Fisherman's Review of Thuramukham

Theatre: Edappally Vanitha
Show Time: Mar 10th, 10 AM

As most of us know movie deals with the life of people (Primarily labourers) sorrounding Kochi port, their hardships, exploitation by rich family etc etc... This is not the first Malayalam film which had dealt with this subject.

This is a period film since it deals with old times of our land. Director has been very successfull in recreating those old times be it with houses, shops, vehicles, ships, costumes of the actors etc etc... Another area in which Director has been immensily successfull is bringing out the best performances from all actors. Everybody - Nivin, Arjun, Indrajith, Poornima, etc etc... Several drama atrists are also there I think. Everybody has excelled in their roles.

Joju's portion in the initial parts of the movie has one major goosebump scene. And Joju's portion in second half is one of the best such sequence I have seen in Malayalam. We have seen such sequences in other movies, but the intensity in which this is shot and the intense performance is just awesome.

Then coming to Nivin, Arjun, Indrajith time period in the movie. Again the intensity in which Nivin has played his role is outstanding. I do not think any other actors after Big Ms has been so convincing in such Local Goonda roles with such intensity. I am waiting for a kidu Mass movie from Ichaayan. He will set the screen on fire.

Review of this film can never be complete with out a write up on Poornima Indrajith. My interpretation is that she is the central character of the movie. It is all about how people sorrounding her gets sucked into these labourers issues and also how she looses everything. Her performance throughout and in climax deserves a standing applause. The climax which is based on the real Mattanchery Police Firing is also executed very well with audience stuck spellbound seeing the proceedings on screen.

Positives
Direction
Perfomance all lead actors.

Negatives
Slow pace
Lenght

Overall Summary - Go and watch this chapter from our state's history which tells about the exploitation that existed in our land and how labour class revolted against it and the losses they suffered in those fight for justice. Do not miss it in theatres if you are a lover of serious cinema.

Nivin the Performer is Back...

Rating - 4/5.