Page 425 of 473 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 4725

Thread: FK Readers CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Observer View Post
    Finished Barack obamas Dreams from my father. A partial auto biographical primarily related to being a black in America and obamas family background. It gives insights into the mind and what made barack obama the politician. But i couldn't relate to the main theme of black identity as it is specific to America and did feel some of the thoughts to be abstract and buddhijeevi level. I felt maybe dalits in india are closest to the blacks in America. Overall an ok read for people in india
    if things deteriorate like they do now, soon enough the white-black demography in american culture can be likened to that of hindus-nonhindus in india...

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    if things deteriorate like they do now, soon enough the white-black demography in american culture can be likened to that of hindus-nonhindus in india...
    hindus will always consider nonhindus as "humans"...that's not the case with whites and blacks....the whites can't see blacks as humans....nothing can get worse than that.

by blacks i mean african blacks...not any black skinned human
    Last edited by firecrown; 01-05-2018 at 09:01 PM.
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    hindus will always consider nonhindus as "humans"...that's not the case with whites and blacks....the whites can't see blacks as humans....nothing can get worse than that. by blacks i mean african blacks...not any black skinned human
    hope you are seriously following the political happenings in the states run by bjp.

hope you are seriously following the political happenings in the states run by bjp.
    still i don't think it will get that worse...the hatred for blacks is like an instinctive hatred
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

Its much different black white issue is a racial issue with a slavery background. India religion issues are much different. Not going there as it deviates from thread.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    hindus will always consider nonhindus as "humans"...that's not the case with whites and blacks....the whites can't see blacks as humans....nothing can get worse than that.

by blacks i mean african blacks...not any black skinned human
    Still obama won two terms as president. So things have changed and as non Hispanic whites trend towards less than 50% of US population things will get even more better nonwithstanding recent problems under trump

7. Likes firecrown liked this post

Started the year with a forensic thriller but ended up finishing a biography first .

#Book1

Rekha - An untold story
    Author : Yasser Usman (Rajesh khannayude bio mooparu thanne annu )

The biggest drawback of this book is that there is zero contribution from Rekha herself .
    More like a consolidated journal of all the controversial interviews of hers given throughout the career.
    Chennayile childood ...Gemini ganeshan acknowledge cheyath pithrwatham ....how she was looked down in bollywood ....Big B influence etc etc

In short pala interviews .. media vazhi nammal kelkathathu aayitu yaathonnum ella
    Not a exciting read ... Rekha enna entitye patti yaathonnum ariyatha oru aalku revelation aayirikum ... pandathe almost ella bollywood naayikamare pole oru tragic queen !!
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

#Book2

The assassination of Rajiv Gandhi
    Author : Neena Gopal

Neena Gopal was the last journalist who interviewed Rajiv Gandhi just few minutes before he was killed near Chennai in 1991 which helps her to give a detailed account of what it was like in his last moments.
    The book is very well researched and keeps you engaged.
    Conspiracy theory , the events that lead to assassination , quotes from various people in different departments involved in the investigation , dynamics of tamils in lanka and india , political upheaval , aftereffects , the final war , post LTTE sri lanka ....a very detailed narration which is very crisp and never takes you off the track .
    വിരഹത്തിൻ ചൂടേറ്റു വാടിക്കൊഴിഞ്ഞു നീ
    വിടപറയുന്നോരാ നാളിൽ
    നിറയുന്ന കണ്ണുനീര്തുള്ളിയിൽ സ്വപ്നങ്ങൾ
    ചിറകറ്റു വീഴുമാ നാളിൽ
    മൗനത്തിൽ മുങ്ങുമെൻ ഗദ്ഗദം മന്ത്രിക്കും
    മംഗളം നേരുന്നു തോഴീ

To kill the president aduthu idayil vaayichu.
    The book starts off promsingly with a trump lookalike as president of US 5 seconds away from nuking North Korean and China and Mutually Assured Destruction. A assisination plot and a series of unrelated killings follow.

The book premise would be downright panned except in the times of donald trump. towards the end the book fizzles out.
    Overall an average product