View Poll Results: a

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1548 of 1622 FirstFirst ... 54810481448149815381546154715481549155015581598 ... LastLast
Results 15,471 to 15,480 of 16215

Thread: BOLLYWOOD (Hindi)

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGER View Post
    dont know about panel members and all that, but when the director claims to do a film based on real life especially of the armed forces, you cant claim creative liberty to show something negative. I havent seen the movie but from the trailer it seems like they have portrayed the indian army as discriminatory against women which is far from truth. https://www.deccanchronicle.com/ente...rs-of-iaf.html Uniform everything, not gender
    Women in the Indian defence services deny there is any bias against them. According to Padmavathy Bandopadhyay, who was the first woman officer to become Air Marshal of the IAF, "There is nothing like man and woman (in the IAF). When we wear the uniform, we all are officers. You have to prove yourself and then nobody questions one’s capabilities. It is the same with everyone. And just like every other officer, women officers too have to prove themselves to achieve their positions in the force.”Flying Officer Aman Nidhi, who became the first woman IAF pilot to fly the Mi-17 combat helicopter along with Flt Lt. Parul Bharadwaj and Flt Lt. Hina Jaiswal, also states that the defence forces are above reservation on the basis of gender.“We have proved to the nation that there is nothing that women can’t do. The training does not discriminate between men and women in forces and my contribution will be equal to my male counterparts’, nothing less,” clarifies Nidhi. “Here, we don’t have a reservation system, only merit works.”
    i have not seen the film. for every female who has undergone the grit and made it through, i am sure there might be lots of others who haven't. there have been debates even recently about how the female psyche 'might' fail to perform under pressure in matters relating to national security. one of the reasons for hilary clinton losing against trump was because americans did not have the courage to hand over their defence decisions to a woman president. anyways, though i disagree to the filmmaker's choice of portraying things in the wrong manner for the sake of creative liberty, i am also against films having to undergo clearance from the agencies portrayed because movies should have creative liberty to express the viewpoints. so censor board clearance should be the norm. even today, our films do not have the guts to tackle political issues. if indira gandhi is shown on screen, the character will be called priyadarshini (indira's pet woman) and the actor performing the role would have a sharp nose and a streak of white hair above her forehead. that should change. call indira indira and let the audience decide how much they should take back home when they step out of the theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    i have not seen the film. for every female who has undergone the grit and made it through, i am sure there might be lots of others who haven't. there have been debates even recently about how the female psyche 'might' fail to perform under pressure in matters relating to national security. one of the reasons for hilary clinton losing against trump was because americans did not have the courage to hand over their defence decisions to a woman president. anyways, though i disagree to the filmmaker's choice of portraying things in the wrong manner for the sake of creative liberty, i am also against films having to undergo clearance from the agencies portrayed because movies should have creative liberty to express the viewpoints. so censor board clearance should be the norm. even today, our films do not have the guts to tackle political issues. if indira gandhi is shown on screen, the character will be called priyadarshini (indira's pet woman) and the actor performing the role would have a sharp nose and a streak of white hair above her forehead. that should change. call indira indira and let the audience decide how much they should take back home when they step out of the theatre.
    When politics or political parties are involved, i really dont care if they show it as positive or negative but when it comes to the forces, I wouldnt want it to be shown in a negative way to the international audience who at least a portion would then assume that Indian forces are biased. Gender based reservation in the forces is the last thing you want there.

Now there is also a view that Gunjan wasnt even the first pilot to Kargil. That is a completely different story.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...qDF64vTJO.html
    HEROES NEVER CHOOSE DESTINY DESTINY CHOOSES THEM

Quote Originally Posted by STRANGER View Post
    When politics or political parties are involved, i really dont care if they show it as positive or negative but when it comes to the forces, I wouldnt want it to be shown in a negative way to the international audience who at least a portion would then assume that Indian forces are biased. Gender based reservation in the forces is the last thing you want there. Now there is also a view that Gunjan wasnt even the first pilot to Kargil. That is a completely different story. https://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...qDF64vTJO.html
    i don't think any institution is beyond criticism. a film maker has the right to express his opinion. the institution, here the defence, has the right to take the film makers to court if it feels it has been tainted. few years back, there was the movie called 'shaurya', we even had a malayalam version of it called 'melvilaasom', both of which tackled caste discrimination in the army. both were inspired by hollywood movie 'a few good men' which was about racist discrimination. the army had no problem them. why was that? is it because caste discrimination does exist in the army? 'rang de basanti' was initially forced to be banned because the army claimed it showed mig planes in a bad light. the ministry of defence saw the movie and cleared it. all i am saying is, the defence ministry can ask the filmmaker for a preview screening, can suggest changes to be made but it has no right to force the censor board that movies about defence should get their clearance for screening. tomorrow, religious institutions will do the same. then political parties and so on until all that our filmmakers can make movies about will be fairy tales.

As per Zee Media and ABP News, Sushant Singh Rajput's gym partner disclosed that he was quite upset when Shah Rukh Khan had insulted him at the IIFA Awards with was held in Macau in 2013. Talking about the incident, Sunil said that Sushant, who is a huge fan of SRK and has repeatedly admitted the same in the past, was very excited with the invitation, however, the script promised was something else but on stage, SRK ended up insulting him which hurt Sushant. “Sushant told me that Shah Rukh had asked him to practice a signature step. He was also very happy with this invitation. Shah Rukh Khan had said that he will talk about his career and struggle but after going to the stage, he started insulting Sushant. Sushant was deeply hurt by this behaviour of Shah Rukh Khan,” he said.

https://www.spotboye.com/bollywood/n...0638107cc1c6cb

The Supreme Count today announced the verdict that the Central Bureau of Investigation will now be probing Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case. The SC made it clear that both Bihar and Mumbai Police will cooperate with CBI and the FIR lodged in Patna will be referred for the case.

Kangana Ranaut@KanganaTeam
    Humanity wins, congratulations to each one of SSR warriors, first time I felt such strong force of collective consciousness, AMAZING #CBITakesOver

Akshay Kumar@akshaykumar
    SC directs CBI to investigate Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. May the truth always prevail #Prayers

Kriti Sanon@kritisanon
    Last 2months have been extremely restless with everything being so blurry. Supreme Court’s order to let the CBI investigate Sushant’s case is a ray of hope that the truth will finally shine. Lets all have faith, stop speculating & let the CBI do their work now!

Parineeti Chopra@ParineetiChopra
    This is a positive step. Please let’s respect this moment, and let the CBI do their work now! Please let’s stop speculating and coming to conclusions on our own .. #CBIforSSR#SushanthSinghRajput.

Ranvir Shorey
    @RanvirShorey

Pleased with the SC verdict to have #CBIForSSR. We all need to know the truth about the circumstances surrounding #SushanthSinghRajput’s death.

Last edited by Perumthachan; 08-19-2020 at 02:16 PM.

'No one is interested in the opinions of some half-educated starlet who decides to take it upon herself to, you know, get justice for Sushant.' - Naseeruddin Shah.

'Would you say this to me if I were Prakash Padukone/Anil Kapoor's daughter?' - Kangana Ranaut.