Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 📶 Mobile network operators - Discussion Thread 📶

is there any operator offering prepaid with unlimited free calls and sms (while in both home circle and roaming)?
    Last edited by firecrown; 05-13-2018 at 03:31 AM.
    My ratings for last 5 Lalettan movies:
    * 01/24 - Malaikottai Vaaliban - 4/5
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5
    * 10/22 - Monster - 2.6/5
    * 05/22 - 12th Man - 2.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by firecrown View Post
    is there any operator offering prepaid with unlimited free calls and sms (while in both home circle and roaming)?
    Check JIO.

Quote Originally Posted by BangaloreaN View Post
    Check JIO.
    in jio postpaid, calls are free.
    in jio prepaid, calls are unlimited but not free.
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Airtel will deploy 5000 new mobile sites, 500 kms of additional optic fiber in FY 2018-19 in Kerala

Airtel today announced that it will continue to make significant investments to further expand its operations and network footprint across Kerala as a part of its ongoing network expansion program Project Leap.

Airtel plans to roll out 5,000 new mobile sites across Kerala in FY 2018-19 to add large network capacity and take high speed data services deeper into rural areas. This effectively translates to 1 new Airtel mobile site going live every two hours across the state.

With this planned rollout, the number of Airtel’s mobile sites across Kerala will go up by 30% to 22,000 and add to the network experience for customers. Airtel also plans to rollout 500 kms of fresh optic fiber across the state to take its fiber footprint to 6,000 kms. The addition of fresh fiber capacity will support the growth of high speed data services in the state.

Airtel was the first operator to launch 4G services in Kerala. It also launched India’s first 4G advanced in Kochi combining capacities of TD LTE (2300 MHz spectrum band) and FD LTE (1800 MHz spectrum band). Airtel’s high speed mobile broadband network umbrella in the region covers all key urban, semi urban and rural areas including highways, tourist destinations and trade centers.

5. Likes BangaloreaN liked this post

Airtel is India's first open network. Just enter your location on this map and you can see the strength of signal in your area: https://www.airtel.in/opennetwork/?i...network_footer

Ithu pole vere ethenkilum operator signal strength on map kanikkunnundo?

WHAT IS INDIA’S FIRST OPEN NETWORK?

In 2015, Project Leap took the first brave step in building a truly transparent network. It is now time to take the next step with India's first Open Network. An open sharing platform that gives each one of you access to our tower maps, our weak spots, our strong signal zones, high- speed internet and more. In other words, you see what we see. So you can question us, judge us and even partner us in building a truly great network. A journey that has to start with us opening up to you.

* 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

How is hotspot service provided by indian mobile operators? That is, using your mobile as a WiFi router to connect other devices like tablets, laptops, smart tv etc.? Is it available on all prepaid plans and postpaid plans?

In many countries like US, it is not available on all plans....you will get a message like this:

* 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

How is hotspot service provided by indian mobile operators? That is, using your mobile as a WiFi router to connect other devices like tablets, laptops, smart tv etc.? Is it available on all prepaid plans and postpaid plans?

In many countries like US, it is not available on all plans....you will get a message like this:

yep..u can use hotspot with any mobile operators..no such pblms in india..u can us hotspot without any glitches..

Quote Originally Posted by Akhil krishnan View Post
    yep..u can use hotspot with any mobile operators..no such pblms in india..u can us hotspot without any glitches..
    Soon they may block it or cap it...because more people come to know about it and make it their only internet connecton....that will strain the network

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    * 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5

Soon they may block it or cap it...because more people come to know about it and make it their only internet connecton....that will strain the network

its not gonna happen in india for sure..unlike us where they are tooo much concerned abt security that they banned huawei ...

Quote Originally Posted by Akhil krishnan View Post
    its not gonna happen in india for sure..unlike us where they are tooo much concerned abt security that they banned huawei ...
    There are no security concerns in hotspot usage....only network strain...more people using network for streaming is going to slow the network...as of now, smart TVs are not popular in India...but in US more people are having smart TVs and they stream a lot...so networks don't let them use their mobile internet to stream to TVs

* 12/23 - Neru - 2.5/5
    * 01/23 - Alone - 2.5/5