View Poll Results: a

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 984 of 1620 FirstFirst ... 484884934974982983984985986994103410841484 ... LastLast
Results 9,831 to 9,840 of 16195

Thread: BOLLYWOOD (Hindi)

I did not smoke hookah: Vivek Oberoi

Actor Vivek Oberoi, who is facing a case under the Tobacco Act for allegedly smoking hookah at a city restaurant earlier this week, on Saturday claimed that he had not smoked or even had alcohol on the occasion.

Vivek and 23 others were booked under the Tobacco Act following a surprise check at a restaurant in suburban Vile Parle, where cops stumbled upon hookah smoking, which is banned in public areas.

"I was having a dinner at a five-star hotel, I have the bill and at least 25 witnesses to prove that there was neither any kind of smoking nor alcohol on my table. Unfortunately, actors have become soft targets for such sensational nonsense. This rubbish should stop. It is very hurtful and unfair," Vivek said in a statement.

The Social Service team of Mumbai police had visited Mabrook restaurant located in Sahara Hotel on Wednesday night.

Customers there were found smoking shisha, a blend of molasses, fruit and tobacco, police said.

The 35-year-old actor is incidentally an ambassador for World Health Organisation's anti-smoking movement.

According to the police, though Vivek had requested the officials to let him go as he had not smoked, cases were registered against all the customers under the Tobacco Act, and probe will reveal who had actually smoked hookah.

Reacting to reports, Vivek said, "I can't believe that some sections of the media can be so irresponsible. It is extremely disturbing...after 11 years of consistent hard work and commitment as an anti-tobacco ambassador, being awarded and recognised by the United Nations for my efforts, inspiring hundreds of young volunteers to join the anti-tobacco cause. They have damaged my reputation with such lies."

The Revenge of the Fallen – Priyanka Chopra ishtyle!

Mumbai: Priyanka Chopra and her alleged affair with Shah Rukh Khan had been the talk of the Tinsel Town for a long, long time. There were stories after stories, and each time Shah Rukh and Priyanka’s ‘friendship’ was painted in myriad hues. The fiasco reached a threatening crescendo – so much so, that wifey Gauri Khan had to put a noose around Shah Rukh’s neck and pull him away from Piggy Chops! And no, the quintessential wife didn’t stop merely at that. She made sure that the bone of contention in her marital life (read: Priyanka) was ostracized out and out.

And what ensued thereafter, was the inevitable. The husband went that extra mile to prove his loyalty to his wife, and the King treated Priyanka in an unbelievable way. Chopra, who was once seen by Shah Rukh’s side on every single social gathering, received the cold shoulder from Shah Rukh. In the most extreme sense conceivable. Of course, the act of ignoring her didn’t go down well with Priyanka. And thus began her crawl up the ladder of recognition.

Once she was roped in for ‘Krrish 3’, Priyanka cleverly manoeuvred her way. She got back into the limelight, and was seen working hard for the film – there was her first success. She had managed to redeem herself in the eyes of Hrithik Roshan. Thereafter, one by one she made peace with the people Shah Rukh is known to be at loggerheads with – yes, beginning with Salman Khan. At Riteish Deshmukh’s birthday party, Priyanka was seen hugging Salman. After Salman, it was the turn to win over the other Khan – Aamir. Priyanka, this time too, had Lady Luck by her side. She dropped in on Aamir on the sets of an ad film shoot, and surprised the actor. And before long, the two were seen in an animated tete-a-tete over tea.

Priyanka, no doubt, has proved her mettle. Both as an actor and as a peacemaker. What remains to be seen is the look on Shah Rukh’s face and the feelings in his heart when he finds out what his ex-‘good friend’ has been up to. Shock or surprise, we leave it to the actor to decide!

Manisha Koirala, back on screen?

Actress Manisha Koirala, who has been off the radar ever since her marriage to businessman Samrat Dahal, recently revealed that she was ready to make a comeback.

The actress was apparently going through some personal issues, with her marriage reportedly being in trouble, is now back to business.

Manisha,who is best known for her performances in films like Khamoshi, 1942: A Love Story, Bombay and Dil Se, announced that she was ready to make a comeback of sorts in Bollywood after a brief break.

“I will talk about my films later. Because I don't know when the directors and producers are ready to make an announcement. But there are three films, the scripts of which I have okayed. I am meeting two more directors, I’m okaying those scripts as well,” Manisha revealed at a recent event in Mumbai. The actor looked visibly excited to be back in the city and back to Bollywood.

Manisha further added, “This year I will be working on these films, so next year would be a kind of a comeback.”

Recently, there were rumours that suggested that filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar’s next film, Heroine was apparently based on Manisha’s life. While the filmmaker has denied all such allegations in thepast, Manisha seemed unfazed by the rumours doing the rounds.

In fact, when she was asked if she had heard about Madhur making a movie on her life, Manisha very calmly said, “I hope he knows me well enough to make a movie on me.”

Filmmakers offer an interesting palette of films during IPL

MUMBAI: Bollywood filmmakers have put up a brave act this year by lining up a string of big and small budget films for release in the next two months even as the cricket fever kicks off from April 4 with IPL season 5.

This year, films which will face the IPL, mainly include Sajid Khan's multi starrer comic caper, 'Housefull 2' (April 6), actor John Abraham's maiden home production 'Vicky Donor' (April 20), Viacom 18 Motion Pictures' 'Bittoo Boss' (April 20) and Vidhu Vinod Chopra's 'Ferrai Ki Sawari' (April 27).

On the risk of releasing a film during IPL, Sajid Khan told PTI, "Its OK to release a film during IPL..its a myth not to release a film during that time. IPL will also do well and even 'Housefull 2' will be a superhit film."

According to actor-turned-producer John Abraham, "the IPL opens very strong and dips in the middle after the first fortnight, and that is when we have decided to release the film. Because we know there is going to be a fatigue factor somewhere in the middle and we are going to cash in on that."

"It is not a social film (Vicky Donor)..its a commercial one. The concept of sperm donation is first of its kind, we needed it to be treated with care. We know that our target audience is mainly colleges. We will market this film effectively," he said.

Priyadarshan's action-thriller 'Tezz' (April 27), Emraan Hashmi-starrer 'Jannat 2' (May 4), Karisma Kapoor's comeback film 'Dangerous Ishq' (May 11), Yash Raj Films 'Ishaqzaade' (May 1 and Ram Gopal Varma's 'Department' (May 1 are other releases.

"This time around we have a fantastic variety of films lined up for release during IPL. Its great that filmmakers are not afraid of IPL anymore. Usually it is vacation time, summer holidays..so everyone wants to relax.. have a good time, so what better than a good dose of entertainment through movies," Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh said.

"This is a great trend as a mix of both big and small films are releasing during this time. Films should release whether IPL or no IPL," he said.

Now its wait and watch on who scores high on audience attention -- cricket or films.

Aaradhya Bachchan’s first trip abroad

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan makes a two-day trip to Dubai with her baby girl

Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's daughter, Aaradhya, left for her first trip abroad yesterday. Previously, she had taken her first flight - to Goa in February - with her parents for a three-day holiday.

Last morning, Ash left for the Dubai World Cup along with her baby girl. Says a source, "Ash has gone there for a brand event, which will take place at the Dubai World Cup, one of the fanciest horse race events in the world. Unfortunately, Abhishek wasn't able to accompany them due to work commitments in Mumbai. So Ash and the baby took the flight along with her mother Vrinda, the baby's nanny and her PR manager."

They will be staying at a luxury hotel in Dubai. Adds an insider, "The brand people have booked a private suite for Ash and her entourage. When she is at the event, the baby will be looked after by her grandmother and nanny. It was a commitment made by Ash a while ago, so she didn't want to back out."

According to the source, though the logistics of the trip were a nightmare with a baby on board, Ash couldn't bear to leave her behind. "Also, she is still nursing Aaradhya, who is nearly five months old. The trip was planned well in advance to get the baby's passport in order. Since this is the first time Aaradhya is travelling abroad, all necessary precautions have also been taken. They will return on Sunday."

Which actress doesn’t do bold scenes today: Paoli Dam

Bengali bombshell Paoli Dam talks about her her new lean look, her bold scenes and more

Bongshell Paoli Dam who's debuting in Vikram Bhatt's Hate Story, had to undergo a rigorous fitness schedule to look lean for the film. Paoli who's so far been talked about for her controversial, bold scenes in Bangla films, dismisses those scenes as something that "every actress is doing. Tell me which actress is not shedding her inhibitions today? What I have done in Hate Story or Chatrak is nothing new. When a character demands a certain look, you've got to do that for the film."

Paoli, a self-confessed foodie who loves her 'mach-bhat' everyday, was put on a 'high protein no carb diet' for two months. She says, "I really love food and enjoyed having mithais everyday, which I had to forego. I had food which was devoid of oil, spices, and sugar for two months. I only ateboiled fish and salad during that time. I also worked out four times in a day for an hour. I practically lived at the gym the whole day when I trained under Prashant Sawant who had put me on a very strict schedule." Paoli says that the leaner look is the global look and in Bollywood that's working too. "Back home in Kolkata, voluptuous women are fine on screen but Bollywood filmmakers do not want their heroines to show off an extra inch on their body. If you've got to look attractive for your onscreen character, then you need a figure like that."

She's also excited about the fact that the first teaser of her movie has created ripples of excitement and generated curiosity. As an actor Paoli is happy that she has been able to reinvent herself in Bollywood. She also feels that there was never a time when Bollywood films did not have bold scenes. "The unneccesary hoopla being created about a poster from my film is primarily because social media and other means of communication are hightlighting such things even more, otherwise Bollywood had bold heroines doing bold scenes before."

Ajay to star in SINGHAM sequel?

Ajay Devgn hit gold when he enjoyed the first solo 100 crore superhit in the form of SINGHAM last year. Now if things fall well in place, he could well be extending his winning run with the film's sequel.

''Though it is still way too early to make any declarations, there are strong indications that Ajay would feature in the film's sequel,'' says a source, ''This stems from the fact that Surya, who had featured in the original Tamil version SINGHAM, is now starting shoot of the sequel in a few weeks from now. While Hansika Motwani would be one of the leading ladies, there are talks of Anushka Shetty coming on board as well. Meanwhile there are strong feelers that Ajay would be an obvious choice for the Hindi remake since he took the subject to an altogether different level by bringing it on an all-India level.''
    However the film won't go on floors before next year since the Tamil version itself won't arrive before end of the year.
    ''Moreover there are other factors to be considered as well,'' says a trade veteran, 'Reliance had backed Hindi version of SINGHAM while Rohit Shetty had directed it. However there were issues that had cropped between the two during making of the film. It would be a challenge to have all three players (Ajay, Rohit and Reliance) together again.''

While one looks at how the battle shapes up for the film, Rohit Shetty is keeping mum on the sequel being made. While he was unavailable for comment, even sources close to Ajay weren't too forthcoming. When contacted, his close associate said, ''Nothing is happening as yet.''

For the sake of Ajay's fans, who are gearing up to watch him in other action entertainers like TEZZ and HIMMATWALA, one does hope the sequel happens

Sonakshi will be under cover

Balaji and Milan Luthria convince the actress to play Mandakini in Once Upon a Time... sequel. But minus the wet, white saree

Kunal M Shah kunal.shah@timesgroup.com

There has been intense speculation about who would be the leading lady of Once Upon A Time in Mumbai 2 after Kareena Kapoor walked out of the project, reportedly to accommodate Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film opposite Ranveer Singh.
    For a while, it was rumoured that Sonakshi Sinha had been roped in for the part opposite Akshay Kumar in the film. And Mirror can now confirm that she is the chosen one to have finally signed on the dotted line.
    A source close to the developments told us, "It is Sonakshi. She had been approached after Kareena walked out, but there were major date issues among other things. With Rowdy Rathore and Joker yet to be released, the actress wasn't sure if she wanted to do yet another film with Akshay and vice versa. Then again, Kangna's name started doing the rounds. However, after Ranveer's accident on the sets of Lootera, Sonakshi had a window of dates available, and finally agreed to do the film."
    Meanwhile, buzz is that Sonakshi had reservations about playing Dawood's girlfriend, Mandakini, which is why she took her own time making up her mind. Especially since she would have to appear in a very bold avatar, unlike her screen persona.
    Ribbed about it, our source said, "Sonakshi was in two minds about playing a character based on the Bollywood actress. That was coupled with the fact that she would have to ooze sexuality. However, all that has been taken care of now, and the makers have decided against the bold sequences. Sonakshi is perfectly happy with the film."
    The film is slated to go on floors in August as Akshay will start shooting for Ashish R Mohan's Khiladi 786 in May and Sonakshi will also know where exactly Lootera stands after Ranveer's recovery.
    The sequel to Once Upon a Time in Mumbai stars Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha and Imran Khan in lead roles and is directed by Milan Luthria. In spite of repeated attempts, Milan, Sonakshi and Ekta Kapoor remained unavailable for comments.

Housefull of plagiarists?

Abhijeet accuses Housefull 2 makers for using his composition in their film. Files complaint in High Court

Mehul S Thakkar mehul.thakkar@timesgroup.com

Abhijeet Bhattacharya, the singer who was once hailed as the voice of Shah Rukh Khan has filed a case in the Bombay High Court against T-Series head honcho Bhushan Kumar, music composers Sajid-Wajid and producer Sajid Nadiadwala. He has accused them of lifting a tune from his album Tere Bina that released about a decade ago and using it in one of the songs in the upcoming film Housefull 2 – The Dirty Dozen.
    According to Abhijeet, the song Do You Know in Housefull 2, has the same theme melody as his song Baje Jo Bansi Thama Karo. However, the singer stated that he has no intentions of stalling the release of the movie unlike what composer Ram Sampath did before the release of
    Krazzy 4.
    To Mumbai Mirror, Abhijeet said, “This is about the pain and agony. They (music composers Sajid-Wajid) haven’t copied the song. They have simply used the lead track of my composition some 30 times in the number. They are such good music directors, they could have simply asked me. I would have readily agreed.”
    Producer Sajid Nadiadwala, who will miss the premiere of Housefull 2 since he has to be present at court for the hearing was equally outraged by Abhijeet’s allegation. “It comes as a big surprise and he has sung so many songs for me. I guess filing court cases have become a common habit before a film’s release. We are a part of the same fraternity and this thing could have been sorted out in a more amicable manner. What is the point of spoiling things?"”said Nadiadwala.
    Abhijeet, on the other hand, believes that things have already been spoilt. “I don’t want money or fame. I don’t want them to give me credit. Neither do I intend to stop the release of the film. Bahut log copy karte hain. But itni besharmi badh gayi hai. They can simply meet me and apologise. I am fine with that. But these people need to be punished,” Abhijeet told Mirror angrily.

Abhijeet (left) has lodged a legal complaint against T-Series head Bhushan Kumar, composers Sajid Wajid (centre) and producer Sajid Nadiadwala (right)