overcomes most of its faults to provide a fun and fairly entertaining yarn. Of course, it doesn't have a solid plot, but an utterly charming cast and the quirky execution more than make up for a lack of surprises.

While following multiple characters throughout a movie may seem difficult, however, if done well, it may provide us with a range of talent and intertwining tales that make for an interesting experience. The performances from the ensemble of actors are top notch. And, quite obviously, Prithviraj steals the show. He is mostly at ease here, oozing his magnetic charm.

It is impossible to categorize Gold into one particular genre or even a few for that matter. As a film, it is, at times crazy, at times stylish, at times nonsensical, at times hilarious and equally unique in parts. This concoction of genres is what makes this a reasonably compelling experience.

Even though it's not quite a masterpiece, it does show ample talent from a writer-director who, given his short years, may expect a glorious career.
    Last edited by Cinemalover; 12-01-2022 at 02:13 PM.

2. Likes hakkimp, Sree Tcr, Malik, Ali Bhai liked this post
  3. Sponsored Links ::::::::::::::::::::Remove adverts

Thanks boss

5. Likes Cinemalover liked this post

Thanks Cinemalover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Cinemalover liked this post

Thanks Cinema lover..