Page 58 of 111 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: PONNIYIN SELVAN◄║╝Multi Starrer ■ Mani Ratnam ■ GROSSED 500cr WW ■

"When you backtrack Ponniyin Selvan: I, it manages to make you connect the dots and understand characters in a better way. And the whole power politics you see in the film somewhere stays with you" -Lensmen reviews

Signal
    Green: Recommended Content

https://lensmenreviews.com/ponniyin-...e-review-2022/
    Aavesham - 3/5 | Jai Ganesh - 2/5 | VS - 2.5/5 | Godzilla x Kong 3/5 | Aadu Jeevitham - 5/5 | Manjummel Boys - 4/5 | Bramayugam - 4.5/5 | Premalu 3.5/5 |

2. Likes sankarvp liked this post
    FK Lover

Kurach reviews il kandu, don't expect bahubali type movie ennu..
    How could anyone expect a bahubali type movie from maniratnam.. Ah oru expectation il aarum thanne povillla. In fact everyone will be shocked if mani ratnam does something like that.
    Rajamouli okke ippo vanneth alle.. Everyone knows mani ratnam style film making.
    So, if someone says an opinion that no elevated scenes are there, it doesn't mean they are comparing it with bahubali. Their comparison might be nayakan Or thalapathy.
    Enthayalum naale kaanunund.. I think I'll like the movie

4. Likes Ali Bhai, ikka liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by K S Hrithwik View Post
    Subtitles added in Kerala

Sent from my 22021211RI using Tapatalk
    Ivarkk adye ith cheythudaayrnno🤧

Sent from my RMX2156 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sudeepdayal View Post
    RRR Indian cinemayil Ithu vare vannathil best cinema ennu paranhavan aanu.. Ee foruthil enthinu Athu pole ulla reviewersine pokki nadakkunnath ennu manassilavunnilla..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "RRR Indian cinemayil ithu vare vannathil best cinema" ennu evide paranju chummaa thatti vidalle( Film as a whole life feel cheythilla, nadakeeyatha und, it lacks the soul but great theatre experience ennanallo parayunnath ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cl5mtrw3mA

Paid reviews allatha aal aayanu enik 'ith vare' thonniyittullath.
    Last edited by sankarvp; 09-30-2022 at 01:53 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by Gopikrishnan View Post
    Malayalam limited shows ullu. Subtitle undengil Tamil version kanamennu karuthunnu innu thanne.
    not in the one i had watched at 9am.... Very very tough for understanding the dialogs. Story pic kittum. but can appreciate better if all dialogs are known.

Theater owner said tmrw onwards more mal version will get added. All in the theater after watch was complaining about subtitles. I think they can just enable the same in the UFO settings.

Quote Originally Posted by ashik999 View Post
    "When you backtrack Ponniyin Selvan: I, it manages to make you connect the dots and understand characters in a better way. And the whole power politics you see in the film somewhere stays with you" -Lensmen reviews

Signal
    Green: Recommended Content

https://lensmenreviews.com/ponniyin-...e-review-2022/
    So minimum quality undennath urappanalle

Mani Ratnam - G.O.A.T
    When it comes to staging a scene, no one even comes close to this man. Boy, oh boy, his aesthetics!
    Last edited by Cinemalover; 09-30-2022 at 02:07 PM.

10. Likes Ali Bhai, ikka, sankarvp liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Champion View Post
    Kurach reviews il kandu, don't expect bahubali type movie ennu..
    How could anyone expect a bahubali type movie from maniratnam.. Ah oru expectation il aarum thanne povillla. In fact everyone will be shocked if mani ratnam does something like that.
    Rajamouli okke ippo vanneth alle.. Everyone knows mani ratnam style film making.
    So, if someone says an opinion that no elevated scenes are there, it doesn't mean they are comparing it with bahubali. Their comparison might be nayakan Or thalapathy.
    Enthayalum naale kaanunund.. I think I'll like the movie
    Dialog vise kure spaar scene undu... Thalapathy too heavy on dialogs. I felt mani genre ishtam ullavarkku film pidikkum. but new gen may expect bahubali kind.

Will be ATBB in TN. Hit in Kerala, Karnataka.

Likely to be flop in North and Telugu states.

Will be hit overseas too.

Ponniyin Selvan Part 1

Unironically, Jayaramettan was my show stealer!

It evidently has backing from a super strong source material but what's on screen, felt half hearted; the feel of watching a larger than life epic is simply not there. Ponniyin Selvan's world is gigantic, yet it feels constrained. The characters feel unidimensional with visibly zero arcs, nada. The film didn't essentially bore me, but if I'm asked to pick a favourite scene, I don't have much to choose from.

It is a praiseworthy attempt that, personally, doesn't stand anywhere near The Bahubali Duology or RRR. Hope the second part delivers better and speaking of the sequel, the tail end wasn't as great a cliffhanger as it should've been to generate any hype.

PS : I don't really get Mani Ratnam's love for wobbly camera movements, a complete turn off!

13. Likes Ali Bhai liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FilmMaker View Post
    Ponniyin Selvan Part 1

Unironically, Jayaramettan was my show stealer!

It evidently has backing from a super strong source material but what's on screen, felt half hearted; the feel of watching a larger than life epic is simply not there. Ponniyin Selvan's world is gigantic, yet it feels constrained. The characters feel unidimensional with visibly zero arcs, nada. The film didn't essentially bore me, but if I'm asked to pick a favourite scene, I don't have much to choose from.

It is a praiseworthy attempt that, personally, doesn't stand anywhere near The Bahubali Duology or RRR. Hope the second part delivers better and speaking of the sequel, the tail end wasn't as great a cliffhanger as it should've been to generate any hype.

PS : I don't really get Mani Ratnam's love for wobbly camera movements, a complete turn off!
    @Champion
    Same thing i was worried about - people expecting RRR or Bahubali....Mani completely taken in believable... people cannot digest the power of dialogs whether the same is in Trish-Karthy combo scenes or Ash-Trish scene... BB vs PS is like comparing Basha vs Dalapathi...thats it.
    Last edited by ikka; 09-30-2022 at 02:12 PM.