• Bayern Munich

1 0.32%
  • Juventus

1 0.32%
  • 178 56.51%
Page 839 of 862 FirstFirst ... 339739789829837838839840841849 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 8620

Thread: ⚽️ ⚽️ Football Thread ⚽️ World of Football ⚽️

BREAKING: Wreckage of plane carrying Emiliano Sala and his pilot David Ibbotson has been found.

Banned

August 2015: Only ?8m of Etihad's ?67.5 sponsorship "should be funded directly by Etihad and ?59.5 by [ManCity owner] ADUG": Was it that simple for Manchester City to break Financial Fair Play rules?
    http://m.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/foot...-167278-8.html

Exclusive excerpts from the #FootballLeaks data! This is how Manchester City planned to inflate Abu Dhabi sponsorships: Aabar signs up for 15m sponsorship, but "His Highness" apparently provides 12m of that:
    http://m.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/foot...ke-167278.html

Now the Uefa investigators are in an extraordinary situation: they could actually access internal documents from Manchester City.*For that they would have to ask Rui Pinto.*The 30-year-old whistleblower on the Football Leaks platform is already cooperating with several European law enforcement agencies.*Pinto has stated in interviews that he could support Uefa with his data.*But so far, neither the association itself, nor its commission has reported to him or one of his lawyers.*This raises the question of how serious the investigators really are.

Use Google translate
    http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball...mpression=true

Manchester City*has against the rules of the*Financial Fair Play (FFP) of the Uefa*violated and it collects a lenient sentence in, 2014.*But the association investigators at that time hid the true extent of the trickery.*Accordingly, the English club seems to have feigned significantly higher income in order to afford even more expensive investments and player transfers.*According to FFP rules, revenue and expenditure are roughly balanced.
    The leaflet leaflet*Football Leaks*suggests that much of the sponsorship money from Abu Dhabi companies did not flow into the club from the companies themselves.*The main sponsor, the renowned airline Etihad, apparently did not pay the contractually promised hundreds of millions of euros for years - but only eight million a year.
    The rest was apparently shot down by the club owner.*Etihad has denied the allegations.*In principle, Manchester City does not comment on football leaks and declares that it is facing an attempt to damage its reputation.*The SPIEGEL documents were hacked or stolen and taken out of context.

SPIEGEL revelations last November, Uefa has now taken the opportunity to take a closer look at Manchester City again.*The reports are based on in-club records provided by the Football Leaks disclosure platform to SPIEGEL and the European Search Network European Investigative Collaborations (EIC).*Some excerpts from these documents are now available for the first time in the following image gallery:
    [Open link to view the gallery containing upto 9 leaked documents]
    Use Google translate

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball...mpression=true

@Perumthachan

Manchester City owners considering investment in Indian club

City Football Group (CFG), the company that owns Manchester City, are considering buying a club in India, according to their chief executive Ferran Soriano.
    CFG own New York City and Melbourne City as well as the Premier League club, and also have shares in four other sides around the world.
    The group bought a share in Chinese team Sichuan Jiuniu just two weeks ago, and Soriano says they are now set to invest in India.
    "We have some interest in some markets and countries where there is a genuine football passion and opportunities, like China, but also India," said Soriano. "So there might be other opportunities in Asia.
    "With all these developments, we have to be patient. We've been looking at India for nearly two years now. I'd say this year we'll end up doing an investment in India."

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    @Perumthachan

Manchester City owners considering investment in Indian club

City Football Group (CFG), the company that owns Manchester City, are considering buying a club in India, according to their chief executive Ferran Soriano.
    CFG own New York City and Melbourne City as well as the Premier League club, and also have shares in four other sides around the world.
    The group bought a share in Chinese team Sichuan Jiuniu just two weeks ago, and Soriano says they are now set to invest in India.
    "We have some interest in some markets and countries where there is a genuine football passion and opportunities, like China, but also India," said Soriano. "So there might be other opportunities in Asia.
    "With all these developments, we have to be patient. We've been looking at India for nearly two years now. I'd say this year we'll end up doing an investment in India."
    Could be Blasters, as Girona and Melbourne City played against them last pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    Could be Blasters, as Girona and Melbourne City played against them last pre-season.
    Will be great

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    @Perumthachan Manchester City owners considering investment in Indian club City Football Group (CFG), the company that owns Manchester City, are considering buying a club in India, according to their chief executive Ferran Soriano. CFG own New York City and Melbourne City as well as the Premier League club, and also have shares in four other sides around the world. The group bought a share in Chinese team Sichuan Jiuniu just two weeks ago, and Soriano says they are now set to invest in India. "We have some interest in some markets and countries where there is a genuine football passion and opportunities, like China, but also India," said Soriano. "So there might be other opportunities in Asia. "With all these developments, we have to be patient. We've been looking at India for nearly two years now. I'd say this year we'll end up doing an investment in India."
    CFG-yude keezhil clubs nokkiyaal city enna vakkulla clubs aanu avar prefer cheyunne... New York City, Melbourne City... ofcourse, japan, uruguay, spain, china, ividokke clubs vaangiyappo avide oru clubinmum city enna peru illaayirunnu... coming to isl, we have mumbai city, pune city are the 2 clubs if that criteria is taken into consideration... last season sorriano had attended a mumbai city match... i would prefer city to take up mumbai or bengaluru clubs... the football culture in those cities are huge potential...

Banned

Matthew Syed (Times)

I would love to meet the staff in Manchester City?s sponsorship department. They must be geniuses down there. *They have taken a relatively small club in global terms, with a smallish fanbase, and turned them into a commercial powerhouse with no precedent in organised sport.*

*Companies that have had no association whatever with football, and for whom the commercial upsides are quite obscure (at least to me) have been falling over themselves to sign deals with the club.* ?To talk well and eloquently is a very great art,? Mozart once said. Well, the guys at the sponsorship office must be positively Shakespearean.

Deals with, among other companies, Etihad Airways, Etisalat and Visit Abu Dhabi, have been negotiated and signed. *Money has poured into the club*like water into the Niagara Basin. If nothing else, I would love to have seen the PowerPoint presentation that persuaded Aabar to invest so lavishly. This is an investment company based in Abu Dhabi with holdings in aviation, energy, manufacturing and technology, so you can totally see that they would be keen to throw millions into a football club in northwest England.*

*City like to tell us that they are now a global franchise, with a worldwide audience and unlimited aspirations.* This, after all, is the explanation for how the club have managed to finance some of the most extravagant expenditure in the history of sport. It is all coming from their own self-generated revenues, partnerships with companies looking for a ?synergistic association?.

*And yet, if so, why do so many of these partners conform to such a curious pattern? For a club with such global reach, why do such a high percentage of sponsors seem to hail from a tiny sliver of land situated between Oman and Qatar? It is like in Harold Pinter?s play*The Caretaker, where the tramp keeps repeating the phrase, ?I gotta go to Sidcup.? City?s sponsorship department gotta go to Abu Dhabi.*

Perhaps the tone of this column is a tad sarcastic, but then I have always found the City project rather fantastical. The football is beautiful but the balance sheet has long seemed more like something from a Gilbert & Sullivan farce.

For years, we have been expected to believe that a club owned by a chap with untold wealth, and which has spent without inhibition, has been operating on a purely commercial basis. Nothing to see here, guv. Now, of course, the club are in the midst of an investigation by Uefa. The original allegations from last November by*Der Spiegel*were strongly denied by the club. Last week, more leaked documents emerged, including one pertaining to Aabar, that financial investment company. An email from director Simon Pearce allegedly said: ?As we discussed, the annual direct obligation for Aabar is ?3 million. The remaining ?12 million required will come from His Highness.?

The allegation, then, is that the sums transferred by Aabar were gerrymandered by Sheikh Mansour, the owner, who was providing vast subsidies in defiance of Uefa rules. The implication is that City?s sponsorship department, far from being candidates for a gushing case study in the*Harvard Business Review, are really a back-office function channelling illicit funds through plausible front companies.

In a different email, Graham Wallace, then City?s chief operating officer and who was writing in September 2012, allegedly wrote: ?What we therefore need is that monies we are attributing to [City?s sponsors] Etisalat, ADTA, Aabar and Etihad . . . are physically remitted to us by those businesses . . . to avoid any related party influence/control considerations.?

This is not the only inquiry City are facing, of course. They may also be the subject of an FA inquiry after it was alleged that they misled the governing body over the third-party ownership of a player, Bruno Zuculini. Just last week, we also discovered that the FA will be investigating allegations that Manchester City paid Jadon Sancho?s agent ?200,000 in connection with the England forward?s move from Watford when he was 14.

Now, I should state two things clearly. The first is that I have nothing against City per se. They play beautiful football and have some wonderful fans. The second is that City strenuously deny all the accusations, sticking to the mantra they have trotted out since last year. ?We will not be providing any comment on out-of-context materials purported to have been hacked or stolen from City Football Group and Manchester City personnel and associated people. The attempt to damage the Club?s reputation is organised and clear.? They are nothing if not consistent.

But one?s admiration for the way City play football should not shade into the acceptance of shady behaviour off the pitch, if such behaviour can be proved via due process. *And neither should one?s disagreement with the strictures of Financial Fair Play, which favours established clubs at the expense of arrivistes such as City, shade into condoning the serial violation of those same strictures. If you want to change the rules, you should lobby to do so, not break them instead.*

*And that is why if City are found guilty they should not be given the customary slap on the wrist, but thrown out of the Champions League. That would deprive the competition of a wonderful team, but it would also send an important message that the powerful and wealthy are sometimes inclined to forget. Rules only make sense if they are enforced.*

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/s...ilty-wlxpwfqrn

hahaha.... kalichu thoppikaan pattaathinte vishamam!!!!

Banned

Since Manchester City got funded by illegal sponsorship deals from Abu Dhabi! (Since 2008-09)

Overall Spend
    MCI 1401m
    MUN 863m

Net spend
    MCI 986m
    MUN 539m

Major Honours
    MCI 3 PL , 1 FA Cup
    MUN 3 PL, 1 Europa League, 1 FA Cup

Head to head
    Manutd 13 wins , 11 loss, 3 draws!

And mancity have violated FFP rules since inception to become what they are now! Without violating these rules n having illegal sponsorship money, many of their titles would be non-existent!

Banned

Loui Pappan retires from Coaching! Thanks for all good memories Van Gaal

Loui Van Gaal's red army

Rashford
    Thank you for opening the door & trusting in me. Enjoy retirement boss 👌🏾 https://t.co/OqrEodNlz0

Martial
    Thanks for everything coach !! It was a honor to learn from you! 🙌🏾 https://t.co/G1dYi1UJv0

Lingard
    I?ll never forget the trust you had in me. I owe you so much. Thank you, boss! https://t.co/NravJEELxr

Fosu Mensah
    I owe this man a lot. He gave me my debut at @manutd and I learned a lot from him. I'll always be grateful for that. Thank you and I wish you a happy retirement👍🏾 https://t.co/dufxYjiw8h