Thread: Pathaan - My review

Default Pathaan - My review

Time: 12:20pm (FDFS)

Status: 5 people (When I booked online, a whole row was shown as booked. But in theatre, that row was completely empty. Something fishy? )

After giving 1/5 for 'War' which was this director's last movie I watched, I went with very low expectations. But the movie turned out to be much better than War.

After watching the intro of SRK which was average, I felt like I watched the whole movie and was losing patience in the first 30 minutes. I thought hereafter the movie would be a torture. But it was not that bad. After Deepika's arrival, the movie got interesting.

Still the movie tested my patience in several places.

For some reason, the patriotic parts worked for me. Climax also worked in parts.

The movie is a mix of military and spy action. It is not a pure spy movie like James Bond or Mission Impossible etc. A pure spy movie I have watched from Bollywood is Agent Vinod of Saif Ali Khan.

SRK was okay. But did not like his shabby look. The look doesn't suit a spy. Spies should look sharp.

Do I want a sequel? No.

Rating: 2.75/5
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

Totally agree with you bro . neither i do want a sequel .
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post

Time: 12:20pm (FDFS)

Status: 5 people (When I booked online, a whole row was shown as booked. But in theatre, that row was completely empty. Something fishy? )

After giving 1/5 for 'War' which was this director's last movie I watched, I went with very low expectations. But the movie turned out to be much better than War.

After watching the intro of SRK which was average, I felt like I watched the whole movie and was losing patience in the first 30 minutes. I thought hereafter the movie would be a torture. But it was not that bad. After Deepika's arrival, the movie got interesting.

Still the movie tested my patience in several places.

For some reason, the patriotic parts worked for me. Climax also worked in parts.

The movie is a mix of military and spy action. It is not a pure spy movie like James Bond or Mission Impossible etc. A pure spy movie I have watched from Bollywood is Agent Vinod of Saif Ali Khan.

SRK was okay. But did not like his shabby look. The look doesn't suit a spy. Spies should look sharp.

Do I want a sequel? No.

Rating: 2.75/5

3. Likes Ali Bhai liked this post

For me the Patriotic part and the dialogues associated was Cringe Pro Max Level.

Only thing enjoyable in the movie was John Abraham...He stole the scenes even when face to face with SRK.

Movie overall was strictly average for me.

Chila action scenes okke anayyam aayirunnu... especially 2 helicopter okke pidichu thazthunna scenes okke

5. Likes Movie Lover liked this post

Patriotic part actually was totally unwanted . Lab scenes okke nalla veruppikkal anu with Dimple Kapadia.
    2018 movie -Pride of Mollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
    Patriotic part actually was totally unwanted . Lab scenes okke nalla veruppikkal anu with Dimple Kapadia.
    But the scene did have an impact. Maybe the way it is acted may not be liked by everyone.

This scene and the climax portion involving the passenger plane gave me a lump in my throat.
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

Similar scenes have been there before in many other movies...

Story wise or emotion wise I didnt find anything in the movie but the action scenes were spectacular and hollywood level

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    But the scene did have an impact. Maybe the way it is acted may not be liked by everyone.

This scene and the climax portion involving the passenger plane gave me a lump in my throat.
    2018 movie -Pride of Mollywood.

9. Likes firecrown liked this post