1 0.32%
  • AC Milan

5 1.59%
  • Bayern Munich

1 0.32%
  • Juventus

1 0.32%
  • 178 56.51%
Page 341 of 863 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441841 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 8621

Thread: ⚽️ ⚽️ Football Thread ⚽️ World of Football ⚽️

Guardiola on Eto'o: The decisions mine

Roger Boguny

Josep Guardiola takes full responsibility for developments with Samuel Etoo. He says the decision to do without the player is due to feeling and has nothing to do with football or behaviour issues.

As was to be expected, the first question at his press conference was about whether Samuel Eto'o is to stay at Bara. Guardiola made things clear: Without him we wouldnt have done what we did last year. There are no football or personal or behaviour issues here. Its just a feeling I have. I think there is a need for change. Maybe Im wrong but its my responsibility and decision.

Eto'o is exemplary

Guardiola had not one bad word to say about the striker. He said Etoo is an exemplary player willing to play out of position on the wing and a marvellous footballer. He thinks Etoo was crucial in winning the treble and is very grateful for all hes done for Bara over the last five years.

He also did not criticise his character: There are no personal issues and Im not here to change his character. Doing without the player is just a feeling I have.

I think there is a need for change

He didnt specify what he meant by this, but did refer to lots of things that bring it about. After winning what weve won and after five years, I think we need to change things which my experience as a footballer tells me we need to change. In other words, teams which win things need to change.

Takes full responsibility

Guardiola is aware that Eto'o has the whip hand - hes fully entitled to accept or reject Inters offer, and if he stays well cross that bridge when we come to it but he knows that this is the type of decision he has to take as a manager. Its my responsibility, he said. Maybe Im wrong and maybe it wont work out.

Wants just one 9'

Guardiola was asked if hed thought about signing Ibrahimovic if Eto'o stays. Were rich, but not that rich, he replied with a smile. It wont happen. You dont want too many players in key positions and both of them are starters.

Indian national side at Camp Nou

The national soccer team of India is in Barcelona for a training camp on the FCB facilities. On Tuesday they visited the club museum.

Tuesday morning was a rest period for the Indian national side. The side coached by Bob Houghton has been in Barcelona since July 5 to train on the FC Barcelona grounds. This morning they took a break from normal routine to visit the famous stadium. We are in Barcelona preparing for the Asian Cup. We love being here because Bara have such excellent training facilities said Englishman Houghton.

Big fans of Bara and Messi

At eleven oclock the internationals were given a tour of the stadium, including the changing rooms, pressroom and the pitch. The players were all aware that the turf is currently being replanted, and took advantage of this to take pictures of the field in such unusual circumstances. But where the cameras really started clicking was in the museum, where the three trophies won in the treble are on display. Said Houghton, there are a lot of Bara supporters in this team. Because they arent all that tall, the player they most identify with is Messi.

In Barcelona until August 6

The Indians are staying at Hotel Princesa Sofiaand are on a strict training programme, using the Masia pitch. They will be in Barcelona until August 6, when they return to New Delhi for a tournament. It is very important for us because the Indian team has never been here before, commented manager Pradip Choudhury. The side has three friendly matches in the next few weeks against UE Castelldefels, AE el Prat and Sant Boi FC.

Mourinho: Only A 'Stupid Coach' Would Be Unhappy With The Eto'o - Ibrahimovic Deal

The 'Special One' has broken his silence to comment on what he thinks is the deal of the summer...

25 Jul 2009 08:38:49

Photo Gallery
    Zoom

Mourinho - Juventus-Inter Serie A (Grazia Neri)
    Related Links

Teams

Players

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has revealed his delight with the Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Samuel Eto'o [COLOR=#0464D1 ! important][COLOR=#0464D1 ! important]deal[/COLOR][/COLOR], claiming only a stupid coach would be unhappy with the transfer.

The mega-deal is virtually complete following developments between the clubs on Friday - the signatures and an official announcement are expected early next week. Mourinho has come out of the shadows to give his views on what he claims is a bigger transfer than Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid.

"Only a stupid coach would not be happy to have Samuel Eto'o and only a stupid coach would be happy to lose Ibrahimovic. I am very happy to have Eto'o," Mourinho told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

"I thought Ibrahimovic would stay because I thought only Real Madrid would be crazy enough to go for him, instead it was Barcelona.

"I think this deal is extraordinary. It's worth €100 million. It's the deal of the summer.

"For me this is a €100m deal. Eto'o is worth as much as Ibrahimovic."

The Nerazzurri will receive around €48m and the Cameroon star for Ibrahimovic. The very latest reports suggest the deal may become official either on Monday or Tuesday. On Friday afternoon, after long negotiations between both clubs, Barcelona announced the deal as "complete".

Barcelona enthu kandittaanavo ee deal nadathiyathu?

Ibrahimovic = Eto'o + 48 million Euros ..

Is he that good? ..

Anyways, I think this is one of the most foolish deals that will ever take place. Eto'o is a proven goal scorer and has excelled both on domestic and Eurpean stages. Ibrahimovic is yet to find his scoring boots in UEFA champions league..

Barcelona might fail this year only die to this one big absurdity...

putiya season tudangarayille....
    ithu vare nadann major exchanges and transfers okke arelum onnu idamo?
    Today's Gold rate: https://www.gold.co.uk/gold-price/gold-price-today/

Today's exchange rate: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

Today's Drishyam final collection : www.pushpullservice.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gl7nyvb2YE]YouTube - Zlatan Ibrahimovic Official Barcelona Presentation at Camp Nou July 2009! HQ[/ame]

chelsea pre-season matches......

Seattle Sounders vs. Chelsea Video Highlights & Interviews (18th Jul 09)

YouTube - Chelsea vs Inter Milan 2-0 / Friendly - (July 22) HQ

YouTube - AC Mian vs Chelsea 1-2 All Goals & Highlights

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS87llM3h-4]YouTube - Chelsea vs America 2-0 FINAL WORLD FOOTBALL CHALLENGE 2009 TELEVISA DEPORTES[/ame]

WORLD'S GREATEST SOCCER TEAM EVER!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZxvYy5-ekI&NR=1]YouTube - Brasil 1982 - The 11 Greatest Goals of Brasil 1982's Magic 11[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROGIgJU_w8&feature=related]YouTube - Zico vs Maradona[/ame]