View Poll Results: a

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 967 of 1622 FirstFirst ... 467867917957965966967968969977101710671467 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,670 of 16215

Thread: BOLLYWOOD (Hindi)

Is Suresh Raina dating actress Anushka Sharma?

New Delhi: Another addition to the list of link-ups between Cricket and Bollywood? According to some media reports, cricketer Suresh Raina and actress Anushka Sharma are dating each other.

The two first met in London few months back Raina was touring England with the Indian team and Anushka was shooting for her film. Since then they have remained in touch.

However, the actress, who was earlier seeing actor Ranveer Singh, is claiming she is single and not dating anyone.

Apparently Anushka's only connection to cricket dates back to watching the World Cup final last year and her friendship with Sakshi Rawat, MS Dhoni's wife.

Although has Raina never discussed about his personal life, was ealier was said to be close to Avaition Minister Praful Patel's daughter Poorna, who worked as the IPL Hospitality Manager.

'I have no inhibitions in front of the camera'

If you've seen the trailer of Vivek Agnihotri's Hate Story, you'd know that this is one movie you cannot watch it with your parents.

Lead actress Paoli Dam obviously has no inhibitions in front of the camera.

The Bengali actress, who makes her Bollywood debut with this Vikram Bhatt production, has shed her clothes before in Bengali films like Chhtarak and Kaalbela (the latter starring Kahaani actor Parambrata Chatterjee).

'I am playing a lead role in a female-oriented film'

Vikram Bhatt spotted her in a Bengali film, and decided to cast her in his ambitious project Hate Story. When she first spoke to him, Paoli couldn't believe her luck.

'Why would I say no to this film? It's my first film in Bollywood, and I was playing a lead role in a female-oriented film, where the whole story revolves around me. The banner was big as well," Paoli justifies.

Set in the corporate world, the film has Paoli play an ambitious woman who's wronged by her own mentor, so she sets out to seek revenge. What follows, rather strangely, is her transformation into a hooker to destroy her nemesis.

Saif's next action-thriller film is an adaptation of French book

These are exciting times indeed for Saif Ali Khan. While he is all set to be seen in and as AGENT VINOD, he has started work on his other assignments as well. The one that has made to the top of his list is an action thriller which would be based on - hold your breath - a French comic book. He has already procured rights to adapt the book for a film remake and other logistics are fast being put together to bring it on floors. And this isn't all, as there is more to come, since there are strong indications of Anurag Basu directing the film.

''Yes, this film is indeed happening. It would be an intriguing affair since the comic book is set in the business world. This is a lethal combination because in any case Bollywood doesn't bring out many films that have a business background to them and yet follow the action thriller genre,' informs the source, 'Moreover to look at a French comic book for an adaptation would be quite farfetched for many. However Saif was hooked on to the storyline from start to finish and immediately decided to not just act in it but also produce it.''

The film is expected to be mounted on a huge scale and would be co-produced by Saif and 20th Century Fox. Also, there have been preliminary talks with Anurag Basu though he is yet to give his final nod of approval. Since both Saif as well as Anurag are currently busy with AGENT VINOD and BARFEE! respectively, they would be sitting across the table and take a final call in a few weeks from now.

''The role suits Saif to the T since being a suave, sophisticated and business like comes naturally to him. He is happy playing a variety of roles though and after films like AGENT VINOD, COCKTAIL, GO GOA GONE and RACE 2 and JUDWAA 2, this one is going to show him in a different light altogether. Saif can't wait to get started,'' says a close associate.

When contacted, Saif confirmed that the film is definitely on the anvil. He said, ''Yes, this is a great story and if it is done in the right way, it would be something unique. Beyond that it would be premature to talk about the director, cast members and other details. Let's wait for a while for the complete announcement.''

No more action films for Kareena

While her contemporaries like Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif are gung-ho about action flicks, Kareena Kapoor would rather stick to romance and drama on the big screen.

Never mind if she's already had a few thrills in her upcoming film Agent Vinod with beau Saif Ali Khan. If her own admission is any indication, she might not do an action flick again.

"The kind of action I've done in the film is more intriguing and thrilling than jumping out of buildings. I wouldn't do that because I don't enjoy it," she said, adding that beau Saif knows she doesn't like action.

"So he had asked that there should be minimal action for me. If I were offered another action film, I don't know if I'd do it. I like my romantic films like Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu and also Titanic, which I'm looking forward to seeing in the 3D format," she stated.

Agent Vinod is also special for Bebo as it's her first for Saif's production house. "It's his dream film, because he's been wanting to make a spy thriller... like a James Bond, Bourne trilogy and even Tintin. And it's important to me because he wanted me to be a part of it," she grinned.

Speaking about the reports of the budget and production going haywire after the film's first schedule in Morocco, the actress says that it didn't perturb them a bit. She doesn't shy away from admitting, "We're pretty much used to it. Any publicity is good publicity."

Now, Sriram Raghavan dabbles in sci-fi

After making a thriller, filmmaker Sriram Raghavan now wants to experiment with other genres and says his next directorial venture " Happy Birthday" will be a sci-fi movie.

Raghavan, who first made "Ek Hasina Thi" with Saif Ali Khan and Urmila Matondkar, is right now gearing up for the release of his spy thriller "Agent Vindo". Starring Saif in the lead role. The film is releasing Friday.

"I had finished certain amount of script of 'Happy Birthday'. I will reopen it in next two months. I have not worked on it for a while. Till 'Agent Vinod' releases, I am in this world. After that, I will think about it," Raghavan told IANS.

"'Happy Birthday' is a science fiction film. We wanted John and Aishwarya for it-two-and-a-half years back. Now I don't know what the status is," he added.

However, the reports were that "Happy Birthday" was to go on the floors even before " Agent Vinod", but Raghavan said: "I was not happy with the climax of 'Happy Birthday'. I was not sure about it earlier.

"I thought I will shoot the climax and leave it. But that was too risky to leave it like that. By the time I cracked the climax, I had two other projects in my hands including 'Agent Vinod'," the 48-year-old said.

Tusshar Kapoor’s getting into character

If you see actor Tusshar Kapoor looking a tad bit different in the next few days, don’t be taken aback. The actor is all set to grow a beard and incorporate a few other lifestyle changes to get into the skin of the character for an upcoming film, in which he plays a jail mate. Tusshar reveals that he has even been going to places like Dongri to imbibe the mannerisms and lingo of the locals there.

Tusshar is clearly going out of his way to do all this but the actor insists that he is only being professional. “My job in every film is to work on the personality of the character I play. Since I’m playing a jail mate in Shootout at Wadala now, I wanted to bring in the lean look. I’m following a very strict diet to get the desired look so I’m not being able to eat what I want to,” reveals the actor. That is not all, Tusshar adds, “I’ve not even cut my hair, I wanted to grow it to get the 1970’s look. I don’t style my hair or blow dry it — I’ve kept it completely natural.” Tusshar also reveals that actor John Abraham, who he is sharing screen space with in the film, is actually a school-time acquaintance. “But we were not close friends as such,” he is quick to add. “John was my senior in school. We had a lot of common teachers and friends though. We would be divided into different houses in school days — I was in the yellow house and John used to captain it. So ours was more of a team mate-captain relationship,” says Tusshar. Ask him if John and he discuss their school days and Tusshar says that they do talk about common friends. “We keep talking about how school used to be in our days and how it is now. A lot of our common actor friends are also from Bombay Scottish (where John and he studied). We chat about them also sometimes. And me being a workaholic and getting into shape, we discuss diets and workout regimes too these days,” says Tusshar.

Tusshar: I never blamed my audience for not liking my films

It seems that actor Tusshar Kapoor, whose last film CHAAR DIN KI CHANDNI failed miserably at the box office, seems to have learnt to shoulder the blame for the poor performance of his films.
    Talking about his film career Tusshar says, "I never blamed my audience for not liking my films. I made bad choices and finally I had to pull up my socks. At the same time, the best part is that the year 2011 was a good year; I enjoyed critical success with SHOR IN THE CITY and then of course, with the stupendous success of THE DIRTY PICTURE."
    Currently Tusshar is making sure that the films that he chooses does well at the box office. Though his debut as producer with CHAAR DIN KI CHAANDNI was not an encouraging option, the actor is focusing on doing films that can bring the best out of him.
    Adds Tusshar, "I would like my work to speak for myself. I don't believe in blowing one's own trumpet. However, I am sure my upcoming films are going to garner praise from the audiences."
    Currently Tusshar is busy shooting for SHOOTOUT AT WADALA and KYA SUPER KOOL HAIN HUM.

I don't want to get into direction: Tusshar Kapoor

Tusshar Kapoor, during his recent visit to Surat, reminded many of his father and yesteryear's actor Jeetendra's fetish for song and dance. Having enacted a song in his latest flick that reminds you of Jeetendra's films, Tusshar says, "I play the role of a Sikh who is from a royal background and the story revolves around the four days of my sister's wedding where I bring my girlfriend Chandni home."

This being his first co-production, Tusshar shares, "I'd rather call myself a part-producer or an investor because I invested in the film only after I saw it. So, basically, I have a share in the profits of the film."

Will he take up direction or get more into production in the coming days? "I haven't really planned anything. I don't want to get into direction. But if I get the right opportunity, setup, script and director, I would love to get into production." he shares.

On a high after The Dirty Picture won numerous awards, Tusshar says that he was pretty relaxed while doing those bold scenes, "It was comfortable for me because everything was well organized and the director knew what he wanted."

While most of his solo films have bombed at the box-office, Tusshar has been greatly appreciated while doing multi-starrers. Quiz him about this and he says, "Most of those solo film projects were by some of the first time directors and it's true that people remember the big multi-starrers that I've done, more. I have no qualms about doing multi-starrers because it really helps to have such a fantastic and supportive cast. It makes the film a complete package. It doesn't take anything away from an actor and at the same time, it does a lot of value addition to the movie, making it bigger. Besides, it's more fun while shooting because apart from work, you're much more entertained and focused because you don't miss having people around you."

Being a foodie, the mere mention of Surti food brings a smile on his face, "I've always wanted to try Surti food. It's my first visit to Surat and it's a clean city." He has high words of praise for people of Gujarat too. "Gujaratis don't care about what people would say or think. They are simple, unpretentious, honest and clean. I find them family oriented and that is one reason why our serials have worked, so well here. I also feel people in Gujarat love comedies a lot, which explains comedies doing so well here." he says on a parting note.

Kareena to perform at IPL opening ceremony

Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor will join the likes of Amitabh Bachchan, Prabhudeva, Priyanka Chopra, Salman Khan and international singer Katy Perry to add star power at the Indian Premier League (IPL) opening night in Chennai on April 3, 2012.

The 31-year-old will perform at the YMCA Grounds as part of the opening ceremony for IPL's fifth edition, an IPL release said.

Known for her performances in films as diverse as Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Omkara and Jab We Met, Kareena is well known for her vivacious on screen and stage presence.

The captains of the nine participating teams will also be present at the venue.

The IPL will be held from April 4 to May 27 and will feature 76 games across 12 locations.

The tickets for the star-studded opening night, featuring Katy Perry's maiden performance in India, are priced at Rs 1,500.

Read more at: Kareena to perform at IPL opening ceremony