Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LION KING : Disney- $1.5 billion: 150C India

Quote Originally Posted by Perumthachan View Post
    agree to that... how about Tom Hanks in The Polar Express, Jim Carrey in Christmas Carol and Steve Carrell in Welcome to Marwen...
    Njaan POlar express mathre kandittullu ... But I do believe they are animation movies ... Live Action Motion Capture aanelum real person is not in the movie ... It is like painting a real person. We do not call it a photo.. it's a painting ...
    When truth is a fantasy, reality lies ..
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

Quote Originally Posted by Naradhan View Post
    Njaan POlar express mathre kandittullu ... But I do believe they are animation movies ... Live Action Motion Capture aanelum real person is not in the movie ... It is like painting a real person. We do not call it a photo.. it's a painting ...
    in traditional animation, you had to manually draw 24 drawings for 1 second on screen not including the background, foreground and special effects... there was lot of hardwork and strain involved... when it came to computer animation, even though you still need 24-25 frames for 1 second on screen, the manual input has reduced a lot... you have options in the software that will do a lot of in-between drawings and effects... with live-action motion-capture, frames for seconds is no longer a concern; the animation process has become more simpler which is why filmmakers have the liberty to blow the lid off by conjuring improbable plots and narrative patterns... though i like to believe all of them still fall under animation sometimes i am like, the journey of animation movies from their origin to present-day is just so humongous to bracket them all under a single name...

4. Likes moovybuf liked this post

in traditional animation, you had to manually draw 24 drawings for 1 second on screen not including the background, foreground and special effects... there was lot of hardwork and strain involved... when it came to computer animation, even though you still need 24-25 frames for 1 second on screen, the manual input has reduced a lot... you have options in the software that will do a lot of in-between drawings and effects... with live-action motion-capture, frames for seconds is no longer a concern; the animation process has become more simpler which is why filmmakers have the liberty to blow the lid off by conjuring improbable plots and narrative patterns... though i like to believe all of them still fall under animation sometimes i am like, the journey of animation movies from their origin to present-day is just so humongous to bracket them all under a single name...
    True. Animation enna title valare limited aanu ... Bhaaviyil nammude chinthagathy enthaayirikkum ennum parayaan kazhiyilla .. When I watched Terminator 2 from theatres I was blown away by the graphics. Now, when I compare it the present level, T2 is a mediocre one at best. Same thing may happen with the automating between keyframes (tweening). We may be able to identify easily, in future, the frames which are tweened and not tweened.
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

Does the first animation and cartoons (like Tom n Jerry , Mickey mouse) fall under same category... Or is animation just used for cartoon feature films?

Quote Originally Posted by moovybuf View Post
    Does the first animation and cartoons (like Tom n Jerry , Mickey mouse) fall under same category... Or is animation just used for cartoon feature films?
    Tom & Jerry, Mickey Mouse... all the way till mid-90's animation could be called traditional animation in terms of character animation atleast... the famous ones being The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, The Jungle Book, Aladdin etc... as early as 70's there were traditional (cell) animation movies that used computery image for background and special effects... it was Pixar's Toy Story (1995) that used computer animation even for characters... even after that there were couple of traditional ones but they could not compete with the 3D model of computer characters who had more depth when you see them... then there is puppet animation, claymodel animation, painting animation, some of which might seem real crazy but the strain and hard work behind those really make you wonder...

8. Likes moovybuf liked this post

True. Animation enna title valare limited aanu ... Bhaaviyil nammude chinthagathy enthaayirikkum ennum parayaan kazhiyilla .. When I watched Terminator 2 from theatres I was blown away by the graphics. Now, when I compare it the present level, T2 is a mediocre one at best. Same thing may happen with the automating between keyframes (tweening). We may be able to identify easily, in future, the frames which are tweened and not tweened.
    a time could come where you would no longer be needing an actor to come to the set... you just need to tell him the story, hand him his paycheck; he can sit at home and all the shoot will be done through motion capture... you can expect a 90 year old Schwarzenegger to do jujitsu or parkour with more agility than arnold pappan could have done during his Conan days...

10. Likes Naradhan liked this post

a time could come where you would no longer be needing an actor to come to the set... you just need to tell him the story, hand him his paycheck; he can sit at home and all the shoot will be done through motion capture... you can expect a 90 year old Schwarzenegger to do jujitsu or parkour with more agility than arnold pappan could have done during his Conan days...
    True ... Princess Leia already going to appear in Rise of Skywalker ... They may use her old footage for this. BUt I'm sure they will use vfx to bring her alive on the screen ...
    Na
    rayana ..
    . Narayana ...

True ... Princess Leia already going to appear in Rise of Skywalker ... They may use her old footage for this. BUt I'm sure they will use vfx to bring her alive on the screen ...
    scorsese's The Irishman is stuck in post-production coz the de-aging vfx of de Niro is taking time... they are bringing out a 30's year old de Niro... sometime back there was a news that yesudas' voice had been digitally stored and in coming years (or even after he passes away), anybody with a basic knowledge of sur and thaalam can sing and the output will be rendered in yesudas voice... seems like 50 years down the line, we can expect marlon brando to act with mammukka with songs by mohammed rafi...

@Naradhan

how about i start a thread for animation: The Magical World of Animation
    could club in everything related to animation movies into it...
    news, trailers, reviews and everything...
    could even go tracing the journey of animation from Gertie the Dinosaur to present day...

14. Likes Naradhan liked this post