Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: 🏆⚽️ 🥅 2018-19 UEFA Championship : LIVERPOOL❤️ UCL, CHELSEA💙 UEL Champions 🥅 ⚽️🏆

Quote Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
    Company venda , Top 6 il ottappedanam ...kureyere lessons padikkaanundu

Liverpool and Tottenham in the finals of Champions League
    Liverpool and Man City fighting for the League title
    Arsenal and Chelsea in the finals of Europa League

Man Utd can watch all those on TV
    @Giggs, njan annu paranjille after Fergie's departure, u r still in decent... It will take a good enough manager with proper rebuild of team with players who really commit to the club rather than eyes somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by sillan View Post
    Puthiya puthiya fans all welcome... Please come and don't stay behind scenes and also don't go away when teams losing like many do... True fans stay be their teams in win or lose... London fans or London club fans...
    a true fan is someone who actually gives money to their club (by buying tickets)....i have made some friends who used to live in london...crazy chelsea fans....they would attend almost every chelsea home game...about 30 pounds (Rs.3000) per game
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

3. Likes sillan liked this post

Klopp, Pochettino hit out at rocketing Champions League final costs

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp and Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino have questioned the high prices and travel costs that supporters face to attend the Champions League final.

The two English clubs reached the June 1 showpiece thanks to dramatic comeback wins, but supporters making plans to attend the match in Madrid face huge costs.

Speaking at a news conference on Friday, Klopp hit out at "crazy" hotel prices and said he had sympathy with fans who are being charged such high rates.

"One hundred percent," Klopp said. "Obviously travel agencies and hotels are not silly. Maybe these cities before they get the final they have to agree to a price cut and say [the prices] can't be more than [a certain figure].

"I heard about a room which usually costs ?100 and it now costs ?2,700, it's just crazy. I sympathise a lot."

Tottenham's Argentine manager Mauricio Pochettino said he was having trouble finding accommodation for his family.

"Yesterday I was calling some hotel in Madrid to try to book some rooms because I don't know if my family is going to be there, friends, people from Argentina," he told a news conference. "But it was very difficult.

"The prices are crazy. It's not normal, but it's normal that people take this opportunity to benefit and I am suffering for both sets of fans, ours and Liverpool's."

Liverpool and Tottenham supporters have called for an end to "cashing in on fan loyalty" amid rocketing prices for flights and hotel rooms for the Champions League final.

The price of some flights to the Spanish capital in the days around the match has risen to more than ?1,500, while rates for hotel rooms in the city and surrounding towns have soared to over ?1,000 a night.

The two clubs have been allocated 16,613 tickets for the match at Atletico Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano stadium, with the cheapest of those costing around ?60 and the most expensive ?513.

Liverpool fans' group Spirit of Shankly and the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust have issued a joint statement calling for a crackdown on exploitation of supporters and hitting out at UEFA's "measly" allocations.

"This has been a sensational Champions League campaign for Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool, with fans of both clubs now looking forward to the final in Madrid on June 1," the statement said.

"But supporters' joy has been tempered by the extortionate costs of travel, accommodation and tickets -- if they get a ticket at all with the measly allocation from UEFA.

"Prices of flights to Madrid and surrounding towns have rocketed by up to 840 percent. Hotel rooms are more than ?1,000 a night, with stories of room bookings being cancelled and resold at vastly inflated rates.

"Tickets in excess of ?500 are exorbitant. There needs to be transparency from UEFA and both clubs in how tickets are priced and allocated."

The joint statement from the Liverpool and Tottenham fans also called for consumer protection measures to be applied to the repricing of flights and hotel rooms in the days around the final.

"For many, the final is not a one-off event," it added. "It is the culmination of a season-long journey for fans, who have spent thousands of pounds already travelling to support their team, bringing the spectacle and atmosphere that is a key part of the game so prized by television.

"It is time to stop cashing in on fan loyalty."

Klopp also questioned the selection of Baku, Azerbaijan, as the site of the Europa League final between London rivals Chelsea and Liverpool.

"I think with Madrid it's unbelievably expensive that's clear, but going to Baku for a Europa League final, that's really funny," Klopp said.

"I think these guys who made these decisions, I don't know what they had for breakfast really when they did it.

"Last year we went to Kiev [for the Champions League final] which is a wonderful city but it was not really likely a Russian team or a team from that part of the world would be involved."

With no direct flights to Baku from London, fans face journey times of up to 14 hours depending on connections.

"These decision they must be much more sensible," Klopp said. "It looks irresponsible, I don't know how they do it and I sympathise a lot with the fans."
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

I am not a supporter of fixing the venue for the final at the start of the season itself.
    They could wait.

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    I am not a supporter of fixing the venue for the final at the start of the season itself.
    They could wait.
    better to place it in home of one of the clubs....but how to determine it fairly?
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    better to place it in home of one of the clubs....but how to determine it fairly?
    Club ranking use cheyyamallo.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    a true fan is someone who actually gives money to their club (by buying tickets)....i have made some friends who used to live in london...crazy chelsea fans....they would attend almost every chelsea home game...about 30 pounds (Rs.3000) per game
    its nothing if you have a job there and for a student or somebody with no family commitments. My next return to Europe (have family at Stoke's home) I will be booking an Anfield ticket probably for a #LFCMANU one. Both Anfield and OT are like 30/45minutes drive.

Club ranking use cheyyamallo.
    U mean give a home country venue for club with highest UEFA rating? I wouldn't mind that if tickets are equally divided. Before all these, what UEFA should consider is how good is the venue's other situations like accommodation, transport system etc apart just from a having a good stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by sillan View Post
    U mean give a home country venue for club with highest UEFA rating? I wouldn't mind that if tickets are equally divided. Before all these, what UEFA should consider is how good is the venue's other situations like accommodation, transport system etc apart just from a having a good stadium...
    Equal division will be too big a demand, a reasonable number should be given to the visiting team's club and association.
    UEL final is scheduled to be in Baku, there won't be many cities with poorer infrastructure.

Equal division will be too big a demand, a reasonable number should be given to the visiting team's club and association.
    UEL final is scheduled to be in Baku, there won't be many cities with poorer infrastructure.
    I think UEFA's moto in hosting finals in such places will be to promote football's growth... It will be advantage (if deciding venue after finals confirmed) for a club if venue is given to be in their country (not home ground, i know it won't happen) as there will be still some huge amount of tickets bought by their fans having not need to travel long - they will try all ways to get it.