Page 2 of 657 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: ♛★✪ Salman Khan Official Thread-King of Blockbuster ✪★♛

[size=24]A life less ordinary[\size]

In an exclusive interview, Salman Khan (who's normally allergic to interviews) has a free-wheeling chat with Seema Sinha about marriage, love, acting, SRK and yes, John Abraham

Salman Khan
    Salman Khan takes you by surprise when you ask him whether he plans to tie the knot soon. "Marriage? I don't know. Did you know when you would get married?" is his spontaneous reaction. After a pause he adds, "Are you married? No? Then get married, what are you doing?" Finally, he gets down to answering the question: "Jab hoti hai shaadi toh ho jaati hai. (When marriage has to happen, it happens.)"

He seems to be in the mood to go on, on the topic of marriage. "There are various reasons and ways one would get married. It could be for love, it could be arranged, or then it could be for children. I know the reason why I would get married, or why I wouldn't get married. You choose one appropriate reason and get married. You marry first and then I will follow suit." (This last is accompanied by a mischievous grin.)

It's only acting, not rocket science

Salman's casual yet committed approach is appreciated by his directors. "I never rehearse. I believe in giving the final shot in the first or second take, and that makes my director happy," he shrugs.

Ask him about the changes he has got into his style of acting, particularly in the different genres of films like Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Khamoshi and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, David Dhawan's Judwaa and Biwi No 1, Sohail Khan's Hello Brother, and Salman retorts, "What change in acting style? I've been the same since I was born. Acting is no rocket science, you don't need to be an Einstein to act. It has to come from the heart. Dil se feel karke acting jab karte hain to woh acting nahin kehlati, natural lagta hai. (When you feel from the heart and perform, it looks natural.)"

A FRIEND IN NEED

There are an umpteen number of stories that keep circulating in the film industry about Salman's loyalty towards his family and friends. Yet today he wouldn't like to add any new name to this list. "It takes a lot of time — 10, 12, 15, 20, 40 years — to build a relationship. I have not made any new friend in a long time now, I only have acquaintances. And I don't need anyone either as I have my brothers, Sohail and Arbaaz, my sisters, Alvira and Arpita, my parents, Helen aunty, David Dhawan, Sajid Nadiadwala. We are okay," he smiles.

* "Arre, milte nahin hain endorsements, karna kaun nahin chahta? (I don't get offers). The corporates don't want to touch me, may be because there are cases against me"

Salman has worked with many lesser-known filmmakers just because he has 'liked them'. You never hear of him stealing roles from his contemporaries, chopping their roles or sucking up to the big banners. I work with anyone who comes with a good script, and has grey matter. The most important thing is that I should like the person, only then I sign a film with him. I need to spend 15 to 20 days with that person, 15 to 20 days even before I commit to him. And once I feel ki main unko jhel sakta hoon aur woh mujhe jhel sakte hain (I can work with him and he can work with me), then I say 'yes' to the project. After all, I am also not a great human being."

Salman is one of the few top stars who has worked with many new heroines, even at the peak of his career. "I don't get into that department, I leave that to my producer and director," he says, sounding disinterested.

THE MANY FACES OF SALLU

At any point of his career has any actress or filmmaker refused to work with him? "First of all, I won't give anyone a chance to do so. Main aisa mauka hi nahin doonga. But if such a time comes when I'm not in the top bracket, I will make sure that I don't work with any producer, director or actor who acts as if he/she is doing me a favour by working with me. I will refuse these films," he says.

"I have several other options in life. I know how to cook, I know farming, hamaali, I can paint, I'm a sharp person, I can also write. Mere haath paav salamat hai (I'm hale and hearty). So don't worry about me," he adds.

DEAN JOHN...

Diplomacy is something that Salman has never handled well. It's just not his cup of tea. He recently showed his disapproval for his co-star of Baabul and Salaam-e-Ishq, John Abraham. John is "politically correct" was one of the reasons for the differences with the other actor. "He keeps calling me his senior as if I were some kind of dinosaur. We don't talk to each other, beyond a 'hello' when we meet," says Salman.

Ask him if he missed playing the character Prem in Sooraj Barjatya's latest flick, Vivaah, and he promptly quips, "No, they missed me."

KHAN I BEAT SRK?

There is only Salman Khan who has constantly battled Shah Rukh Khan at the box-office. And even though they share a cordial relationship, Salman made a dig at SRK for over-publicising his film Don to the extent where people didn't even know that a film called Jaaneman was also releasing along with it. "After all Shah Rukh Khan had a release with me and it can't happen that a Salman Khan film does well and Shah Rukh's film flops. Iss baar hum thoda fail ho gaye (this time I failed) But I love SRK," he smiles.

"I don't mind rivalry as long it's healthy and does not get malicious. With competition, I will get more serious. If at present I'm giving 2 per cent, I will give 3 per cent with competition at hand," he grins.

* "John keeps calling me his senior as if I were some kind of dinosaur. We don't talk to each other, beyond a 'hello', when we meet"

The naughty streak in Salman has never remained hidden. When asked what kind of roles would he like to essay now after crossing 40, he says, "Now I would like to play a college student who would come home screaming, Maa, maa, main first class first aaya hoon. Then I would like to play an MA, LLB student, but that will come next, maybe after 15 to 20 years!" And then bursts into laughter.

His romantic side never remains hidden either. He says, "Appreciating good music is like falling in love. Just the way you want to see a girl you like, again and again, you want to hum a good tune again and again."

NOT AN AD-ICT

Despite being one of the top-notch stars for several years, Salman has not done many endorsements as compared to his contemporaries. Why? "Arre, milte nahin hain endorsements, karna kaun nahin chahta? (I don't get offers). The corporates don't want to touch me, may be because there are cases against me. I guess they are right in doing so. But I endorse what I like to endorse, I don't do it just for money. I wear Dollar vest, I wear Red Tape shoes. I believe that if I wear these things only then my fans will wear them too," he says.

David Dhawan's Partner, Rumi Jaffrey's God Tussi Great Ho, Hollywood flick, Marigold are few of Salman's forthcoming releases. "I can sign more films if I want, but I'm taking it easy now," he says.

A BEAUTIFUL LIFE

It looks like Salman is slowing down, trying to control his unpredictability. "Yes, I have become a less erratic than what I was earlier," he confesses.

At a gaming event held some time back in Mumbai, someone asked him if life was a game and we were all players. To this, he replied promptly, "I don't know. I feel that life is beautiful. Kisiki zindagi lambi hoti hai toh kisiki chhoti (some live longer whereas some have short life). But one should live life kingsize."
    Doston
    Na Koi Manzil Hai Na Koi Saathi Hai ...
    Phir Bhi Nikal Pada Hoon Ghar Se ...
    Shaayad Jiski Talaash Hai ..
    Vohi Saathi Hai Vohi Manzil Hai ...
    Hit It

Default Re: ~~~~My Thread for Salman Khan ~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Balram
    Quote Originally Posted by DudE
    Quote Originally Posted by Balram
    share ur views abt the Gr8 khan ... if u want ... :)
    ninde mugathottingane thuppano :P:P
    ninakanganeyokke thonum prayathinteya :P

ninakkanganokke thonnum ... enthu cheyyam vyavarakkedu thanne ... :P:P
    Doston
    Hit It

Quote Originally Posted by nettooran
    Salmante girl friendsinte photos postingum gossippukalum okkeyanenkil njanum koodam :P :P .Veruthe Salmane kurichu samsarikkananenkil ente patti varum
    avataril nalle aishwaryamollu thozhunna photo.pakshe kaiilirippu onnum sheriallla. kochu kalla.......

Quote Originally Posted by sethuramaiyer
    Salmante girl friendsinte photos postingum gossippukalum okkeyanenkil njanum koodam :P :P .Veruthe Salmane kurichu samsarikkananenkil ente patti varum
    avataril nalle aishwaryamollu thozhunna photo.pakshe kaiilirippu onnum sheriallla. kochu kalla.......

salmane kurichonnum parayanilley ???
    Doston
    Hit It

Nalla theri parayanm ennundu ..pakshe athivide pattillalo
    Slamante girlfriendsil munpundayirunnathum puthiyathum ....ettavum nalla sathanam etha? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggu5AHV7d-E

a glimpse of Salman's one of finest works ... tere naam ... ;) ...
    Doston
    Hit It

Nalla theri parayanm ennundu ..pakshe athivide pattillalo
    Slamante girlfriendsil munpundayirunnathum puthiyathum ....ettavum nalla sathanam etha? :P

ivide enthum pattum ... pinne theri vilikkunnathokke ... lesham sense undakkanam ... ninde aa buffoon khanekal(SRK) enthukondum bedham ... Salman Khan ..

now comin to his Gfs ... katrina alle puli ... ;)

Doston
    Hit It

plese give ur vote... :P

http://www.pollwizard.com/poll.php?p...&action=Submit

srk-384
    amir-174
    salman-148

proving again and again....SRK is real king khan..

no multiple votes allowed in this poll....as they records each IP....!!

so dont say spaming..etc like things..ok... :P

Chottamumbaiku undayiruna vila kalanju etho onaka poll athil india's best actor ?
    enittu kizhangan bollywood actors..appo lalettanum,kamal hassanum onum indian actor alle ...kashtam ...

Kullan salmanum oru thread kalikalam ...salaman okke out ayitu varshangal ayi ...
    kizhangante comedy anu sahikan vayathathu
    "Love is seeing God in the person next to us.Meditation is seeing God within Us..."