View Poll Results: a

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1504 of 1622 FirstFirst ... 504100414041454149415021503150415051506151415541604 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,040 of 16215

Thread: BOLLYWOOD (Hindi)

Quote Originally Posted by aak View Post
    milan talkies
    naayika nammude kannada kochalle? ee adutha kaalathu kanditulla naayikamaaril ettavum sundari aayittu thonniyittullathu ee kochaa...

2. Likes aak liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    GULLY BOY. there is this movie by eminem '8 Mile' which is somewhat his own story... rap was dominated by African-Americans and eminem tries to break into it... sort of the rich boy (which he is not) breaking into the music of the poor... similarly, indian hip-hop is dominated by the rich kids and gully boy from the slums of dharavi tries to break into it... 'Rock On' is an all-time fav... the story was universal, the music was infectious... same goes for this one... universal underdog story... abusive father, silent mother, poor surroundings, criminal tendency, supportive girlfriend... all ingredients for a coming-of-age story... different layers to the story... lots of relations explored... ranveer was just awesome... totally nailed the accent and the attitude... alia was ferocious though the writers have played it safe with her... vijay raaz as the abusive father, amruta subhash as the mother, vijay varma as his friend moieen... all have done a tremendous job... but the best of the lot (which came as a surprise) was siddhant chaturvedi as mc sher, superb personality, he totally owned his space... the kalki track was poorly written... like i said earlier, with the subject and treatment in hand the writers must have decided to play it safe with alia's character and kalki's is a part of it... songs were powerful especially apna time aayega, mere gully mein, asli hip hop...subject being an underdog one, the length of the movie should have been trimmed a bit... lots of subplots and all needed to be tied by the end which took up lots of time... the rap battles were well done, the dharavi setup was nicely captured... overall, with a certain to succeed plot, terrific lead performance and powerful soundtrack, it was an enriching experience...
    Rockstar, Ae dilumayi oke samyam thonniyo....pinne enthoke und bhai...kure nalayallo kandittu...

Quote Originally Posted by bhat View Post
    Rockstar, Ae dilumayi oke samyam thonniyo....pinne enthoke und bhai...kure nalayallo kandittu...
    sugham. soukhyam. samaadhanam. fkyil kerumbo alpaswalpam alavalaathitharam. hehe...

i don't remember ae dil much... as for rockstar, can't compare the two... rockstar is more like a filmy film while this one is more rooted to the ethos of mumbai... the makers have played it safe... none of any extraordinary scenes or nothing, but whatever is there, has been done nicely...

hum pandaa hai... maryaada ka paalan karna hamaraa dharm bhi hai... aur dhandha bhi...

hehe...
    Last edited by Perumthachan; 02-20-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    gully boy kandu kazhinjappo, the similarities with eminem's 8 mile were so jarring, i was like, were anupama chopra, rajeev masand and all other critics so besotted wanting this to be a success that they intentionally and completely overlooked the similarities... i mean, in the eminem movie too, there is the abusive father, blue-collar day job, friend's garage, unable to perform at first rap battle and lots of others... considering 8 Mile was placed among the black community in the States, that one had more of violence and gun shoot-outs... which was mellowed down in this one....
    The stories are similar as in underdog trying to make it big in the world of rap, pakshe the differences are jarring as well, isn't it?

8 Mile there is no father figure (the guy is an ex school mate living with Eminem's mother) and his mother is a trailer junkie + Eminem is protective about his daughter Lily (or lil sis cannot remember).

In this there is a family and Divine's father is a demanding/abusive individual. Plus being a Mumbai story there is always hope in the city vis a vis Detroit, its crumbling economy and very grim surroundings. I thought 8 mile had more of a race angle as in a white boy trying to rap while this was more of a rich vs poor story.

Brilliantly made movies nonetheless, both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
    The stories are similar as in underdog trying to make it big in the world of rap, pakshe the differences are jarring as well, isn't it? 8 Mile there is no father figure (the guy is an ex school mate living with Eminem's mother) and his mother is a trailer junkie + Eminem is protective about his daughter Lily (or lil sis cannot remember). In this there is a family and Divine's father is a demanding/abusive individual. Plus being a Mumbai story there is always hope in the city vis a vis Detroit, its crumbling economy and very grim surroundings. I thought 8 mile had more of a race angle as in a white boy trying to rap while this was more of a rich vs poor story. Brilliantly made movies nonetheless, both of them.
    come on macha! if you are telling me the abusive step-father character played brilliantly by michael shannon in 8 mile has in no way influenced the father character played brilliantly by vijay raaz, i have got nothing to say... mother is a junkie, now what are the traits of such female characters: she doesn't know whats good for her and doesn't have the courage to change her situation... isn't there a coincidence in that with murad's mother too? sister character is not included, i agree. not discrediting the movie in anyway but the similarities stuck out for me is all i am saying.