Page 426 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526926 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 10419

Thread: KOLLYWOOD (Tamil)

Banned

I am all set to prove myself: Aishwarya Dhanush

2011-07-30 19:49:41
    Last Updated: 2011-07-30 20:02:20

Aishwarya Dhanush, daughter of superstar Rajinikanth turns director with an untitled romantic flick which has started rolling in Chennai.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice. It is not a thing to wait for; it is a thing to be achieved. Do we call her Aishwarya Rajinikanth or Aishwarya Dhanush? Either ways, she is not going to complain as being in the limelight is not new to this new entrant to the directors list in Kollywood.

She has made a silent but deadly entry to showbiz by starting her maiden film with her husband as hero. No frills, no fuss, just mega confidence. Aishwarya opens up to Sridevi Sreedhar in her first ever interview after turning director

When did you decide to turn director?
    Even while at school, I had a penchant for writing. I used to write regularly in school magazines and it continued even while at college.

Most of the star kids want to turn actors. Have you ever thought of becoming an actress?
    Never. I was always interested in script-writing and other technical aspects of film making. I remember that we were young, dad used to have these dinner table conversations about scripts and stories of his films. He used to discuss about scenes and camera angles and that's how I got interested in direction and visualisation. He advised me that no degree or book knowledge will help, and any work behind camera needs experience. So after my college, I started assisting Suresh Krishna uncle during the making of dad's Baba. After marriage, I worked as an assistant director to Selvaraghavan in Puthupettai and Aayirathil Oruvan.

So did you narrate your script to Rajini sir?
    I have just told him the jist of it and not the entire script. He has immense confidence in me and was not surprised when I told him that I was starting the film. But he was shocked that I am starting it so soon. And he loved this unconventional, quiet start to my film.

So when did you decide to become an independent director?
    I was working on this script for the last four years and thought of making it into a short film. One day, I narrated it to Dhanush who was so impressed that he encouraged me to develop it into a main stream cinema. While I was carrying my second son Linga, I had lot of time and that was the time when I gave finishing touches to the script.

Was Dhanush impressed by the final copy of the script ?
    (Laughs) He wouldn't be giving me immediate dates if he was not convinced. My first battle was won when he agreed to accept my movie at a time when he is a busy star. I have to thank my family for supporting me especially my father-in-law for investing money and turning producer by trusting that I can deliver.

Why did you choose Amala Paul?
    I have seen her work in Mynaa and was impressed. Actually I had written the script keeping Sruthi in mind but unfortunately her dates could not be adjusted.

What do you think of Dhanush as an actor? Did you write the script keeping him in mind?
    (Smiles) I think it is natural for me to either keep my dad or my husband while writing a script. Dhanush suits the role to the T and you can never imagine another actor in that role. As an actor, he is hard working and dedicated and him winning the National award is testimony to the fact that he is a fine actor.

As a director you have a lot riding on the film?
    Yes I know that, but I am confident about my script and the goodwill and prayers of my friends and family. I am all set to prove that I can do it.

Will you do a film with your dad as hero?
    By God's grace, maybe in the near future.

stop violence 2 varunnundenkil athinu pattiya teaser

thanks ramu... repped...

4. Likes breakingviews liked this post

Waiting for the BO Storm Puli

മേരേ പ്യാരേ...ദേശ് വാസിയോം...യോം...യോം ..യോം ........

Waiting for the BO Storm Puli