• Bayern Munich

1 0.32%
  • Juventus

1 0.32%
  • 178 56.51%
Page 858 of 862 FirstFirst ... 358758808848856857858859860 ... LastLast
Results 8,571 to 8,580 of 8620

Thread: ⚽️ ⚽️ Football Thread ⚽️ World of Football ⚽️

ഹൈസ്കൂൾ വരെ പഠിച്ച മെസ്സി , സ്കൂളിൽനിന്ന് പുറത്തായ ക്രിസ്റ്റ്യാനോ ! ഫുട്ബോൾ താരങ്ങളുടെ പഠിപ്പെത്ര?

Lionel Messi. Photo Credit : Alfredo Estrella / AFP

ഫുട്ബോൾ താരങ്ങളിൽ പലരും വളരെ ചെറുപ്പകാലത്തിൽ തന്നെ കളിയിൽ തങ്ങൾക്കുള്ള കഴിവ് മനസ്സിലാക്കി അതിലേക്കു തിരിയുന്നവരാണ്. എങ്കിൽ പോലും ഇവരിൽ പലരും വിദ്യാഭ്യാസ രംഗത്തു വലിയ നേട്ടങ്ങൾ സ്വന്തമാക്കിയിട്ടുണ്ട്. ഇക്കൂട്ടത്തിൽ ഏറ്റവും തിളങ്ങുന്ന ഉദാഹരണം സോക്രട്ടീസിന്റേതാണ്. ബ്രസീലിന്റെ ഏറ്റവും മികച്ച മിഡ്ഫീൽഡർമാരിലൊരാളും 1982 ഫിഫ വേൾഡ് കപ്പിലെ ക്യാപ്റ്റനുമായിരുന്നു സോക്രട്ടീസ്. അദ്ദേഹം മെഡിക്കൽ വിദ്യാഭ്യാസം പൂർത്തീകരിച്ച ഒരു ഡോക്ടറായിരുന്നു. അതോടൊപ്പം തന്നെ ഡോക്ടറേറ്റും അദ്ദേഹം നേടിയിട്ടുണ്ട്.

Socrates. Photo Credit : Andre Penner / AP Photo

അർജന്റീനയിലെ റൊസാരിയോവിലുള്ള എസ്ക്വേല ലാസ് ഹെറാസ് എന്ന സ്കൂളിലായിരുന്നു മെസ്സിയുടെ പ്രാഥമിക വിദ്യാഭ്യാസം.
    മെസ്സിയുടെ ഒരു ടീച്ചർ അദ്ദേഹത്തെ വിശേഷിപ്പിച്ചതിങ്ങനെ അവൻ ഒരു ശാന്തനായ കുട്ടിയായിരുന്നു. എന്നാൽ എപ്പോഴും ഒരു ഫുട്ബോളുമായായിരുന്നു അവന്റെ വരവ്. ആ ടീച്ചർ അന്നറിഞ്ഞിരിക്കില്ല ലോകഫുട്ബോളിലെ ഏറ്റവും വലിയ ഇതിഹാസതാരങ്ങളിലൊരാളായി വളരേണ്ടയാളാണു തന്റെ മുന്നിലിരിക്കുന്ന കുട്ടിയെന്ന്. ഈ സ്കൂൾ 2015ൽ മെസ്സിയുടെ വലിയൊരു ചിത്രം തങ്ങളുടെ ഭിത്തിയിൽ പെയിന്റ് ചെയ്തത് വാർത്തകളിൽ ഇടം നേടിയിരുന്നു. പ്രൈമറി സ്കൂൾ വിദ്യാഭ്യാസം പൂർത്തീകരിച്ച ശേഷം മെസ്സി ബാർസിലോനയിലേക്കു പോയി. അവിടെ ബാർസിലോന ക്ലബ്ബിന്റെ ആഭിമുഖ്യത്തിൽ നടത്തുന്ന ലിയോൺ തേർത്തീൻ എന്ന സ്കൂളിലായിരുന്നു പിന്നീട് പഠനം. താൻ ഹൈസ്കൂൾ തലം വരെയാണു പഠിച്ചിട്ടുള്ളതെന്ന് മെസ്സി വ്യക്തമാക്കിയിരുന്നു. ഇംഗ്ലണ്ടിന്റെ സൂപ്പർതാരം ഹാരി കെയ്നും ഹൈസ്കൂൾ വിദ്യഭ്യാസമാണുള്ളത്.

പതിനാലാം വയസ്സിലാണ് പോർച്ചുഗീസ്താരം ക്രിസ്റ്റ്യാനോ റൊണാൾഡോ സ്കൂളിൽ നിന്നു പുറത്താക്കപ്പെട്ടത്.തന്റെ കുടുംബത്തിന്റെ സാമ്പത്തിക സ്ഥിതിയെ ഒരു സ്കൂൾ ടീച്ചർ കളിയാക്കിയത് ക്രിസ്റ്റ്യാനോയെ ചൊടിപ്പിച്ചു. അധ്യാപകനു നേർക്ക് ക്രിസ്റ്റ്യാനോ ഒരു കസേര വലിച്ചെറിഞ്ഞതാണു പുറത്താകലിനു വഴിവച്ചത്.

Romelu Lukaku. Photo Credit : Fabio Ferrari / AP

ഈ ലോകകപ്പിൽ ബെൽജിയം ടീമിൽ ഉൾപ്പെട്ട റൊമേലു ലുക്കാക്കു ചെറിയൊരു ബുജിയാണ്. ബെൽജിയത്തിലെ ഡി പോൾ സർവകലാശാലയിൽ നിന്ന് പബ്ലിക് റിലേഷൻസിൽ മാസ്റ്റേഴ്സ് ബിരുദം നേടിയ ലുക്കാക്കുവിന് പലഭാഷകൾ വശമുണ്ട്. ഇംഗ്ലണ്ട്, ഫ്രഞ്ച്, ഡച്ച്, പോർച്ചുഗീസ്, ഇറ്റാലിയൻ, സ്പാനിഷ്, സ്വാഹിലി തുടങ്ങിയവ ഇതിൽ ഉൾപ്പെടും.

Andres Iniesta. Photo Credit : Albert Gea / Reuters

സ്പെയിനിന്റെ ലോകപ്രശസ്ത പ്ലേമേക്കറും ലോകകപ്പ് നേടിയ സംഘത്തിലെ അംഗവുമായിരുന്ന ആൻഡ്രേ ഇനിയേസ്റ്റയ്ക്ക് ഇരട്ട ബിരുദങ്ങളുണ്ട്. ഒന്ന് ബയോളജിയിലും മറ്റൊന്ന് സ്പോർട്സ് സയൻസിലുമാണ്. മാഞ്ചസ്റ്റർ സിറ്റിയുടെ മുൻക്യാപ്റ്റനും ബെൽജിയൻ ടീമിൽ അംഗവുമായിരുന്ന വിൻസെന്റ് കോംപനി എംബിഎ ബിരുദധാരിയാണ്. 2019ൽ മാഞ്ചസ്റ്റർ സർവകലാശാല അദ്ദേഹത്തിന് പിഎച്ച്ഡി ബിരുദവും നൽകിയിരുന്നു.

Vincent Kompany. Photo Credit : Carl Recine / Reuters

Gareth Bale retires from pro football at age 33

Gareth Bale has announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 33.

Bale made the surprise announcement on Monday in a statement posted on his social media channels.
    It brings an end to a career that saw Bale excel for Southampton, Tottenham Hotspur, Real Madrid and LAFC, while also establishing himself as one of the greatest players in Welsh football history.
    "After careful and thoughtful consideration, I announce my immediate retirement from club and international football," Bale said in a statement.
    "I feel incredibly fortunate to have realised my dream of playing the sport I love. It has truly given me some of the best moments of my life. The highest of highs over 17 seasons, that will be impossible to replicate, no matter what the next chapter has in store for me."

At club level, Bale started his professional career at Southampton, and his form there earned him a move to Tottenham in May 2007. He joined Spurs as a left-back but was soon shifted to a position on the left of Tottenham's attacking line, and he then established himself as one of the best players in the world.
    He won an array of individual awards for his performances at the Premier League team, and in September 2013, Madrid signed Bale on a six-year deal for a then-world-record fee of 100 million.
    In Spain, Bale won three La Liga titles, one Copa del Rey and five Champions Leagues (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2022). Although he was frozen out in the latter stages of his Madrid contract, he contributed some historic moments for Los Blancos, including his stunning overhead kick in their 3-1 win over Liverpool in the 2018 Champions League final.
    Towards the end of his Madrid career, he spent the 2020-21 campaign on loan back at Spurs. And after one final season back at Madrid, he left the club in June 2022 at the end of his contract and signed a 12-month deal with LAFC.
    He made 14 appearances in the States, and his greatest contribution came with a 128th-minute extra-time header in the MLS Cup final that saw LAFC draw the game level 3-3 against Philadelphia Union. That forced the match to a penalty shootout, which led to LAFC securing their first major trophy.

"To show my gratitude to all of those that have played their part along this journey feels like an impossibility," Bale added. "I feel indebted to many people for helping to change my life and shape my career in a way I couldn't ever have dreamed of when I first started out at 9 years old.
    "To my previous clubs Southampton, Tottenham, Real Madrid and finally LAFC, all of my managers and coaches, backroom staff, teammates, all the dedicated fans, my agents, my amazing friends and family, the impact you have had is immeasurable."

Bale's last act in football was playing for Wales in the 2022 World Cup, where he earned the last of his record-breaking 111 caps in their 3-0 defeat to England. He captained the team into that competition and, in announcing his retirement, issued a separate statement addressed to his "Welsh family."

He calls time on his international career as the most capped Wales men's player with 111 appearances, sitting alongside his record-setting 41 goals. He helped the team to their journey to the semifinals of Euro 2016, alongside spearheading their campaigns at Euro 2020 and the recent World Cup, in what was the Welsh men's teams first appearance in the World Cup since 1958.
    "My journey on the international stage is one that has changed not only my life but who I am," Bale wrote. "The fortune of being Welsh and being selected to play for and captain Wales, has given me something incomparable to anything else I've experienced.

"I am honoured and humbled to have been able to play a part in the history of this incredible country, to have felt the support and passion of the red wall, and together have been to unexpected and amazing places."
    Bale has not announced what his next plans are: "I move on with anticipation to the next stage of my life," he wrote in his retirement statement. "A time of change and transition, an opportunity for a new adventure."
    Whatever form that new adventure takes, he says he will keep a close eye on his Wales team.

"So for now I am stepping back, but not away from the team that lives in me and runs through my veins," he added. "After all, the dragon on my shirt is all I need."

Iraq edge Oman to win Arabian Gulf Cup

Iraq players celebrate with the trophy after winning the Arabian Gulf Cup25 final match against Oman at the Basra International Stadium, Basra, Iraq on January 19, 2023

Manaf Younis scored an extra time winner as hosts Iraq clinched the 25th Arabian Gulf Cup title after a 3-2 win over Oman in the final, marred by stampede outside the Basra International Stadium in Basra yesterday.
    One person was killed and dozens injured after stampede broke out hours before the final as thousands of fans including many without tickets had gathered outside the 65,000-seat venue to see the home team seeking their first title since 1988.
    As Iraqi organisers decided to hold the final as per schedule, the title contenders played out a gripping clash with Younis header off a lofty free kick by Amjad Attwan in 120+2 minutes giving Iraq their fourth Arabian Gulf Cup trophy.
    The Lions of Mesopotamia had taken the lead with a 24th minute strike by Ibrahim Bayesh, with Salaah Al Yahyaei levelling the score for Oman with a spot kick in 90+10 minutes, taking the final into extra time.
    Attwan converted a penalty in 116th minute to put Iraq ahead again but Oman pulled back the equaliser once more with a goal from Omar Al Malki, three minutes later.
    As referee blew the final whistle four minutes after Younis goal, fans at the packed venue erupted in joy celebrating countrys first Gulf Cup triumph in 25 years.
    Iraq coach Jesus Casas praised his team for a strong show following incidents ahead of the final.
    The players were not comfortable after what happened but they showed strong character and played like lions to make people happy, he said.
    We overcame many challenges to win this tournament. There were few people who believed in the players but I had trust in them. They have a very good future, the coach added.
    Iraq remained unbeaten throughout the tournament, beating Asian champions Qatar in the semi-final after finishing top in Group A.
    Top-notch football returned to Iraq affected by war, invasions and instability for the first time since 1979 as Basra hosted the eight-nation tournament at two venues including the newly-built Al Minaa Olympic Stadium.
    Oman coach Branko Ivankovic, meanwhile, said his team benefited from the tournament.
    Congratulations to Iraq on winning and hosting the tournament. We did not face problems here during our stay in Basra, said Ivankovic.
    We enjoyed the final in front of so many fans. The players gained a good experience in the tournament which will help them in future.

Real Madrid beats Al-Hilal to win 5th Club World Cup

Vinicius Junior scores twice, assists Karim Benzema to lead Real Madrid to its record-extending fifth Club World Cup title in Rabat.

Real Madrid's Karim Benzema kisses the trophy and celebrates with teammates and coach Carlo Ancelotti after winning the FIFA Club World Cup final in Rabat, Morocco

Real Madrid has won the Club World Cup for a record-extending fifth time after beating Saudi Arabias Al-Hilal 5-3 in the final in Rabat, Morocco.
    Vinicius Junior scored twice and helped Karim Benzema in a third goal, while Federico Valverde added two more for the European champions in Saturdays final, which turned into a shootout.

Al-Hilal never led the match but showed it was no fluke that it had upset Brazils Flamengo to reach the decider in Moroccos capital.
    Luciano Vietto scored twice and Moussa Marega once for the Asian champions.
    Madrid last won the Club World Cup in 2018. They also lifted the trophy in 2014, 2016 and 2017.
    Vinicius opened the scoring in Saturdays match in the 13th minute and curled home Madrids fifth and final goal in the 69th.

Vinicius has been improving since last season just as the team has also grown. We won the Champions League and now the world title, and Vinicius has grown along the way, said Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti.
    We are thrilled with what he is doing, above all because he keeps getting better. He is much more decisive now and is making the difference in every match.
    Benzema, meanwhile, was a mild surprise in Madrids starting lineup a day after Ancelotti said it was touch-and-go if he could play at all. The Ballon dOr holder missed Madrids last two games, including the semifinal 4-1 win against Egyptian club Al Ahly on Wednesday.
    The France striker cued the opener after he exchanged passes with Valverde and played Vinicius clear to beat goalkeeper Abdullah Al-Mayouf, who got a leg to the shot but not enough to keep it from landing in his net.

Karnataka crowned Santosh Trophy champions after 54 years

RIYADH:
    Karnataka were on Saturday crowned champions of the Santosh Trophy after a gap of 54 years with Robin Yadav's stunning first-half free-kick being the highlight of their dominating 3-2 win over Meghalaya in the summit clash here.
    M Sunil Kumar (third minute), Bekey Oram (20th) and Robin Yadav (44th) scored for Karnataka while Meghalaya found the target through Brolington Warlarpih (eighth) and Sheen Sohktung (60th) at the King Fahd International Stadium.
    This was Karnataka's first title after 1968-69 and fifth overall, counting their four earlier triumphs as Mysore, their previous name before 1973. They had last finished runners-up in 1975-76.

AFA Tribute Video for Argentina winning the World Cup Exactly 3 months ago...Spanish - however fabulous to watch!!!

UEFA Nations League final: Spain wins 5-4 on penalties

Hero Intercontinental Cup 2023: India champions

Winners: 50,000 USD (India)

Runners-up: 25,000 USD (Lebanon)

Hero of the Tournament: Rs 1, 50,000/- (Sandesh Jhingan, India)

US beat Canada 2-0 to win CONCACAF Nations League

Folarin Balogun and Chris Richards scored their first international goals, both off assists from Gio Reyna, and the United States beat Canada 2-0 on Sunday night for the Americans second straight CONCACAF Nations League title.

സാല്*ഗോക്കര്* ഇനിയില്ല, തിരശ്ശീല വീഴുന്നത് 67 വർഷത്തെ ഫുട്ബോൾ പാരമ്പര്യത്തിന്

പനാജി: ഇന്ത്യയിലെ ഏറ്റവും പ്രസിദ്ധമായ ക്ലബ്ബുകളിലൊന്നായ സാല്*ഗോക്കര്* എഫ്.സി ഫുട്*ബോള്* മതിയാക്കുന്നു. ഗോവന്* ക്ലബ്ബായ സാല്*ഗോക്കര്* 1956 ലാണ് രൂപീകൃതമായത്. 67 വര്*ഷം ഫുട്*ബോള്* ആരാധകരെ രസിപ്പിച്ചശേഷമാണ് സാല്*ഗോക്കര്* ഗ്രൗണ്ട് വിടുന്നത്. സാല്*ഗോക്കറിന്റെ ജൂനിയര്* ടീമുകള്* ലീഗുകളില്* കളിക്കും.

ഗോവന്* ഫുട്*ബോള്* അസോസിയേഷനാണ് ഈ വാര്*ത്ത പുറത്തുവിട്ടത്. കഴിഞ്ഞ കുറച്ചുകാലമായി ഗോവന്* പ്രഫഷണല്* ലീഗില്* മാത്രമാണ് സാല്*ഗോക്കര്* കളിച്ചത്. ഒരുകാലത്ത് ഇന്ത്യന്* ഫുട്*ബോളിലെ ഏറ്റവും കരുത്തരായ ടീമുകളിലൊന്നായിരുന്നു സാല്*ഗോക്കര്*. മെനിനോ ഫിഗ്വെയ്*റിഡോ, ബ്രഹ്*മാനന്ദ് ശങ്ക്*വാൾക്കര്*, ബ്രൂണോ കുടീന്യോ തുടങ്ങിയ നിരവധി ലോകോത്തര താരങ്ങളെ സമ്മാനിക്കാന്* ടീമിന് സാധിച്ചു.

ഗോവയിലെ വ്യവസായിയായ വി.എം.സാല്*ഗോക്കറാണ് ക്ലബ്ബ് സ്ഥാപിച്ചത്. വിംസണ്* എന്ന പേരില്* കളിക്കാനാരംഭിച്ച സാല്*ഗോക്കര്* എഫ്.സി 1957-ല്* രണ്ടാം ഡിവിഷന്* കിരീടം സ്വന്തമാക്കി അതും ഒരു മത്സരം പോലും തോല്*ക്കാതെ. പിന്നീട് അടുത്ത വര്*ഷം ഒന്നാം ഡിവിഷണലേക്ക് സ്ഥാനക്കയറ്റം ലഭിച്ചു. നാല് വര്*ഷങ്ങള്*ക്ക് ശേഷം 1961-ല്* ടീം ഗോവന്* ലീഗിലെ ചാമ്പ്യന്മാരായി.

ഫെഡറേഷന്* കപ്പ്, നാഷണല്* ഫുട്*ബോള്* ലീഗ്, ഡ്യൂറന്റ് കപ്പ് എന്നീ കിരീടങ്ങള്* നേടിയ ആദ്യ ഗോവന്* ടീമാണ് സാല്*ഗോക്കര്*. 1961-ല്* പ്രധാനമന്ത്രി ജവാഹര്* ലാല്* നെഹ്*റു സ്വവസതിയിലേക്ക് ടീം അംഗങ്ങളെ ക്ഷണിച്ചിരുന്നു. സീനിയര്* ടീമില്* മാത്രമായി ഒതുങ്ങുന്നതല്ല സാല്*ഗോക്കറിന്റെ പാരമ്പര്യം. സീനിയര്* ടീമിനൊപ്പം ജൂനിയര്* ടീമുകളെയും ടീം വളര്*ത്തിക്കൊണ്ടുവന്നു.

നാഷണല്* ഫുട്*ബോള്* ലീഗിലും ഐ.ലീഗിലും നിറസാന്നിധ്യമായിരുന്നു സാല്*ഗോക്കര്*. എന്നാല്* ഐ.എസ്.എല്* വന്നതോടെ ടീം തകര്*ച്ച നേരിട്ടു. പിന്നീട് മേജര്* ലീഗുകളില്* കാര്യമായ പ്രകടനം കാഴ്ചവെയ്ക്കാന്* ടീമിന് സാധിച്ചില്ല.ഗോവന്* ലീഗില്* മാത്രമായി ടീം ഒതുങ്ങി. ഐ.ലീഗില്* നിന്നുവരെ സ്ഥാനം നഷ്ടപ്പെട്ടു. സാമ്പത്തികമായി പ്രതിസന്ധികള്* നേരിട്ടു. ഒടുവില്* സാല്*ഗോക്കറും ചരിത്രമാകുകയാണ്.